Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AT&T uverse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

AT&T uverse

Oct 3, 2014, 1:42 AM

Anybody else having bad signal and quality with uverse? Switched this past week and it has been the worst tv service I've ever had.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AT&T uverse

Oct 3, 2014, 2:06 AM

We have ATT Uverse and have had no problem with our signal. Call them and let them tuna diagnostic over the phone.

I've had Uverse for 3+ years. It's been the best service I

Oct 3, 2014, 8:19 AM

have had by far over any cable or sattelite provider.

In your neighborhood, there is usually a local hub where the fiber optic splits. From what I have read, thee is some adjustment at that box the technician needs to make to get dialed in.

The ONLY problem I have really had with Uverse is the upload speed for their internet. For the price, it should be faster. As far as download speed, it alwasy exceeds the speed I am paying for.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

It's DSL. Try switching from a fiber connection to

Oct 3, 2014, 10:00 AM

AT&T Uverse (it's the only thing offered except for a dish in my area). It's like torture.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

We "upgraded" from DSL to uverse for internet

Oct 3, 2014, 8:43 AM

Our internet goes out more frequently and is not one bit faster. Quite a ripoff. Took them 8 weeks to install it and they disconnected our DSL when we ordered it. It took me 41 documented phone calls to get DSL back while we waited for Uverse. Worst customer service I've ever experienced in my life. I finally got lucky and found one guy that was smart enough to reconnect my DSL.
I'm getting mad just thinking about that.

Re: We "upgraded" from DSL to uverse for internet

Oct 3, 2014, 8:47 AM

When I upgraded my DSL to Uverse Internet, I got confirmation that the DSL would be disconnected once the Uverse was installed. They thought I wouldn't notice when they were trying to bill me for both services. BBB helped take care of that real quick.

Welcome to sub-par HD video quality.***

Oct 3, 2014, 8:44 AM

Installed uverse July 2013...had some problems at first...

Oct 3, 2014, 8:58 AM

installed a new HDMI cable between the box and the tv...been perfect ever since...HD is really good, very sharp...no cable for me ever again

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AT&T uverse

Oct 3, 2014, 9:13 AM

Struggled with them for two months. Finally got them to send tech out. He found that the paired wires were weak. They sent another tech out to change the connections at their box and it has been fine since. Good luck!

The g/f switched over one month ago from cable

Oct 3, 2014, 9:21 AM

Overall, the product is a heck lot better than what Brighthouse Networks offers. The only "signal problem" that is obvious for customers in our area are CBS football broadcasts. All other CBS programming delivered by AT&T looks sharp but for some reason the sports broadcasts can sometimes look a little washed out here and there. It's clear the problem has to do with what CBS is delivering to AT&T as their sports feed but the question is why AT&T hasn't said anything to CBS about this. BHN did not have this problem from what I can tell.

As for "customer dis-service" I agree with others who say that it is terrible. They clearly are a big company where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Be very careful of what "they promise" versus what they deliver for the quoted price. I think there are some liar salesman working for AT&T that are making promises they can't deliver.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you find an honest salesman these days...

Oct 3, 2014, 9:25 AM

find me some hen's teeth for a necklace.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AT&T "customer service" is only there to sell you something

Oct 3, 2014, 12:03 PM

Helping you solve your problem is secondary

Just wait until your bill mysteriously goes up.***

Oct 3, 2014, 9:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

My bill never mysteriously went up

Oct 3, 2014, 1:11 PM

in fact, they sent me an email telling me my bill was going up the next month because the 1-year deal I got originally was expiring.

I looked into getting Uverse but read the Bad online reviews

Oct 3, 2014, 11:57 AM

first. Enough to scare me away.

I've had it for the past month

Oct 3, 2014, 12:04 PM

no problems at all with internet or TV

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

No video quality issues thus far, but lots of other problems

Oct 3, 2014, 12:30 PM

Signed up 2 weeks ago. Have had nothing but billing and customer service issue since. AT&T is as corrupt of an organization as there is.

Customers frequently have issues with billing and rewards card. Wait time on their toll free number are excessive; you're better off using their community forums to get a response or file a BBB complaint. The local AT&T retail stores are useless with Uverse issues.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic