Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not that it matters, but there is zero chance an ACC Network happens with ESPN.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Not that it matters, but there is zero chance an ACC Network happens with ESPN.

Apr 26, 2017, 11:29 AM

Everyone is in jeopardy including the SEC Network.

ESPN overpaid for broadcasting rights.

The future with ESPN is uncertain at best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Hey TigerWoods got a ?

Apr 26, 2017, 11:52 AM

What's our chances with Patrick Surtain, Jr.?

Slim

Apr 26, 2017, 12:12 PM

But not dead.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Think Florida state? Unless xt's recruiting pulls through of course.***

Apr 26, 2017, 12:18 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU feels really good about him***

Apr 29, 2017, 12:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Slim

Apr 26, 2017, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Slim ]

So you're telling me there's a chance! LOL thanks man...I figure he ends up at LSU but I never count out our coaches!

Re: Not that it matters, but there is zero chance an ACC Network happens with ESPN.

Apr 26, 2017, 12:02 PM

Linear networks don't matter to me as a consumer. Streaming is just as easy as flipping a channel now.

ESPN's only hope is that they can charge those of us who love sports more than $7 per month and that will make up for all the grandmas who will no longer be forced to pay them $7 a month. I think they can do it, but they need to move quickly to change their model.

Re: Not that it matters, but there is zero chance an ACC Network happens with ESPN.

Apr 26, 2017, 12:07 PM

Exactly! Make watchespn like Netflix. $10 a month for everything will get some of their customers back who don't want all the other cable channels

This is literally all they have to do. This is their answer

Apr 26, 2017, 12:12 PM

and its right in front of them...

What is taking so long?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is literally all they have to do. This is their answer

Apr 26, 2017, 12:17 PM

They just aren't smart enough or don't care that much. I would do that in a second if they offered it

Just a guess...but it's probably because of contracts

Apr 26, 2017, 1:00 PM [ in reply to This is literally all they have to do. This is their answer ]

with major cable providers. ESPN is one of the few networks keeping cable providers in business. I know plenty of people who have cable or DirecTV just to have access to sports.

What I don't get, is why we still do not have a cable provider who will give you a menu of channels/networks and you build your own cable package. You want to beat the cord cutters? That's how you do it while avoiding charging people $100 or more for 800 channels when they only watch 10-20 of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Just a guess...but it's probably because of contracts

Apr 29, 2017, 7:22 AM

I am about to contact Spectrum to discuss this very concept. It is long overdue.

Apr 26, 2017, 12:21 PM

there was no chance anyway unless it inculded something for Swoff's kid

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC Network a GO

Apr 28, 2017, 11:18 PM

ESPN is having some struggles, but the ACC Network is a go.

http://allsportsdiscussion.com/2017/04/28/will-the-espn-layoffs-affect-the-upcoming-acc-network/

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Network a GO

Apr 28, 2017, 11:25 PM

Quite frankly unless their production improves A LOT more than what the ACC has done so far, I will be unhappy. Don't know about yall, but the spring game was horrible, and the one game I had to do on watchespn last season was horrible as well. Fuzzy picture, bad sound. Have seen better production for D2 games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2017, 11:29 PM

Just about all the ACC schools are making upgrades.

Louisville is spending $8 Million on production improvements.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2017, 5:30 AM [ in reply to Re: ACC Network a GO ]

LOL spring game was horrible? Then quit watching the coot game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2017, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: ACC Network a GO ]

Think about what it used to be like for a moment. No college baseball on TV except maybe a few games a year and the CWS. No Spring Game on TV. Only a handful of football games on TV. I love it that ESPN and the schools have this platform to give us access to view virtually everything Clemson. And if it looks fuzzy to stream, I recommend you either upgrade your internet or your device because my picture is crystal clear streaming WatchESPN from my Roku.

Apr 29, 2017, 11:00 AM

Yep, the picture on my ESPN Watch app is beautiful as well. The ACCN is 100% happening, and it's going to be glorious. We are going to get so much exposure and a bump in pay.

ESPN will also be fine. People who are cutting the cord and replacing it with Sling or whatever else are still paying for ESPN. They also just invested heavily in the streaming technology that made MLB TV the gold standard in streaming technology. So as more people cut the cord and replace it with streaming options, ESPN will once again be light years ahead of the competition.

Thanks for the post. Good read!

Apr 28, 2017, 11:30 PM [ in reply to ACC Network a GO ]

your advice and do something with it? NOBODY on this board can help regardless of how many times it is posted. Some posters always gripe about the teams NEVER any PRAISE. That's the problem.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC Network will happen

Apr 29, 2017, 10:59 AM

ESPN overpaid for NFL,MLB and NBA,thought they'd always get that money from subscribers that were forced to pay for a station that they never watched. Besides cord cutters,which also still have to pay if they view ESPN legally,ESPN trying to force the same model with the SEC Network and Disney's Liberal agenda have led to people cutting them off. People are tired of that crap being forced on them.

If college football was the3 problem,we'd see the amount of Bowl games cut in half over night,before any layoffs happened.

Apr 29, 2017, 11:38 AM

Completely agreed. Cord cutting will continue. Either ESPN continues to lose subscribers or the lower their $7 rate,either way it is a loss.

With advent of YouTubeTV and ACC previous ties it makes sense to relook at that platform. Smart TVs allow same presentation as Watch ESPN

Not sure where this goes. May require Power Five Conferences to cut a global deal for all their schools and create NCAA Network. Leave non power five schools for ESPN.

Either way these are precarious times for all

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic