Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
APM has a new hero: Dave emeffin' Chappelle.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 375

Aug 31, 2019, 7:52 AM

APM has always liked ol' Dave, but APM cain't lie, he didn't think the first couple of Netflix specials were very good.

But DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM. Dave is back. In his new special, Dave forevermore PREACHES about the PC bullchit culure we now live in. And it is awesome. And the PC crowd hates it. But whatever.

Dave starts with APM's dawg Anthony Bourdain, so of course that had APM hooked from da jump.

Then Dave goes off on the PC double-standard LGBTQ bullchit culture and has a joke in there that made APM want to give a standing O - and many in the crowd did so. It wasn't a joke so much as TRUTH. Ungh.

Then he tackles gun violence.

Is it LOL funny all the time? No. Is it the TRUTH people need to hear and only a man like Dave can speak in these times? Yes it is.

Thank you Dave. Much love dawg.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This just reminds me of

Aug 31, 2019, 8:59 AM

Mitch Hedberg for whatever reason. Loved watching his few shows that were ever recorded.

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to too."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Re: This just reminds me of

Aug 31, 2019, 1:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was always a huge fan of his.

Aug 31, 2019, 9:13 AM

But agree the last 2 specials he did were not that funny.

But the one that just came out is hilarious, he doesn’t give a F and touches on so many sensitive subjects. Worth watching for sure

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not a hero. He's just normal.

Aug 31, 2019, 9:46 AM

Best stand up comedy act I've seen in many many years.

And he has the numbers on his side.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Listened to it in the car this past week. It was solid.

Aug 31, 2019, 1:24 PM

The LGBTQ stuff was a little rehashed but rest was good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2019, 1:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a pretty negative review of a comedy special

Aug 31, 2019, 2:38 PM

I'd rather not watch a comedian try and preach to me when I watch a comedy special. It's fine to have themes and a message, but do it through being funny. That's what made Dave's TV show so great.

It is interesting how critical of the "PC crowd" you say Dave is in the special when he left his very popular TV show in part b/c of how the "non-PC crowd" was taking his humor.

Holy ####. That's all comedy is now

Aug 31, 2019, 3:10 PM

Bash on anything conservative non stop. It's been that way since Bush. It's not even funny, just hate

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Comedy" is a broad category.

Aug 31, 2019, 4:42 PM

I'd say political humor has always been anti-establisment so it tends to be liberal in nature. Comedy usually only works when it's someone "punching up" not down and from I've read that's what some are critiquing Dave for.

But comedy is subjective, and I haven't seen the special so you probably should disregard everything I'm talking about. ;)

Replies: 9
| visibility 375
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic