Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots plan Huge Shindig Honoring 1969 ACC Champs next year..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Coots plan Huge Shindig Honoring 1969 ACC Champs next year..

Jul 26, 2018, 1:38 AM

Oh I can see it now.... Highlight Videos before kickoff & at the half of the journey to the 1969 ACC Title. A Parade & Reunion for the Championship Teams surviving Players & Coaches on Homecoming! During which they'll be Honored on the Field at Halftime. Banners of the Team hung at every gate, entrance & concession stand at the Roach! 69' Conference Champs painted on both of the 35 yard lines. Depictions on season tickets, pocket schedules, gameday programs & souvenir Cups to be kept and passed down as keepsake items! Etc. Etc. Etc.

Get ready for it my Friends because this is all the Championship history Gamecock nation has and they are probably gonna go all out celebrating it!!!

Ps
It must really really really suuck being a Gamecock!!! Generation after Generation, "from the Cradle to the Casket" Coots have been Losers. What a miserable existence it must be to never have a glimmer of hope or an occasional bright spot!

Go Tigers, Keep Pounding & GOD Bless Clemson!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots plan Huge Shindig Honoring 1969 ACC Champs next year..

Jul 26, 2018, 1:47 AM

Just think about it folks. The Coots have only won one Conference Championship and next year it will have been 50 years since they accomplished that. Let that sink in.

Jul 26, 2018, 3:30 AM

Ah, 1969. When coots went 7-4. How many other teams in the ACC were above 0.500 that year?

Zero.

My, what mighty champions they were. Everyone else had to suck balls for them to get their only league championship. Ever. How likely is that to ever happen again? That’s definitely worth a coot-a-bration.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 26, 2018, 7:37 AM

Wow no one else even over .500 pathetic....

Yep...kind of what the coots had last year in the SEC East..

Jul 26, 2018, 7:51 AM

1969 ACC football standings
vte Conf Overall
Team W L T W L T
South Carolina $ 6 – 0 – 0 7 – 4 – 0
NC State 3 – 2 – 1 3 – 6 – 1
North Carolina 3 – 3 – 0 5 – 5 – 0
Clemson 3 – 3 – 0 4 – 6 – 0
Duke 3 – 3 – 1 3 – 6 – 1
Maryland 3 – 3 – 0 3 – 7 – 0
Wake Forest 2 – 5 – 0 3 – 7 – 0
Virginia 1 – 5 – 0 3 – 7 – 0
$ – Conference champion
Rankings from AP Poll[1]

ACC had stricter standards then, lots of guys couldn’t play

Jul 26, 2018, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Coots plan Huge Shindig Honoring 1969 ACC Champs next year.. ]

and went elsewhere and the ACC was very bad for the 60s. Joe Namath is a famous one, wanted to go to Maryland but didn’t qualify for ACC and Clairborne got him in contact with Bear. I think two Clemson players sued to force the conference to adopt the NCAA standards. Ironically, I think the ineligible players that caused the cooters to forfeit a whole season met the NCAA standards. The most egregious case on the basketball team didn’t, but my reading of it is he had a learning disability that wasn’t understood widely.

Jul 26, 2018, 5:27 AM

They are going to offer free admission to anyone alive and enrolled at USC back in 1969.

It shouldn't cost them much to do this at all.

I just spewed my coffee***

Jul 26, 2018, 11:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2018, 11:21 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFHs7AyBA20

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2018, 11:44 AM

The ACC should have stripped that one highlight from them when McGuire took the school out of the conference! I wonder if Tanner will invite Swoffie to represent the current ACC to attend in an SEC stadium? Even the OBC couldn't believe USCe had so little of a legacy so he needed something to show "achievement" to recruits because otherwise their football trophy case is empty!!

Clemson needs to wear the number of ACC Championships and the phrase "ACC Champions" on their uniforms next season when we claim another victory at WBS! Tommy Suggs will certainly enjoy reliving his team's one shining moment, but Clemson has so much more to celebrate!

Go Tigers!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic