Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN: Is Clemson a football factory?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

ESPN: Is Clemson a football factory?

Oct 12, 2016, 2:22 PM

I know we go back and forth on liking/disliking the pundits but they did have some very positive things to say about Clemson, Dabo, and the other coaches.

They put a photo up of 4 of our recent players taking a pic after the Vikings/Texans game. The photo featured Kearse, Reader, Mac, Hop all in arms.

The host asked is Clemson a football factory?

David - Yes, just look at the wide receivers they pump out and the way they coach em up, it will not stop. Just impressed with the way they play and only going to get better with the way the recruit.

Paul - Agreement, great recruiting, coaching and overall growth of the program.

Desmond - chimes in hold up hold up... not only the offensive players, look at the defense and the players they put in the league. I don't see it slowing down.

Pretty awesome press and one of the only times I can remember hearing all the pundits in agreement to what we see and believe! Of course tomorrow will most likely be a different story with these guys.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good story, great pic.. thanks for posting. Tu!***

Oct 12, 2016, 2:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Good story, great pic.. thanks for posting. Tu!***

Oct 12, 2016, 2:31 PM

Thank you soywalker! 1st post, generally a lurker but I have been commenting a little bit more lately.

the good thing about the picture shows that even though

Oct 12, 2016, 3:39 PM

they have moved on from Clemson to the NFL, they have remained friends. Shows the atmosphere that is being build at Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No!!! Under Coach Swinney Clemson University is a builder of

Oct 12, 2016, 2:27 PM

Men!!!!!

Absolutely! And we send a LOT of them to the NFL.***

Oct 12, 2016, 2:35 PM

Re: No!!! Under Coach Swinney Clemson University is a builder of

Oct 12, 2016, 2:35 PM [ in reply to No!!! Under Coach Swinney Clemson University is a builder of ]

You know that's a good point that is never discussed at all on tv... just goes to show that high character doesn't sell. That shows a sad side of our society. They act like they hate when these athletes make poor decisions but in reality that's what gets played to death.

Re: ESPN: Is Clemson a football factory?

Oct 12, 2016, 2:41 PM

I was at lunch and saw this on TV and wondered what they were saying. Thanks for the recap! +1

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2016, 2:47 PM

Glad I could help! Working at home does have some perks ??.

Which show was this on?***

Oct 12, 2016, 2:49 PM

Re: Which show was this on?***

Oct 12, 2016, 3:26 PM

I think it was called College Football Live possibly, right before the NFL insiders segment comes on if that helps.

4 really impressive young men....

Oct 12, 2016, 2:58 PM

uhhh, the former Clemson players,

not the ESPiN guys.

Oct 12, 2016, 3:13 PM

I guess I have the wrong idea about what "football factory" means. I always took it to mean a school whose total focus was winning at any cost ... without regard to academics , graduation rates or instilling character that turns these young guys into men equipped to earn a good living and be good husbands and fathers. If that term no longer means this, then we are a football factory. If my understanding of the term is still correct, then I am happy to say we are decidedly NOT a football factory.

Oct 12, 2016, 3:15 PM

I agree that factory has a negative connotation. Clemson has developed a system that recruits, develops and guides young men into productive careers both in the NFL and outside of football.

null

Oct 12, 2016, 3:25 PM

Fair points, in this particular segment it definitely did not have the negative connotation of factory as in forgoing all other aspects of college athletics like academics, character and personal growth all for the sake of winning football games.

In the end Clemson is the model of what college athletics should be, but I may be a bit biased. Few other programs match what we do in the classroom and put on the field and I believe it is slowly being recognized by the media. Dabos graduation rate is occasionally talked about and other coaches and past coaches recognize, example...Mack Brown the other night during our game talking about doing things the right way.

So what are we?

Oct 12, 2016, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN: Is Clemson a football factory? ]

A craft footballery?
An artisan football shop?

Re: So what are we?

Oct 12, 2016, 3:31 PM

So why can't we just be the best all-around football program in the nation ... and not worry about putting a label on it.

Oct 12, 2016, 3:33 PM

Good post.

I like all of those ESPN guys. Not everybody's lost their objectivity over there. I think David Pollak, and Danny Kennell will eventually leave ESPN, but that's just an opinion.

I don't care for ESPN because I see them constantly pimping their investment (SEC) at the expense of reporting college football down the middle and without bias. I also don't care for their social agenda and the fact that they're constantly intermingling it with their programming.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't take kindly to ESPN stories round here.***

Oct 12, 2016, 4:26 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We don't take kindly to ESPN stories round here.***

Oct 12, 2016, 4:43 PM

Believe me I know this, as a recently hired ESPN intern, they have sent me in to change the way the Clemson fan base feels about ESPN ????

Good luck, my Friend. It's kind of like a love/hate

Oct 12, 2016, 4:54 PM

relationship: we love to watch ESPN; we hate when they speak...unless, of course, their words are in praise of dear, ole Clemson. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic