Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AMI admits to illegal campaign contribution to sway election
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 506

AMI admits to illegal campaign contribution to sway election

Dec 13, 2018, 10:26 AM

"According to the agreement, ###### met with Cohen “and at least one other member of the campaign” in August 2015. “At the meeting, ###### offered to help deal with negative stories about that presidential candidate’s relationships with women by, among other things, assisting the campaign in identifying such stories so they could be purchased and their publication avoided. .?.?. ###### agreed to keep Cohen apprised of any such negative stories.”

"Theodore Boutrous, a First Amendment attorney at Gibson Dunn who briefly represented McDougal, said the relationship between Trump’s associate and the tabloid publisher “was a shockingly creative plan meant to change the way American citizens voted. That is an important and serious violation of the law.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/publisher-of-the-national-enquirer-admits-to-hush-money-payments-made-on-trumps-behalf/2018/12/12/ebf24b76-fe49-11e8-83c0-b06139e540e5_story.html?utm_term=.a5d5910d1af0

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AMI admits to illegal campaign contribution to sway election

Dec 13, 2018, 10:39 AM

trumpite snowflakes aren't going to like this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh no, you mean the media influenced an election.

Dec 13, 2018, 11:11 AM

Lock it up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

reading that article made me think of something

Dec 13, 2018, 11:34 AM

why would Stormy Daniels come forward with an affair allegation 1 month before the election?

how long had she been sitting on this story?

is it possible that she was financially motivated?

maybe she answered this in her interview and i have forgotten.

Re: reading that article made me think of something

Dec 13, 2018, 12:07 PM

Actually she had already told her story to US Magazine back in 2011.

But, if the question is was she using the story as leverage during an election to get money, I believe the answer is yes.

But that motive doesn't make Trump's paying her to keep quiet any less of a felony.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

Dec 13, 2018, 12:12 PM

It’s kinda intereating because the playboy chick seems to have gotten burned by the system. Catch and kill per the article. Which may be unethical, but it appears not to be illegal. If you sell your rights and they don’t publish that’s too bad. I’d be curious how many other famous/wealthy people have similar arrangements.

Looks like stormy was coached better and told to shop around. Hence the reason Cohen had to pay rather than the magazine

Replies: 5
| visibility 506
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic