Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC vs SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

ACC vs SEC

Jan 5, 2013, 10:24 AM

Everyone comments on how weak OOC schedules are. Why don't the schools use week 1 to play 1 vs 1 and so on. This would be similiar to what we do with bball and the B1G. Both conferences have 14 teams. I am surprised EsecPN has not tried to get this. Unless they fear the SEC will be exposed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC vs SEC

Jan 5, 2013, 10:26 AM

chick fila kickoff games featured two of these matchups this year. ncsu/ut and clemson/aubbie. clemson vs uga this year will be HUGE! VT/Bama big, too.

Jan 5, 2013, 12:03 PM

I suspect that if this was to be done, the most attractive matchups would be between the SEC and the Big 12.

Jan 5, 2013, 12:13 PM

I suspect if it was up to the SEC it would be done with the Southern Conference. In fact they already do it so it wouldn't be anything new.

Jan 5, 2013, 1:18 PM

I'm not so sure about that. After all, the SEC and the Big 12 are lined up against each other in the $80 million Sugar Bowl, starting in 2014. Regardless, since the SEC normally produces around half the Top 10 in recruiting annually and dominates the national rankings on the field, they have to schedule wisely for out-of-conference games.

and we see how the "rankings" have worked out for the sec-

Jan 5, 2013, 1:24 PM

they most be dis-interested in the entire bowl season! can you say over-rated! the pollsters have about as much knowledge of cfb as you or me, or anyone else (esp. the ap)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and we see how the "rankings" have worked out for the sec-

Jan 5, 2013, 4:07 PM

Boys, you guys let it get to you. The SEC has been regarded as the premier football league ever since I can remember. It used to be an argument...who is better: the SEC or the Big 10? But SEC domination over the Big 10 has ended that argument in favor of the SEC. In fact since the BCS started over a decade ago, the SEC has, by a wide margin, the best winning percentage in bowls among the SEC, B10, B12, PAC and ACC.

The OP talked about the SEC and ACC having a challenge. Again, if there's going to be any challenge for the SEC, it will come from the Big 12. The SEC and Big 12 have aligned themselves in a major bowl, just like the PAC and Big 10 have. The Big 12 is considered a much better football league than the ACC, thus making the Big 12 the more logical opponent for an arrangement that the OP suggested. That's how things have evolved.

And why do they dominate the national rankings on the field?

Jan 5, 2013, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC vs SEC ]

Because they play each other. That's about it. Outside of the occasional "Big" matchup, they don't go out of their way to play good competition.

LOL:

Jan 5, 2013, 12:11 PM

SEC would win about 10-4, 9-5 every year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fear they will be exposed?

Jan 5, 2013, 1:30 PM

Seriously? We won a good game against a good LSU team but let's not go overboard. SC plays us every year in a non conf game. FL plays FSU. GA plays Tech. Bama played Michigan. Auburn played us. LSU has stepped out of conf recently and played Oregon and WV. Georgia traveled to OK St a couple of yrs ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as long as eSECpn owns CFB...

Jan 5, 2013, 1:34 PM

which essentially they do, they get to decide who's the best. And since eSECpn has a huge contract with the SEC, of course its them. eSECpn's livelihood depends on SEC superiority. If we could make more money by sayin the product we own is the best, we would too

Jan 5, 2013, 1:50 PM

The LSU win was great and ESPN does go overboard with the SEC - however, they have been the best conference for the last 10yrs - including this year. Best in recruiting, 1st round NFL players, head-to-head records etc. etc.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic