»
Topic: ACC Network early thoughts:
Replies: 7   Last Post: Aug 31, 2019 10:19 AM by: Tigerlife2005
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

ACC Network early thoughts:

[1]
Posted: Aug 31, 2019 8:33 AM

I've watched a little bit of the talking heads on that network.

I think Mark Richt needs to be trained a little more for TV. He doesn't look or sound comfortable.
He talks over the other guys. He often talks overly technical, using jargon that viewers might not understands. The guys he's with seem more self-assured on set. I like EJ Manuel the most, and then the Clemson OL (can't remember his name). This isn't to say that Richt won't eventually get there. But so far, he seems to be the weak link in that group.

Anyway, they will need to make some tweaks to get it where they need to go. The SEC Network is actually a good production, even though they are marketing the Great Satan league. The ACC Network will improve over time. And they're not bad. It's been a good start.

Re: ACC Network early thoughts:

[2]
Posted: Aug 31, 2019 8:35 AM

You are being far too kind to Richt. He is boring and often seems like he is about to doze off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: Aug 31, 2019 8:42 AM

He’s laid back but he’ll be ok after some time in the film room!!

2019 white level member

“Let’s make the others want to be like us” Dabo Swinney!!
We’ll make it 4 fingers and two thumbs over the U of s_c.???????
This team is ready to grow, get better & peak the 1st week of January 2020!!
We will win our 4th National Championship at 15-0 making it 3 Championships over the last 4 years!

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 9:25 AM

That's his usual personality. He always talks like he's about to fall asleep.

He does need to improve. When Tech/UGA game comes later this year, he'd better not go pro-dawg on the ACCN.

Please Allow Me To Repeat Myself

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 8:53 AM

I have no interest in the opinion of Mark Richt.

Re: Please Allow Me To Repeat Myself

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 9:25 AM

I have no respect for the ACCN. They had three years to get their affiliations set up, and still can't be seen by at least a large plurality, if not a majority, of the cable customers in the country. Great work, guys! Bright side is that our radio announcers are better than your typical TV announcers and I enjoyed going old school and listening to the game via AM station.

2019 white level member

Re: Please Allow Me To Repeat Myself

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 10:19 AM

Why didn’t you watch it? Even if your cable provider didn’t carry the ACC network, there were still other ways to get the game.

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 10:05 AM

I stand to be corrected but from what I have read re: the Dish Network/ACCN deal is that is was a handshake deal to carry the "first week" of the ACCN, not an ongoing deal unless something changes. It really irked me that I got hooked up with YouTubeTV, was watching the game and learned early in the 1st Qtr. that the "handshake deal" had been done and the game was on Dish 402. The parties involved need to get this matter resolved one way or the other. Additionally, Spectrum needs to get off their duffs and give their representatives good information so as to help their customers. They seemed to be all over the board either telling customers they should have ACCN (but they did not) to telling them they had to upgrade to get ACCN. It's been a mess to say the least.

2019 purple level member

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Wake Forest
FOR SALE: 2 seats with parking. $140

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
761 people have read this post