Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC to go through FSU next year ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

ACC to go through FSU next year ?

Jan 16, 2017, 1:15 AM

Several reports have come out and stated that because of Francios has proven his durability, and with some offensive weapons that they will be the team, not Clemson to go through in the ACC for the Conference. I give FSU this, Francois has shown durability, but let's admit, when a Clemson pass rusher knocks his helmet off and He has to go to the tent, that can only go on for so long.
If OL is beefed up maybe a chance, and I'll give him the fact that He throw a deep ball, but still needs accuracy.

What's not being mentioned is that the only problem Clemson has really faced with FSU in the past 3 years is a Running back that ( admittedeteley ) thrashed through Clemson at Time's. Dabo calling him the best RB in the nation back in 2014. Is Francios the 2nd coming of Jameis Winston. Maybe in toughness, but not yet in leadership. Currently spending time in the medical tent and can't amp up the sidelines like Jameis could.

Also, what's not being stated is that their #1 pass rusher is going to the NFL, we know em' D. Ware.
They still have Sweat and others, but are young.

So that leads us to Clemson, which is returning a lot of sophomore, junior and some senior talent at Key defensive positions. O-Line is strong, proved against Alabama ( how many teams can say that?)
QB will be an easy but bitter sweet thing to replace. We know the legacy of DW4, but plenty of talent to get the job done in future years is right behind him, and is ready for the challenge. As far as back field, does Edmonds take a bigger role? Who's gonna be that star corner? Clemson has questions, but are often answered when season arrives with Venables on defense and Scott and Elliot on OC, so that would lead me to believe that the ACC really will
once again, go through Clemson.

That's my take

ATech

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC to go through FSU next year ?

Jan 16, 2017, 1:21 AM

It's going to go through either us or FSU. I can see FSU being the favorite right now just because we're an unknown at QB. DF is okay from what I've seen. Their O-line better improve though if they stand to have a chance.

It's funny that no one is really talking about UL after their late season crumbling. The book is out on LJ. We play them at UL this year though, so that could be interesting.

I honestly don't know what to think about next season. It's easy to say that we're going to be a team that rides our defense until we figure out what we are on offense. I'll reserve judgement until after Auburn comes to Death Valley.

Go Tigers!!!

Jan 16, 2017, 1:29 AM

Point taken about Defense, but really we all know this should be the year of Feaster to help carry the load for a young QB. Feaster should be ready in all honesty- if He's the next Spiller, and this will help balance the offensive game a young QB.

Jan 16, 2017, 1:45 AM

I can almost guarantee Feaster won't start. If there is anything Dabo has shown us it's that he's loyal to upperclassman almost to a fault ( ex. Starting Cole over DW. ). I'd guess that Fuller will start next year and Feaster will be a change of pace type back.

As far as the ACC, I think it runs through us. After all, we are the defending champs. FSU will be a test and I don't think they'll take a step back on offense because their backup to Cook is Jacques Patrick who is a Bo Scarborough type back. Not sure about their defense. It'll be a competitive game like it always is but if we can figure out a QB, I think we can come out on top.

Jan 16, 2017, 1:59 AM

JBrock, that is correct, Dabo does let upperclassmen get first shot. Just hoping for a " breakout" spring camp for Feaster. That is what this team will need while working through QB questions. Wther it be Fuller or Fester, they have big shoes to fill in place of Gallman ( for career ) either way,
The ACC which was original topic, no other conferences included, goes through Clemson. Too many things in our favor, still some questions at FSU.

Maybe, but FSU has to come through Death Valley to

Jan 16, 2017, 2:10 AM

make it so.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummm NO....

Jan 16, 2017, 2:23 AM

Let me reintroduce you to our defense
8 starters coming back
Front 4 Ferrell, Wilkins, Lawrence and Bryant (might be the best front 4 in college football)
LBs Joseph, O'Daniel and Lamar(2016 5star replacing boulware)
Secondary van smith and Ryan carter (adding 5 star AJ Terrell DB)

This will be the best defense in the ACC and Possibly in college football next year

Plus we have weapons coming back at Offense.
QB: Cooper, Bryant (adding 5 star hunter Johnson and chase Brice)
RB: CJ Fuller, Teavon Feaster, Adam choice
WR: Deon Cain, Ray Ray, Hunter Renfrew, trevion Thompson (adding 5 star Tee Higgins)
OL: Hyatt, Hearn, Crowder and Pollard

So why wouldn't we be the favorite.
I know Deshaun graduate and you can't just replace that guy, but team is returning a massive crop of Battle tested warriors. We have depth and we are bringing in the next crop of 4 and 5 star recruits. As far as I'm concerned for the foreseeable future, the ACC goes through Clemson every year.

Re: Ummm NO....

Jan 16, 2017, 2:28 AM

Thanks going into detail about my original point- Good post
Right on, ACC Goes though Clemson, reloaded- not re-built

Re: Ummm NO....

Jan 16, 2017, 5:57 AM [ in reply to Ummm NO.... ]

Forgot Adrian Baker coming back from ACL as well at CB.

The D will be fierce.

Jan 16, 2017, 5:48 AM

If you meant to say that DW4 would be an easy QB for Clemson to replace , I have a hard time seeing the logic .
I know we have recruited very well for the position but a player of his caliber is a significant loss . Will be interesting to watch the competition develop this spring .
Go Tigers !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 16, 2017, 11:31 PM

TigerDug23, no, I was never implying that Watson will be easily replaced. There is that place of uncertainty with me also even though we are ( without a doubt ) stacked with 5 star talent at QB- however young though.
Watson will never be replaced, I'm all in for retiring His Jersey. He has my tribute.

Truth is, as I mentioned, This will have to be a year of true running back compliment, Feaster needs to show us those Spiller characteristics, while Fuller probably get's the first initial call, but I'm as ready for Feaster to break out as everyone else. I think Feaster beats Choice out, if He plays to #28 potential. Gallman was a great blocker for Watson. Did Feaster learn that or in process by Spring? Hitting that " next gear". We'll all be waiting to see his talent to add to the offense.

Simply saying that, our defense as other posters' have mentioned will be an anchor, but our offense though young, has to come together has a team " unit " before we see what the new players will all look like together. Scott and Elliot- best hands to be in for getting back to the ACC Title Game for OC. FSU has some star power, but so does Clemson. Either way, ACC Still goes through the reigning champs in 2017.

Good - The psyche of this program seems to need

Jan 16, 2017, 7:13 AM

that underdog label. I hope all the team hears between now and next September is how they can't do it again. I want as big a chip as possible on that shoulder. Expecting to win when others doubt you is our modus operandi and I hope the pundits feed that through out this off season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I agree******

Jan 16, 2017, 8:59 AM

Clemson will win the ACC again next season.***

Jan 16, 2017, 7:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2017, 8:53 AM

CLEMSON IS THE TOP UNTIL WE ARE BEATEN OR NOT THE ACC CHAMPS! We reload with better players! Looking to next DW. We have 5 QBs that could be start for any team!

Defense the best in the CFL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

do not underestimate francois as a QB - he is a good qb &

Jan 16, 2017, 9:01 AM

tough. they will have playmakers.

It's nice though that this is an early game

and I LIKE it that we will be an underdog

null

how do you know it's an early game?

Jan 16, 2017, 11:45 AM

Did I miss ACC schedule post?

Jan 16, 2017, 9:32 AM

Well a lot of the media will still look at us as a one trick pony that just lost our horse (Watson).
I imagine they expect us to not fall off the map but maybe land in that 9-4 to 11-2 type range and they see FSU with a gutsy maturing QB.

I like that we get FSU at home but we have UL and VT on the road next year. Looking at that and a ton of talented but unproven players on offense, FSU looks like a safer pick.

I love it when they underestimate us.***

Jan 16, 2017, 9:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I don't feel offended by that notion.

Jan 16, 2017, 11:24 AM

They will be good. We will be good. I would also throw out the Louisville game will be another battle.

If it goes through FSU, then FSU has to go through

Jan 17, 2017, 5:31 AM

Death Valley.

Schedule will work in our favor with the 'Noles.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic