Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baker Mayfield
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Baker Mayfield

Apr 27, 2018, 10:15 AM

Just because you don't like Baker Mayfield doesn't mean that he's a bad player. And just because he's 6'1" and has a bit of a character issue doesn't mean anything. People seem to forget that he led CFB in passing efficiency and he also was second in yards per pass. I could honestly go on and on about his stats. And it's also not like he won a heisman. The problem with the NFL is that they like "Mr. Look the part" which is a 6'5" QB with a big arm. That's why Josh Allen went in #7, even though he didn't throw for over 2,000 yards, had a 56% completion rate, and only threw 16 touchdowns the ENTIRE YEAR. Even Josh Rosen should've been higher than him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he is going to be really good.

Apr 27, 2018, 10:26 AM

I don't think it was a bad pick at all. I think Ward with their 4th pick is a lock to be a stud. The Browns had a great 1st round imo.

i say add him to the list....

Apr 27, 2018, 10:31 AM
browns qb.jpg(156.3 K)

this is what they do... all those QB's on that list you could say the same things about. Its just natural.

That's a great one.*****

Apr 27, 2018, 10:34 AM

Re: i say add him to the list....

Apr 27, 2018, 10:42 AM [ in reply to i say add him to the list.... ]

Love your pic, there.
Maybe, the Browns didn't realize that even USuC plays better D than Ohio State and the Big 12. And, that's a sad thing to say.
Baker could be Manziel, Jr.

Seems like a massive #####

Apr 27, 2018, 10:32 AM

And he got knocked out by Clemson. That's all I care about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems like a massive #####

Apr 27, 2018, 10:35 AM

True

Re: Baker Mayfield

Apr 27, 2018, 10:53 AM

GWPTiger® and his Browns approve this message!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

The only thing that makes Baker Mayfield a bad player is

Apr 27, 2018, 11:45 AM

the fact that he's a bad player. It has nothing to do with whether or not I like him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^^^^^^^^The reason

Apr 27, 2018, 1:41 PM

he permanently keeps the IPM award!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Baker Mayfield

Apr 27, 2018, 11:49 AM

Poor man's Russell Wilson. The fact that he is going to be a Cleveland QB should be enough evidence that he's not going to be a good pro.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not a fan, but...

Apr 27, 2018, 12:28 PM

... there is no denying the talent, leadership and energy he brings. Taking all aspects of the passing game into consideration -- vision, arm strength, check downs, mobility, pocket presence, accuracy, quick release -- he was the best quarterback I saw last year. Absolutely love the way the ball comes out of his hand. If he can grow up and learn some manners, he could be Bret Favre. (Yes, I know Bret could learn some manner too.)

Hate to disagree, Mayfield is by no means a bad player...

Apr 27, 2018, 1:36 PM

But to my mind the Browns blew it as usual:
(1) They could have had Barkley with the 1st pick and Mayfield at 4;
The Jets wanted Darnold, the Giants were passing on QBs and had Barkley and Chubb at the top of their list;
(2) Ward wasn't even the best corner in the Big10(that would be Josh Jackson of Iowa, who wasn't picked yet) and Fitzpatrick and James were still on the board if you wanted DBs, not to mention Chubb, and the offensive tackles they might need to replace the great Joe Thomas, and they probably could have traded down to get him if they were locked on Ward.
(3)The Giants may win this draft by doing better than Cleveland in spite of being behind them and having one less pick in the top 34 if they use their first pick of the second round on Mason Rudolph and end up with the best running back in the draft and a high quality QB for two picks.
My two cents.

Re: Hate to disagree, Mayfield is by no means a bad player...

Apr 27, 2018, 5:28 PM

Not sure I agree that the Jets wanted Darnold, I think they also wanted Baker(fits the West Coast offense they intend to run) which makes part of your post questionable. Browns hold 2 of the next 3 picks where I would not be surprised to see them take a RB, either Chubb or Guice. Thus solving that RB issue very well at a far lower cost and both are incredible backs in the own right. If they pick up Landry from BC with one of those next picks they add a very good DE for far lower costs to match up with Myles for years to come. Right now the Browns need help everywhere and it is about how to fill a roster with quality guys that do not bust the bank later.

I respectfully disagree...

Apr 27, 2018, 7:03 PM

If the Jets planned to run the "West Coast Offense", Rosen, who has been running it for two years, was there for the taking. Also he and Darnold both fit a system with both Bridgewater and McCown in it better than Mayfield. Barkley is a far higher level running back than Chubb or Guice and has the added advantage of playing the cold, nasty type weather one finds in Cleveland. I will admit that the Chubb versus Landry comparison is a bit closer, but still Chubb is a more proven player with less injury history. Ward was simply, way over-drafted and will come expensive as a top four choice when Chubb would have been a far better value for the money(which is pretty much set by the NFL anyway under the current contract) and which isn't relevant anyway as Cleveland is WAY under the salary cap. If they wanted more draft choices, they should have simply traded down out of of the fourth spot and gotten more and still got Ward in the teens. Sorry, they still blew it.

I admit...

Apr 27, 2018, 7:28 PM

I missed on the Giants' pick, which is okay, good run blocker. And so far tonight I am much more impressed with the Browns first two picks than last night. They needed that lineman and Chubb.

Re: I respectfully disagree...

Apr 27, 2018, 7:34 PM [ in reply to I respectfully disagree... ]

Baker was the choice for the Jets, he ran an offense that they intend to run and was very accurate. We can agree to disagree on this one. Rosen is a concussion away from sitting multiple games and possibly the season, Darnold will need a lot of work. The Brown's secondary was/is a dumpster fire so hence the CB at #4. Brown's just got their RB in Chubb at 35.Right now they have cap space but gotta remember the contracts of some players already on the team and those currently drafted will be coming due in 4-5 years.Baker will be a very good QB and if the Browns felt he was their guy they had to get him, after years of trading away top picks and watching QB become stars they had to pull the trigger.Barkley starred against lessor competition but when facing a very good defense he was not all that special on tape. Might just be another workout warrior and when was the last time a PSU RB was a star in the NFL?

About the same time a Southern Cal QB

Apr 27, 2018, 7:41 PM

was a star. Point taken. We just have to agree to disagree on Mayfield and Ward.

People just want players they don't like to bust

Apr 27, 2018, 2:00 PM

When in reality he's one of the best college football QBs in years, can make all the reads and throws, and has intangibles you want in a leader.

Basically every reason that Clemson fans thought Deshaun should have been drafted higher last year.

Let's be fair.

Apr 27, 2018, 6:35 PM

Mayfield played in a conference devoid of defense. Not that I don't appreciate his talent and skill level but he's seen the last slackassdefence he's ever gonna see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's be fair.

Apr 27, 2018, 7:36 PM

Look, Baker gave UGA everything they could handle by putting points on the board.

I'm a Browns fan and hated the pick

Apr 27, 2018, 7:01 PM

No one else was picking him number 1. Should have traded the pick and he'd have been there later. And his stats were amassed against some of the worst defenses in football on average. Guys with his measurables are simply not the #1 pick.

In fact, you can find only 2.......2 comps that are successful NFL QB's, Brees and Wilson, and no one was drafting them even in the first round.

Just more incompetence from the most inept organization in pro sports

Re: I'm a Browns fan and hated the pick

Apr 27, 2018, 7:38 PM

Yeah , the experts were calling Allen at #1 when he could not hit the ocean fron the pier. Experts that down rated DW4, those experts?

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic