Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AGAIN..Our CLT ACCCG is 3rd fiddle to mighty SEC game in larger ATL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

AGAIN..Our CLT ACCCG is 3rd fiddle to mighty SEC game in larger ATL

Dec 1, 2018, 9:24 AM

which only helps that conference grow & grow & CROW!

Yes, Clemson has to play the opposite ACC counterpart in the ACCCG..

but last year in the CFP we (Clemson & Dabo) turned down the prestigious ROSE Bowl last year after “having the choice to chose bowl venue due to being #1 Seed”...

and thus let UGa snatcch it up & make personal & sec bowl history with their exciting multi OT win over OK.

More sec Crowing!

OK, Ok..Back to today’s crummy conference game and how it’s even a worse venue & opponent than last year (knowing our Team needs to get a good sweat up to improve b/4 playing a Bama or UGa team)...

Last year i went all out & spent $888 on 3 great tix for this little bowl so to watch us kill what was a hyped-up & terrible Miami team that wore cheap gold jewelry..

and so..no way was i attending this half-baked ACC Championship Game this year (saving for CFP game) & watching a 7-5 Pitt team try to fling mud on my Tigers!

Saying..really hope other ACC teams & Head Coaches can eventually get their act together and produce some super football teams that will make the ACC something to brag about across the board..

and not be all about 1-2 teams, like CLEMSON!

Go TiGERS..Keep ROCKing!

3,2,1..Rant!

PS: Nose i have bronchitis & on official meds while coughing up & blowing out colorful stuff that matches some teams jersies! Ha...

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AGAIN..Our CLT ACCCG is 3rd fiddle to mighty SEC game in larger ATL

Dec 1, 2018, 9:26 AM

Maybe these other acc teams get so good that they continually whip us. Then we can complain we can't make a cg. geez!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think you get to choose which bowl you go to

Dec 1, 2018, 9:30 AM

Pretty sure it's decided by the playoff committee

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think you get to choose which bowl you go to

Dec 1, 2018, 9:40 AM

Correct. Dabo chose the practice facility in New Orleans. Committee decided New Orleans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think you get to choose which bowl you go to

Dec 1, 2018, 10:03 AM

LBB brings up a good point about the playoffs and you talking about practice? PRACTICE! We trying to be national champions and you bringing up practice. Not a game... practice.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2018, 9:32 AM

The new ACC Network will force espn to push us as well. It’s all connected, hype is seen on tv by recruits.

Dec 1, 2018, 9:33 AM

Do you blame them??? The ACC has been nothing short than terrible this year. And Pitt isn't exactly an attention get'er of a team

Dec 1, 2018, 9:38 AM

Am I missing something here?

First off, Clemson has no control over who we play in the ACCCG, nor do we care. This game may be third fiddle to you, but it's #1 on my list.

Second, we have no control over what the rest of the country watches, the #1 v #4 has all the drama over all other games this weekend. I do know that Dabo has built our brand to be recognized coast to coast, and will continue to grow.

Third, Clemson did not "turn down" the Rose Bowl last year. The committee assigns the game locations for each of the 4 playoff participants.

Last, I would like to see the ACC get more competitive, but again, Clemson has no control over that.

I for one am enjoying our dominance, and am glad this ride has no end in sight.

Dec 1, 2018, 9:41 AM

Preach

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Charlotte is almost twice as large in population

Dec 1, 2018, 9:51 AM

as Atlanta. Are you referring to population or the stadiums, Bill?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Charlotte is almost twice as large in population

Dec 1, 2018, 10:28 AM

Dood - metropolitan population of Atlanta area is 5.6 million vs 1.25 million for Charlotte. Urban population of Charlotte is twice that of Atlanta but that includes uninhabitable areas like the airport. My drive time in both cities tells me 5.6 > 1.25.

Dec 1, 2018, 10:32 AM

Shh...you don't have to tell LBB.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 1, 2018, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Charlotte is almost twice as large in population ]

Dood - metropolitan population of Atlanta area is 5.6 million vs 1.25 million for Charlotte. Urban population of Charlotte is twice that of Atlanta but that includes uninhabitable areas like the airport. My drive time in both cities tells me 5.6 > 1.25.

Dec 1, 2018, 9:52 AM

Are you now bitchhing about Dabo, the ACC, or the price you paid for an ACC Championship ticket last year?

^

Dec 1, 2018, 9:59 AM

2 of 3 ain’t gonna get me a jail sentence, is it?!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As I recall College Gameday was in Charlotte

Dec 1, 2018, 9:58 AM

last year? Seems like ESPN put on a good show for that.

We can’t control that the Coastal was a total screwup this year. #### happens.

We are a premier team in this country right now and we do draw attention. The respect this year comes from fact that these analysts have zero doubt we win game. I’m years past the “upset alert” would have been out.

In terms of viewership, you have a repeat of NC game in Atlanta. Huge ratings game. Same came be said for Big12 and Big10 games just due to the #4 spot.

There is a bigger world out there.

2 years ago, the ACC was far better than all other conferences.

Dec 1, 2018, 10:21 AM

This year, the ACC isn't great. Last year and 3 years ago, the winner of the ACCCG was going to the CFP. UNC at #10, with 1 loss to start the year and a recent ACCCG win over Clemson would have jumped into the top 4. Same can be said for #7 Miami last year.

VT and Pitt are just playong for a NY6 bowl.

I'm happy as a banjo ringing to be in Clt to watch my Tigers play whoever shows up.

4 in a row tonight Bill, after not 1 in 20 years!

null

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic