Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC in 2014
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,138

ACC in 2014

Dec 29, 2013, 10:46 AM

If the first 5 bowl games are any indication, the ACC will be much more competitive next year.

Pitt beat BG, the MAC Champ.

Maryland lost and will be a good fit in the big 10.

Syracuse beat Minn - one of the better big 10 teams.

NC destroyed Cincy.

Louisville destroyed Miami, but that was also a win of sorts for the ACC. Miami will be better next year and if Bridgewater comes back, he will be a Heisman front runner and Louisville will be a contender in the ACC.

The last 6 ACC bowl games include 4 against the SEC, and all 4 are winnable including GT/Miss and Duke/A&M. If Clemson and FSU win the big ones, the ACC will have some new found, well earned respect in cfb.

Good luck, Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Contrary to a few opinions, I hope FSU stomps Auburn

Dec 29, 2013, 10:54 AM

into mud, thereby shaking loose whatever golden horseshoes have been stuck up the War Eagles' behinds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree!***

Dec 29, 2013, 11:55 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU should stomp Auburn but if they have 6 turnovers

Dec 29, 2013, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Contrary to a few opinions, I hope FSU stomps Auburn ]

FSU will lose in a big way.

Could not agree more. Go FSU!!!!***

Dec 29, 2013, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Contrary to a few opinions, I hope FSU stomps Auburn ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duke has the least chance of all matchups. They simply

Dec 29, 2013, 11:03 AM

cannot outscore TAMU and I don't think they'll be able to hold that scoring machine back enough.

GT has the best shot to beat Ole Miss in the remaining games.

VT isn't good enough to beat UCLA, even though they have a good enough defense for UCLA style offense. But somehow they may pull it out like they have other games this season. Don't look for Logan Thomas to be anything but average at best. He may even play worse that Morris did for Miami last night.

As far as 2014 is concerned, Louisville will be rebuilding after Bridgewater (I think he's done) and their recruiting classes aren't spectacular. So they may not be so strong. Duke may improve. Miami HAS to get better, good grief. VT may be a bust again, although they may find they have a real QB in Bucky Hodges or someone else.

Message was edited by: NortherTiger®

Miami was not the .....

Dec 29, 2013, 12:59 PM

ever the same after the FSU blowout ...neither psychologically ,nor physically ( also lost their star rb for the season in the fsu game ) but their recruiting is picking up and remaining constant...I would not count them out anytime soon ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to believe Duke Johnson was their total

Dec 29, 2013, 1:58 PM

offense or caused their defense to cave. But it appears he was in fact at least their total offense.

Given their recruiting since 2011 they should be better. But that same recruiting continues. So I agree there is no reason to count them out. But something other than talent is the problem right now, and Golden really needs to fix it. We'll see.

2014 will be a better year for the ACC

Dec 29, 2013, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Duke has the least chance of all matchups. They simply ]

But no, the league won't make the jump to SEC level either.

I don't think we're going to be any better off at QB though. The QB will be rising SR Mark Leal, and IMO he will be a stop gap more than anything. After that, Hodges strikes me more of another Logan Thomas. But we are bringing in two four star QBs in this incoming class.

As for Louisville, I think they will be competitive with or without Bridgewater. He is a very good QB but the team has other talent.

Miami doesn't have to be better. I don't think they're going to get better under Golden (who IMO is VERY overrated as a HC).

I think in the Atlantic, I think FSU is going to win the division again and win the ACC overall. But this time representing the Coastal, will be Virginia Tech... not by being great... but by being the best of a weak division.

If you've

Dec 29, 2013, 12:22 PM

seen atm's d you know Duke has a chance. A healthy manziel would give them the edge though.

Re: ACC in 2014

Dec 29, 2013, 12:46 PM

On the Syracuse site a readers said that he expects them to go 10-2 with the losses being to FSU and Louisville!! Apparently he doesn't know that they're coming to DV for a major whipping! Go Tigers

We say this every year***

Dec 29, 2013, 12:57 PM

putting aside sour grapes & just plain hatred for the teams

Dec 29, 2013, 1:47 PM

that beat us, especially in our conference...
it would be childish & illogical for us to NOT want FSU to win, just because the beat us.
i know they stomped us & it hurts recruiting if they're a better team & kids may choose them over us & all...i'm not one to toot the conference horn so much, such as USuCkers, but having a strong, quality, nationally competitive conference WILL HELP US ALL.

BUT, we need any & every ACC team to beat those SEC teams & start to help kick that god-complex that the pollsters & talking heads at ESecPN have placed upon their conference!
which in turn would help even the recruiting playing field for all of us in the ACC.

now i have to disagree with the great Danny Ford, that both major programs need to win their bowls in the state of SC to give us statewide prominence...DAYUM the LAMECLUCKS to H3LL!!!! & revel in them losing at all costs, whether they beat us or not! i hate them with a passion & wish them nothing but the worst in everything they do...for ever & ever...AMEN!!!

them losing to anybody & especially us, at least gives us an upper hand with trying to fight over the same recruits (the ones that're academically eligible to get in Clemson that is).

Go tigers!

The SEC is so beat up from their schedule though.

Dec 29, 2013, 3:34 PM

Also, if they aren't in the MNC they don't play their best. They're all nervous about their cousin getting eff'd outside the family.

Isn't there a FSU board for this person to spread the ACC

Dec 29, 2013, 7:53 PM

love at? I'm not understanding the Nole presence here. We have played you guys.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,138
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic