Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC vs. SEC Rant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,412

ACC vs. SEC Rant

Nov 11, 2012, 3:16 PM

ACC = Academic Credentials Conference

SEC = Street Educated Criminals

Seriously, this is getting tiresome. I agree that the SEC has a handful of good teams, but they are NOT so good as they're made out to be. All season I've wanted to see Alabama try to come back from a fast-paced offense that jumped on them for an early lead, thinking that the Tigers could get them down and do the job. Yesterday, A&M proved it.

I understand why Saban wants to ban hurry-up offenses - his big guys can't hold up to the pace and if he can't control the pace and have an advantage from the outset, he knows he's in trouble.

How many teams are in the SEC that could day-in/day-out beat FSU and Clemson right now? You name them, because I can't.

The last couple of weeks have made me want to call the Paul Finebaum Show and turn on a laugh machine when he answers - and leave it on until he pulls the plug on me. Those folks are even more eaten up with themselves than the USuC attitude that prevailed before the recent success they've had...... trying to make others believe that if one or two teams in a conference are good, the entire conference is good - and if they have a bad year, it's because they have such a tough conference. What stupidity.

I don't hear rational people saying that around the ACC, but I don't think it would be said even if we had six strong teams. One way the SEC stooges get away with it is because they don't play outside of conference as much as teams from other conferences, so there aren't so many opportunities to expose them for what they are: Good, but not the unbeatable Goliaths they think they are.

My only wish was that somehow Clemson could have played them again late this year or next, while they were still unbeaten. I guess we'll have to settle for UGA next year and try to bury some of this trash.

AND - I don't know how many of you read today's Spurrier quote in The State, but he thought D.J. Swearinger's behavior yesterday wasn't so bad..... BECAUSE IT DIDN'T CHANGE THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME!!!!!!!!

*End of rant*

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC vs. SEC Rant

Nov 11, 2012, 3:21 PM

Bama
LSU
Florida
UGA
USuC
TAMU
MSU

Nov 11, 2012, 3:56 PM

I said day-in/day-out, as in every time:

Bama...... No way - maybe 60/40 Bama, but not if CU jumped them early

LSU....... Nope - only beat Auburn and USuC by 2, could only score 6 points in a loss to UF.

Florida... No way - Lost to UGA, only beat Mizzou and LaLaf by a TD, Bowling Green by only 2 TDs. They can't score enough points to beat us.

UGA....... No way - Blown out by USuC, nearly beaten by UK. I have to agree with Finebaum on Mark Richt - his teams are serial underachievers.

USuC...... No way - likely 60/40 Clemson. Their secondary is more suspect than ours.

TAMU...... Nope - beaten by UF and LSU, nearly beaten by LaTech. A good team, though - and improving.

MSU....... As usual, a good team that plays solid football, but never quite all the way there. Already beaten by Bama, LSU and A&M - could only put an 18 margin on Auburn.

Nov 11, 2012, 3:25 PM

I agree with you wholeheartedly, with all that said I feel like we (clem, FSU, gt) can say a lot on the field Nov. 24

Nov 11, 2012, 3:33 PM

yeah, i'm not holding my breath with Ga. tech but us and FSU should take of business.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,412
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic