Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson Announces the Addition of Steve Smith to Men's Basketball Coaching Staff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson Announces the Addition of Steve Smith to Men's Basketball Coaching Staff

May 31, 2012, 2:45 PM

Clemson Announces the Addition of Steve Smith to Men's Basketball Coaching Staff

Steve Smith, most recently an assistant coach at Georgia Southern, has been named an assistant coach for the Clemson men's basketball program. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

man am I relieved

May 31, 2012, 2:47 PM

because at first glance I thought it could have been that loudmouth Stephen A. Smith from ESPN. glad he isnt THAT guy

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

About time......

May 31, 2012, 3:15 PM

I wonder what the hold-up was on the announcement? From what I understand he's been working.

Welcome Coach Smith. Get us some players.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: About time......I think everyone in the AD

May 31, 2012, 3:22 PM

is tied up on the Big 12 thing. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought it might have been....

May 31, 2012, 3:30 PM

the engineering of the 6000 ft Oculus. I wonder will it have an elevator? Maybe it will shine an orange tiger paw in the sky (like Batman)? Enquiring minds need to know!

Remember the Big 12 is a done deal. So that's off the table now just waiting for "Tigernetter that shall not be named" announcement. I believe there's a one week waiting period on all media events through the University.

Oh :)

making sure Ga Southern wasn't going to fire their HC

May 31, 2012, 3:46 PM [ in reply to About time...... ]

and have him take over like they did a VT.

That I hadn't heard.....

May 31, 2012, 3:52 PM

I would imagine it's very difficult to find a coach willing to move now.

He looks totally different on ESPN

May 31, 2012, 3:27 PM

Also, this: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/web-exclusives-jay-as-stephen-a-smith/1402553

=)

Re: He looks totally different on ESPN- funny

May 31, 2012, 4:12 PM

I hate to be yelled at by anyone on tv. hence I dont watch him

gonna be tough for him

May 31, 2012, 5:44 PM

to balance playing for the panthers and coaching college basketball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brownell with another good choice

May 31, 2012, 5:48 PM

This guy will be a great hire; the folks in Statesboro, who are rabid sports fans, think a lot of SS. No impact for 2012-13 but should be instrumental in helping us recruit a higher caliber of player in the future.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big fan of Steve Smith(s) - the Panthers receiver, the

Jun 1, 2012, 10:04 AM

worship leader at Brookwood Church in Simpsonville, and now the assistant basketball coach at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson Announces the Addition of Steve Smith to Men's Basketball Coaching Staff

Jun 1, 2012, 10:44 AM

I talked to a friend whose daughter plays on GA Southern's team, and he said Steve Smith is a great coach and really knows and understands the game and the kids love playing for him. He said he wished they had kept him as Head Coach and let their head coach go. Time will tell, but this looks like a great hire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic