Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
About our close game. We won.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

About our close game. We won.

Sep 11, 2016, 2:50 PM

Just remember...

"I think that means we’ve become a relevant program when there’s a group of people that aren’t even happy with you when you win. I feel sorry for those folks. We’re just happy. We’re always going to get better."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: About our close game. We won.

Sep 11, 2016, 3:06 PM

I am happy we won and are 2 and 0. The problem is we aren't playing hungry or with a chip on our shoulder. Last year we played like we had something to prove. This year so far we are playing like we are already heading to the playoffs. I know troy played hard and had a good game plan I get that. My problem is it shouldn't matter. We phoned it in and didn't focus. Dropped passes is a complete lack of focus. Missed assignments Is a complete lack of focus. In the game of football your goal is always to just simply beat man in front of you and focus and execute your assignment. If you do that you will dominate especially if your talent is better which we were yesterday. ..we didn't do that. In a game with equal talent ...don't even want to think about it. Anyway go tigers! Think it will help in the long run just hope sooner than later.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2016, 3:10 PM

I think losing is the only thing that will cure this.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2016, 3:16 PM

Dropping in polls and a self criticism and a good week of practice will fix it.

Sep 11, 2016, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: About our close game. We won. ]

Also you hear it all the time "we will get their best shot" that is true. But if you are clearly the better team and they get YOUR best shot you can shut them up quickly. My point is I and everyone knows just how good we can be,we just haven't played that yet. Not upset it's understandable after the year we had last year,just needs to be needs to handled now before our schedule gets harder.

don't think many power 5 teams in the country

Sep 11, 2016, 3:26 PM

Would be happy with a 30-24 win over Troy

Re: don't think many power 5 teams in the country

Sep 11, 2016, 3:35 PM

Best is the standard...if the players and coaches and fans think that is the way they played yesterday then so be it. I look at clemson like a parent. Last year they were all A students hypothetically after being B students the year before. Overachieving my expectations last year. Now they are bringing home Cs and I just want them to know I know they can do better. The sky isn't falling, just need to buckle down.

A loss would have been much better***

Sep 11, 2016, 5:23 PM [ in reply to don't think many power 5 teams in the country ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2016, 4:05 PM

If it hadn't been for an unheard whistle on that fumble at the goal line when Troy could have returned it 100 yards, we would have lost. Thank goodness for a quick whistle and an honest ref.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic