Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
About our Dline and defense overall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,610

About our Dline and defense overall

Oct 3, 2016, 5:58 PM

I think we might have three 1st round Draft picks starting on the DL the year they come out. That's sick talent. Especially when you consider the guys behind them have a great opportunity to be significant draft picks as well beyond the 1st round and where Austin Bryant may end up.

Overall, I think this defense is Venable's best unit to date. They seem more sound and disciplined. Also bigger, stronger with incredible depth. I was worried we would lose some speed, but with what I've seen so far, if we did it wasn't much.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: About our Dline and defense overall

Oct 3, 2016, 6:09 PM

There is no might to it. Wilkins is a future top ten pick and Lawrence might be a #1 pick, top five at least. Watkins is a pretty sure bet as a late first rounder also.

Oct 3, 2016, 6:16 PM

Lol what makes you say Carlos is a late rounder? Please discuss, compared to what you said about the other two, what are you going off of to say Carlos won't be drafted as high? Or what makes you think the other two are better? Have u watched this year?

Oct 3, 2016, 6:28 PM

He is saying he will be a late first round pick.

Oct 3, 2016, 7:08 PM

And at the same time saying Christian and Dex will be drafted higher. Based off of what? What has Carlos done to be considered a late first round where the other two will be high first round? Not mentioned in interviews by Dabo enough? Is he saying the other two have a higher ceiling? Cause I wouldn't agree with that either.

Carlos Watkins reminds me of what happened with Nuk. Nuk was Mr consistent, knew what you were getting every game. He was the man, knew he was gonna be dominant every game. Then Sammy comes and everybody says Sammy is the best ever. But Nuk is still one of the most consistent in the NFL and will go down as the greatest Clemson NFL player ever. Carlos shines every game, but the talk of Dex weighing 340 and being a freshmen kinda took the attention away from a first team All ACC and potential All American. And Carlos will go down as one of the best ever, who gets the least attention

Oct 12, 2016, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: About our Dline and defense overall ]

Meant to say late first rounder at worst. I don't think he has as high a ceiling as the other two but he is still a great player. In 5 years Carlos has 6.5 sacks and 14 TFL along with 39 solo tackles. Christian Wilkins in two years has 5 sacks 13 TFL and 32 solo tackles. Dexter already has 1 sack 3 TFL and 10 solo tackles. Carlos could definitely move into the early first round with a solid combine, but as of now i think he'll go in the 20's to early 30's in the draft.

Oct 12, 2016, 11:59 PM

Oh and btw I've been saying Carlos was a first rounder for several years now, before he was even on the radar of most mock drafters. Much like I said Stephone would get drafted in the first round after his sophomore year.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,610
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic