Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson LB Isaiah Simmons officially announces NFL decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson LB Isaiah Simmons officially announces NFL decision

Jan 18, 2020, 6:31 PM

Clemson LB Isaiah Simmons officially announces NFL decision

Clemson junior announced that he has declared for the NFL draft on Saturday. Simmons earned first-team All-American honors, the Butkus Award as the nation’s top Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson LB Isaiah Simmons officially announces NFL decision

Jan 18, 2020, 6:33 PM

Good luck my man and go get your pay day you deserve it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AWESOME NEWS!!!

Jan 18, 2020, 6:34 PM

It’ll be great to see him back on the sidelines.

...As another Top Draft pick in the NFL coming back to encourage & motivate the team.

Congratulations Isaiah!!! You earned it!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it is awesome news

Jan 18, 2020, 7:01 PM

Would you have been upset if he said he wanted to play his senior year at Clemson?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

then you don’t have children.

Jan 18, 2020, 8:06 PM

This is awesome news for I.S. And that’s all that matters.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Too bad ETN is coming back, it would have been awesome

Jan 18, 2020, 8:12 PM

for him to go to the NFL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think it is awesome news

Jan 19, 2020, 10:16 AM [ in reply to I don't think it is awesome news ]

Dabo wouldn’t have let’em!!????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jan 18, 2020, 6:37 PM

We knew it was coming, just seemed weird to be so delayed. It really made no sense to come back, as there is a possibility he could go in the top five.

The only thing that prevents a top 5 pick, imho, is a series of trades if teams want any of the top three QB's

Isaiah's skill set is unique, and as teams struggle for ways to cover TEs like Kelce & Kittle, his value will grow.

All the best to one of the most exceptional athletes Clemson football has seen

Jan 18, 2020, 7:14 PM

I was thinking the same thing about his skill set. He’d be ideal in Pete Carroll’s secondary in Seattle. Only problem is he’ll be long gone from the board by the time the Seahawks pick

Germans...

Jan 18, 2020, 6:44 PM

is Germans

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Jan 18, 2020, 6:47 PM

Best wishes Isaiah. Thanks for your amazing contributions to the program and your fellow Tigers. Success and happiness to you in the coming years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 7:29 PM

Congratulations Isaiah! I wish you much success in the League. And thanks for bringing your talents and heart to Clemson. Tiger Nation salutes you and will always love you! Go get em #11!

Jan 18, 2020, 7:31 PM

Godspeed Isaiah! We will miss your play and great insight in post-game interviews, you handled the trap questions with excellence. Go get what you deserve and thank you for the many memories!!! God bless!

Jan 18, 2020, 7:39 PM

He was a senior he was here when we won the first natty. Albeit a redshirt sr. Still a sr. He graduated why stay

Jan 18, 2020, 7:39 PM

He was a senior he was here when we won the first natty. Albeit a redshirt sr. Still a sr. He graduated why stay

Clemson LEGEND

Jan 18, 2020, 8:03 PM

Go make us proud, #11

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jan 18, 2020, 8:12 PM

Wtg Big Fella. Man's going off to get his big bucks that are well deserved. If you haven't read his letter, it's awesome.

As great it would be to see you back in Orange next year, you did what it took. Trusted the process and now all the big boys are clamoring to make deals to get you on their team.

If the Panthers had a brain, they'd trade up to get you there. You wouldn't be the next Luke, you're much more valuable than he is/was... Should be#1 pick. I would.

Dumb #### NFL will likely pick burrow, another Johnny manzel waiting to happen, or Chase young who we destroyed... But the team that picks you will be the winner of the 20 draft!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 8:45 PM

Not unexpected and I don't blame him. I had just hoped he would stay another year. He's a talented player that any NFL team would benefit from having. I just hope he gets picked by a team that will be a contender and not a team that will wear him down being surrounded by others who do not come close to his talent level. Good luck Issiah. Thanks for everything.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 8:48 PM

You’ve made us all look better! Rock the NFL!!! We will be cheering for you!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 9:02 PM

“While I am incredibly excited about the opportunities and challenges that await me, please know that a part of my heart will always remain here in Clemson, South Carolina."

Ditto....Isaiah.....Ditto.

Jan 18, 2020, 11:04 PM

Good luck, Isaiah and God bless you. We’ll be cheering for you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2020, 12:03 AM

Well duh - no choice here.
Good luck young man - thanks for always being a Tiger!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2020, 12:56 AM

I think it is a smart decision made by him best wishes

I hope he’s not making a mistake

Jan 19, 2020, 8:28 AM

Top 5 is nice, but with another year of hard work and coaching, he could have worked his way to the top 4.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2020, 11:18 AM

He'll be an NFL star

Jan 19, 2020, 2:25 PM

So proud of your accomplishments at Clemson over the last 3-yrs.! I look forward to seeing you excel as a football player and as a man for many years to come.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I knew he was gone. Best choice for him.

Jan 19, 2020, 2:48 PM

When you’re a unicorn you’re going to get picked in the top five. We have been blessed with some unbelievable linebackers here at Clemson. Simmons was by far the best! He can play ANY position on the defense. No one else can do that. I’m hearing teams interested in trading up to have a shot at drafting him. Mainly the chiefs. When there’s nothing developmentally to gain from another year, it’s time to enter the draft. Unless they want to stay one more year out of school pride and spirit. That is rare. I have no doubts Simmons has changed the lb position forever. Kids will emulate his versatility & will become the norm. Just like 6’4” wide receivers weighing 225lbs that can run a 4.4 or 4.3 are becoming the norm. Congrats on a stellar college career. You became my favorite defensive player of all time! I wanted you to return for my own selfish reasons. But, your decision is perfect! Go break the NFL bank and start breaking NFL records! You’re a great player & better human being! Godspeed Isaiah Simmons! May your career be blessed!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a beautiful letter that was. ****

Jan 19, 2020, 5:37 PM

H

Jan 19, 2020, 6:16 PM

Best wishes Isaiah!

Jan 20, 2020, 7:18 AM

I was lucky enough to meet and develop a friendship with his Father and Mother. Both of them are outstanding parents and I know they couldn’t be more proud, I just hope they will still find the time to come see us at the tailgate every now and then! Go get em 11!

Jan 23, 2020, 9:02 AM

Uhhhggggg....So hate to see this young man go. It was an honor and privilege to watch him play. What a phenomenal player. I wish you the best Isaiah. No matter what you do in life give it your best, and never be afraid to fail big. If you are not failing, you are not trying.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic