Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC looks like hot garbage this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

ACC looks like hot garbage this year

Sep 10, 2017, 10:48 AM

Deondre Francois going down pretty much puts a fork in FSU. They have no backup.

Louisville has a PlayStation offense...and it's looking like, no defense. Truly woeful teams in Purdue and UNC - good God, they're bad this year - moved the ball effectively on them in both games and both scored 28.

VT has a decent win over a West Virginia team that came into the season ranked, but they looked pretty bad against the lowly Delaware Blue Hens yesterday, winning just 27-0. They're missing a whole lot of pieces from last year's Coastal Champ squad and it's shown thus far. A lot.

Duke and Wake are both 2-0. Miami is 1-0 and will next play in, like, a month because of Irma so who knows, but it's extremely doubtful they're "back". Superpowers do not give up 350 yards of offense, 20 first downs, and 13 points to FCS-level Bethune-Cookman in a bodybag game.

As for the rest, it's grim.

*UNC is 0-2 and looks terrible. No QB. No RB's. No WR's. No defense. Woof.

*NC State managed to lose to South Carolina and then struggled against Marshall.

*Syracuse lost 30-23 to Middle Tennessee State. At home. (Despite that super-hot dome and those super-loud fans.) ;)

*Boston College got pimp-slapped 34-10 by Wake Forest yesterday. At home. Enuff said.

*Pitt got prison-snuggled by their archrivals Penn State 33-14 yesterday. James Franklin - Penn State's talky tool of a coach - then compared the game to "beating Akron".

*Virginia gimped to a 28-10 win over William & Mary in the opener and then got smacked around 34-17 by Indiana yesterday. Yes, at home.

*Georgia Tech somehow managed to lose to the Champions of Life, the Volunteers, despite running for - get this! - 535 yards of offense - because, well, Paul Johnson. They won an ersatz 37-10 affair over Jacksonville State yesterday, somehow putting up fewer points against the Gamecock Juniors than they did against the Vols, probably because J-State was better-coached.

Bottom line is that the ACC was a murderer's row last year. It looks like it's dropped right off a cliff this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Early we'll see how everything shakes out

Sep 10, 2017, 10:56 AM

I think right acc looks bout the same as BIG SEC PAC12

Re: Early we'll see how everything shakes out

Sep 10, 2017, 10:57 AM

I'll wait and see how the season pans out before I push the ACC off the cliff. UNC, VT, Miami, Clemson, GT are all breaking in new quarterbacks and new offensive skills players.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

outside of top 2-3 in each conference, they all suck.***

Sep 10, 2017, 11:08 AM

Re: outside of top 2-3 in each conference, they all suck.***

Sep 10, 2017, 11:14 AM

I think Louisville looks pretty good even while playing a bad North Carolina team, especially on defense. Wake and Boston college certainly weak again and the coastal looks stronger overall. Ga tech had to turn around and play a few days later and after an emotional loss. Va tech and Miami probably will be strong too.

Re: outside of top 2-3 in each conference, they all suck.***

Sep 10, 2017, 11:15 AM

Meant to say Virginia looking weak.

yep, in the SEC you have three teams that might be pretty good

Sep 10, 2017, 11:36 AM [ in reply to outside of top 2-3 in each conference, they all suck.*** ]

Alabama Auburn and LSU , and somehow the chickens avoid playing all three . I think the jury is still out on Georgia , and the rest of the teams are average or sorry

Re: ACC looks like hot garbage this year

Sep 10, 2017, 11:27 AM

Given the initial returns I would say yes but there is a long way to go. The bottom half of the league is atrocious but NC State and GT handed those games over to SC and UT last week. Still early and we have a long way to go but this conference is not what it was last year for sure. Right now we look solid and that's what I care about. I do like the conference to do well not because I'm an ACC homer but it does help the perception of our team. Honestly though I think we took care if that ourselves last night. If we take care of business we can get back to the playoffs no matter what the rest of the conference does.

Message was edited by: CootSmackdown16

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC looks like hot garbage this year

Sep 10, 2017, 11:37 AM

UL has been looking forward to this game for a whole year. I think Jackson will play with an attitude because of the choke put on him last year. I do think they are weaker on D so if the offense plays well we will win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic