Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you wishing for a jump to the Big 12...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

For those of you wishing for a jump to the Big 12...

Apr 22, 2013, 1:34 PM

Bad news coming out today... All 15 ACC schools have apparently agreed to a TV Grant of Rights.

(For the record, I am NOT one of those people. Hopefully this is true, and could be a great sign for the ACC's survival.)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC football is FSU, Clemson, VT

Apr 22, 2013, 1:36 PM

These are the only three schools that are football powers. The rest are bad...just bad. Time to go to a real conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot***

Apr 22, 2013, 1:37 PM

I'd say Miami and possibly GT deserve to be on that list.

Apr 22, 2013, 2:06 PM [ in reply to ACC football is FSU, Clemson, VT ]

After all both have won a NC since us. UNC, NC State, Virginia, Syracuse and Pitt all have the potential to be good programs

I forgot Louisville... the future is bright for ACC football***

Apr 22, 2013, 2:07 PM

As far as national "brand" appeal goes...

Apr 22, 2013, 2:11 PM [ in reply to I'd say Miami and possibly GT deserve to be on that list. ]

I think FSU & Miami are 1 & 2, probably in that order. Miami will be back, not a question of it, but when. The ACC has a lot of potential.

GT is a total mess right now

Apr 22, 2013, 2:28 PM [ in reply to I'd say Miami and possibly GT deserve to be on that list. ]

Paul's offense and results have not energized that fanbase at all...they might sell 25k season tickets for this coming year. Everyone knows that brand but they aren't scaring anyone across the southeast with their ability to recruit/win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could be horrible news for Clemson

Apr 22, 2013, 1:37 PM

especially if ACC gets tired of waiting on ND and adds Rutgers or someone like that--our TV money will be like a drop in the bucket to the SEC ocean.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link...

Apr 22, 2013, 1:42 PM

http://www.accsports.com/blogs/jim-young/2013042215276/acc-to-announce-grant-of-media-rights-agreement.php

What "real" conference is a legitimate option for us?

SEC? Not happening. Probably ever. Doesn't make financial sense for them.

Big 12? No thanks. Would prefer to not be in a conference where every other school is a thousand miles away and it's Texas and everyone else.

ACC isn't perfect, but without an SEC invite coming, it's the best place for Clemson.

still no reason to move forward with a GOR...if you're one

Apr 22, 2013, 1:47 PM

of the schools who are generating the $'s you are in a position of strength and don't need a legal agreement in order to improve your position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: still no reason to move forward with a GOR...if you're one

Apr 22, 2013, 1:53 PM

Fair point.

From my perspective, though, the Big 12 is not a good option and it is the most realistic, which worries me. I think Maryland is going to come to regret their decision and I think Clemson would come to regret a jump to the Big 12. I think we value the fact that we're a founding member of the ACC and we play schools that are close to us. Yeah, I know money matters, but it's not everything. Had FSU decided to leave for the Big 12, I don't think we would have had much choice but to follow. I'm glad it (hopefully) isn't going to come to that.

agree...the Big 12 imho was simply about leverage***

Apr 22, 2013, 1:54 PM

Re: agree...the Big 12 imho was simply about leverage***

Apr 22, 2013, 1:58 PM

You're right. I guess my concern lies with FSU. If the news coming out today is true, I will be surprised they got on board with this deal. Thought for sure they'd prefer to wait for the ruling in the Maryland case.

FSU is the only concern....no one is concerned about

Apr 22, 2013, 2:01 PM

the basketball schools moving on.

Agree***

Apr 22, 2013, 2:03 PM

Hmmm.....interesting.

Apr 22, 2013, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Link... ]

Pros and cons for sure, but oh well.

Re: Could be horrible news for Clemson

Apr 22, 2013, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Could be horrible news for Clemson ]

Lol why. We are not and never was leaving the acc. Guess you haters gonna have to find something else to wring you hands about this summer

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why it's bad news has nothing to do with the fact

Apr 22, 2013, 2:41 PM

that we were probably never going to leave....as one of the top two revenue producers for the conference we don't need an agreement in place to help our position. It does nothing to help Clemson. We are going to generate $'s whether we are tied to the ACC or another conference. The fans care about winning and as a result the revenue is there. The agreement essentially takes away any leverage of the threat of leaving from the football schools on the basketball schools. Now the basketball schools feel great...they've got their revenue generators locked in.

I love Clemson. It's just the

Apr 22, 2013, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Could be horrible news for Clemson ]

ACC (as it is now) that I hate. Got it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

awful news to those generating the vast majority of the

Apr 22, 2013, 1:44 PM

revenue..ie...the football schools. Great news for the Wake, Duke, BC, etc.

Whatever, Norman is too long of a drive anyway***

Apr 22, 2013, 1:48 PM

Yeah, that drive to Boston is awesome.***

Apr 22, 2013, 1:49 PM

that drive to Cuse is right around the corner....***

Apr 22, 2013, 1:50 PM

Boston is a great football trip... ever been to Norman?***

Apr 22, 2013, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Yeah, that drive to Boston is awesome.*** ]

No but I love the American West -- so the wild open spaces

Apr 22, 2013, 3:11 PM

under the big open skies would be great!

Boston is a greater trip than Norman if it's a choice in the

Apr 22, 2013, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Boston is a great football trip... ever been to Norman?*** ]

summer but if I'm picking where I'd rather watch a football game it's not close.....80k+ screaming fans or a 1/2 empty stadium that holds 45k.....

I've been to Norman twice...

Apr 22, 2013, 3:24 PM

Nothing to write home about. 80k+, yes, but it's a quiet 80k for sure. Tailgating stinks... But stil a better college football environment than B.C. Weekend trip, I'll take B.C., Gameday I'll take Norman any day.

most high school games across the state of GA have a

Apr 22, 2013, 3:32 PM

better gameday atmosphere than BC...but Boston is a great trip...especially if you can get a game in at Fenway...the history is incredible. Opened 2 days after the Titanic went down. The history in the city is everywhere....sorry.....history geek coming out.

Re: For those of you wishing for a jump to the Big 12...

Apr 22, 2013, 1:53 PM

I bet those West Virginia fans are in full meltdown mode. They were 100% convinced the acc was in its last season

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh no! It's terrible! First World People Problems.***

Apr 22, 2013, 3:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic