Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Race-obviously if we sweep and UNC loses 1 then we'll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 886

ACC Race-obviously if we sweep and UNC loses 1 then we'll

May 17, 2018, 5:52 PM

be the overall #1 seed in the ACC tourney. I'm not sure if we own any tiebreaker over UNC. The closest possibility I see is if we both win 2 or both win 3 this w/e would be for the following to happen:

Louisville sweep ND
FSU sweep NCSU

That puts Louisville and NCSU tied at 18-12. If they use our combined record against those 2 then UNC still has advantage 4-2 vs. our 2-4. However, if they pass over the UNC/CU tie on first pass since there is no H2H TB and proceed to break the rest of the league ties(UL beat NCSU head to head) then we would have the tiebreaker with a 2-1 record over UL vs the heels being 1-2.

I think they resolve ties top down and don't move on until that one is resolved which would rely combined record. I think we're screwed unless we just end up with a better overall record than the Heels.

Duke is a non-factor for us as a TB since we didn't play them so they'd be skipped regardless. Of course, Duke could win outright with a sweep and the Tigers and Heels dropping 2 each.

I'm sure NCSU has some shot with CU and UNC stumbling also but they also need Duke to falter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Race-obviously if we sweep and UNC loses 1 then we'll

May 17, 2018, 6:48 PM

Jiminy Cricket

I really don't care.

The ACC baseball "tournament" is a goober format. Ain't gonna follow, just don't care. We're in the real tournament, and maybe what happens in the ACC decides what and where........but that's just a crap shoot. I'll care after the conference "tournament."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 886
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic