Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
About to get real on Trapp right quick!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

About to get real on Trapp right quick!

Jan 22, 2020, 5:02 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again he's Newberry college, Anderson University talent thats somehow playing at Clemson University bc we didn't have many options on the table in his class. Facts don't lie. Check is career stats and it might blow your mind. He's around 40 percent career free throw shooting and I believe 20 percent from 3. In the basketball world we call that a nightmare. I applaud Trapp for his energy on the court and willingness to give everything he has but from a coaching perspective there is no reason for Brad to have Clyde Trapp on the floor during the closing minutes. That's when Daws or Newman should be in at point. Scott can do it too given the lineup.
I mentioned during the win at UNC that our free throws seriously worried me. From that came it has basically been a carry over virus. Missing the front end of many 1 and 1s. Just leaving so many points on the court has to infuriate Brad. Hopefully they can work on this and really change this trend soon, but for starters I would refrain from using Trapp in the closing minutes of these next few games. Especially if we want to win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

January 27, 7:00 pm.

Jan 22, 2020, 5:31 AM

Tiger Calls with Brad Brownell. Let him know, Chief!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: About to get real on Trapp right quick!

Jan 22, 2020, 6:56 AM

Man, I hope you feel better after this dandy of a post...

9 points, 4 assists, 8 rebounds, and 1 steal. That was his stat line

When we went on our run at the end of the game, he was getting every defensive rebound. He was extremely important to us winning the game. And you, "getting real with him" really just shows that you are an uninformed ####.

Oh and btw, your recommendation of Newman being in the game at PG. He went 0-3 at the line this game. What a dumb recommendation. I'm glad you aren't coach, you f'ing bum.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2020, 7:01 AM

I've got to hand it to ya , that was brutal .
Could be a fight in the parking lot at Mac's ... if y'all want to take this any further .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 22, 2020, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: About to get real on Trapp right quick! ]

You omitted the most important stat:

1 turnover

Welcome to the starting lineup, Mr Trapp.

Jan 22, 2020, 7:01 AM

He is dang good and a huge reason why we have won 4 out of 5. He just needs to make FTs.

Calling slump

Jan 22, 2020, 8:02 AM

His shots have been almost refusing to fall this year, for some reason, but he is solid everywhere else and I doubt he was pulling the trigger on a prayer. Lately he has been driving more to hole. Where as noted he has struggled at the line.

I have seen others snap out of it before and believe he is capable of doing the same. This team will be hard to handle if he does.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Calling slump

Jan 22, 2020, 8:09 AM

FG shooting touch has got to be from the injury recovery

so much of the shot comes from the legs, so it's no surprise that his shooting is off when he has be re-habbing for so long

but his FT % is a bit scary so far.

his shot looks good, nice form (he has a 'camp' shot) and rhythm but they just haven't been falling

Re: Calling slump

Jan 22, 2020, 8:14 AM

Take your TU - you are correct on that one.

Yeah, that is something folks are missing. Trapp is recovering from the ACL injury over the summer. He was about 70% prior and at little under last year but he was playing 20+ minutes more than in 2017/2018. ACL + more minutes is a good way for the FT % to decrease. Still, his performance has been good overall.

Jan 22, 2020, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Re: About to get real on Trapp right quick! ]

We don’t win the last 4 out of 5 without him. When his knee gets stronger the shots will fall.

Re: About to get real on Trapp right quick! Totally wrong

Jan 22, 2020, 7:40 AM

he had been around 70% on fts untill this year

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2020, 8:23 AM

I am betting you could hit the broad side of a barn, or stand on the beach and throw it in the ocean.. either way you should not call our specific players!
Just rude! And your wrong!

There's no need to bash our players or call them out like

Jan 22, 2020, 9:17 AM

that. If that's how you want to act, then just go root for the coots...you'll fit right in with their fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sounds more like a UNCheat coach I know of...***

Jan 23, 2020, 11:17 AM

He is an intelligent guy who understands several positions on the court.

Jan 23, 2020, 12:46 AM

He’s also a very good athlete who plays hard on both ends of the court. He isn’t the best shooter or ball handler on the team, but he does a lot of things for us. His veteran leadership has been key in our 4-1 record over the past five games.

Keep in mind that he is still recovering from the ACL injury. That isn’t just physical, but mental too. Free throws are mental as much as anything, which explains why he’s struggling lately at the line.

I’m willing to bet that Clyde has some huge games for us this year, and will be a key reason for some wins we will have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: He is an intelligent guy who understands several positions on the court.

Jan 23, 2020, 9:58 AM

i agree

there were some games last year where he was a difference-maker

late in games, i feel better when he has the ball than Dawes

Jan 23, 2020, 5:44 AM

wow...what a blow hard you are

Believe the Lad had a broken body part ...

Jan 24, 2020, 3:11 PM

The knee, always the knee ...

Anyway, "things" overall seem to go better when he's handling the ball AND, I'm cutting him a break, you gotta be rusty coming back after that injury.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic