Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
About Dean Smith: the biggest issue...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,772

About Dean Smith: the biggest issue...

Feb 8, 2015, 1:57 PM

I had with him was how he would use his position to advance his Liberal agenda and endorse Liberal Candidates. Left or Right, that's not any place for coaches to leverage influence. Well, especially Lefties:)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Examples, please?***

Feb 8, 2015, 2:07 PM

I think he campaigned for Harvey Gantt against Jesse Helms.***

Feb 8, 2015, 2:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you trying to promote a positive image for Jesse Helms?

Feb 8, 2015, 2:19 PM

Cause that would be a really bad example.

LOL, no, I would have voted for Harvey over Jesse if I could

Feb 8, 2015, 2:26 PM

have voted in NC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope you're joking, Harvey was a terrible Mayor

Feb 8, 2015, 3:55 PM

of Charlotte. Richard Vinroot was much better and by the way he played for Dean. So to be fair, Dean Smith supported Vinroot as well, even though he was an (R).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, would have voted for almost anyone over Helms***

Feb 8, 2015, 5:29 PM

And what was wrong with that***

Feb 8, 2015, 3:46 PM [ in reply to I think he campaigned for Harvey Gantt against Jesse Helms.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was just reading ESECPN article on Smith

Feb 8, 2015, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Examples, please?*** ]

before I ventured here and there is a part in the article about his longtime support of Democrats and I thought to myself, "I gotta believe some right winger on T Net has jumped all over this because just can't not say something. It is like a disease." RIP Coach Smith

Re: Agreed

Feb 8, 2015, 2:12 PM

I agree 100% Standing up for the 1st black ACC player and integrating a racist Jim Crow restaurant is not the agenda we need in the ACC or America. We need strong Conservative thinkers like Tillman and Thomas Green Clemson. They would have never allowed such a thing.

Feb 8, 2015, 2:14 PM

and another pathetic chicken fan posing as a Tiger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 8, 2015, 2:24 PM

Dude are you serious?? Did u just accuse me of being a gamecock fan for my post. I admit my post was very sarcastic, I'm all CLEMSON sir... and i don't have to prove my fan loyalty to anyone. But u can't be serious.

You cluck like a coot!

Feb 8, 2015, 5:40 PM

But in reference to Coach Smith, he did some good. I admire his stance against beer commercials on ACC networks. Drinking beer is fine, but the ACC didn't need to advertise it. I am sure that he also did other good things.

However, he had too much influence over the ACC office and used that to his advantage. He never did anything for Clemson, that is for sure.

Feb 8, 2015, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Agreed ]

....and yes i was being sarcastic. I'm a Clemson fan and I will say You don't have to like Coach Smith (or anybody for that matter). But i for one am glad that he had the heart & courage to have a "liberal agenda" that affected society in a positve way. You guys have to remember no one is perfect, but people like Coach Smith is the very reason many of us celebrate and cheer for "Clemson atheletes" that might not necessarily look like the people who post on these boards

Feb 8, 2015, 2:25 PM

It took courage to stand up against ignorance in those days. God bless Dean Smith on his eternal joyrney.

You are so correct OrangeKrush

Feb 8, 2015, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Agreed ]

Next thing someone in this state will stand up for removing the confederate flag from state house property. It might even be one of our athletes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,772
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic