Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball - Fouls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,123

Basketball - Fouls

Mar 14, 2019, 10:31 AM

Obviously a lot of talk is about that last call (which was total BS)

But what is not talked about is the fact that those "touch" fouls were not called on state the entire game. They certainly called them on Clemson all game.

The biggest difference maker is that our most important player was in foul trouble all game and only 2 of his 5 fouls were actually fouls.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball - Fouls

Mar 14, 2019, 10:36 AM

Still can’t blow an 18 point 2nd half lead and at this point you have to expect you’re going to get railroaded by the refs. Brownell also does absolutely nothing about it so they just keep doing it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2019, 10:53 AM

One thing that Clemson lacks, and hasn’t had for a while, is a player who can take over games as yesterday’s game was, and win it, State had that kind of player in Johnson who they relied on to win the game for them. And he did. I guess you call that leadership. When was the last time the Tigers had a guy who could win close games going down the stretch? I guess it’s all about recruiting and player development.

Thomas only playing 18 minutes yesterday was the real reason Clemson lost this game. While he was out State scored a number of baskets in the low post. That’s how they cut into the 18 point lead so quickly. If you are coaching the opposing team it’s very obvious how to beat Clemson. Get Thomas out of the game. Other teams lean on Thomas and force him to go to his left to make key baskets in the paint. When he does this, he has a tendency to “push off.” State did a good job of flopping on these very controversial plays and got Thomas in foul trouble quickly. I’ve seen this all year. I wonder if the coaches call this to the attention of the refs? I suspect not.

Do you guys agree with this assessment? Don’t you think that Thomas gets credited with fouls that the opponent forces the officials to call?

ACC refs have always had a quick whistle aganist our big men

Mar 14, 2019, 11:47 AM

and it was obvious again this year. I think we could actually do quite well in the tourney because we might be able to play without all the ticky tack #### being called against us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC refs have always had a quick whistle aganist our big men

Mar 14, 2019, 11:54 AM

You are right RC. I made this point yesterday. The Tigers do well in the tournament because the officials calling these games don’t know that Clemson is terrible and officiate the games properly! Amazing how much difference there is in games where five are playing five.

Mar 14, 2019, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Basketball - Fouls ]

This thread is talking about the refs.

Yes we did blow an 18 point lead and most of that is on us. However, the refs were incredibly one sided the WHOLE game. And that is what this thread is about.

Just because I didn’t mention us blowing a huge lead doesn’t mean that I’m not acknowledging it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,123
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic