Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Network
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

ACC Network

Oct 7, 2019, 10:56 PM

Not much talk about the ACC Network now versus the beginning of the season. Does anybody watch it? Or was the b!itching a much-a-do about nothing. Tigers vs Fl St on right now.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

its not bad but

Oct 7, 2019, 11:06 PM

Packer is not good on tv. Boring
Showing soccer during instead of some type of gameday show on Sat? I'd love to see a show at Duke or Pitt, etc..
They need to hire Kannell. He's the best ACC personality out there.
SEC has a boatload of great personalities.
But its their first year so I'll give them some slack.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Packer was much better when he could take

Oct 7, 2019, 11:22 PM

all of the die hard SEC fans and put them in a pot with the fans of ACC schools and let them have at each other. He also needs his idiot sidekicks back that he could win an argument with very easily.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: its not bad but

Oct 8, 2019, 7:35 AM [ in reply to its not bad but ]

xtiger said:

Packer is not good on tv. Boring
Showing soccer during instead of some type of gameday show on Sat? I'd love to see a show at Duke or Pitt, etc..
They need to hire Kannell. He's the best ACC personality out there.
SEC has a boatload of great personalities.
But its their first year so I'll give them some slack.

Disagree with the Packer comment. I really like the Packer and Durham show - watch it every day. I think they do a great job of covering the ACC and find them to be entertaining.

Agree they need to hire Kannell. Kannell has been a long time supporter of the ACC (probably cost him his job at ESecPN) and would be a good addition to the ACCN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they should air the Packman afternoon XM show

Oct 8, 2019, 8:28 AM [ in reply to its not bad but ]

People who have traditional jobs can't watch morning shows.

Need something in the afternoon "Finebaum" slot to watch/listen to on the drive home 4-7pm. I listen to Packer's XM show now. I know it's not 100% ACC, but Finebaum talks Clemson about as much as he does any SEC team on the SEC Network.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They need to go get Doc Walker***

Oct 8, 2019, 9:29 AM [ in reply to its not bad but ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It’s outstanding- watch it all the time***

Oct 7, 2019, 11:07 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Network

Oct 8, 2019, 7:30 AM

Packer and Durham maybe better on radio but still good. I think Durham drags the show down - he's getting worse. Huddle is pretty entertaining and Eric McClain is a rising star. Takes time though and the state of the rest of the ACC besides Clemson this year in football certainly isn't helping.

P & D are doing a Great considering the ACC Sucks

Oct 8, 2019, 8:19 AM

Aside from Clemson, the ACC is terrible and to spend three hours a day in football season trying to put a positive spin on this conference is not an easy job. They can't talk about Clemson for three hours.

Until the ACC's big names like FSU, VT, Miami and maybe UNC and NC State become a 10+ win team these guys have a hard job.

This week those guys should be down at Clemson talking about a top 10 FSU vs Clemson game instead of wondering if Clemson will cover a 27 point spread.

Fortunately the League is good in total sports and Basketball season is coming that that will give them more material.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Oct 8, 2019, 8:50 AM

Whats the acc network????oh heck i forgot cause i still have crappy comcast.....

Oct 8, 2019, 9:10 AM

Durham is a complete disaster...its a shame because it is a great opportunity for the ACC

Oct 8, 2019, 9:30 AM

I don’t care to watch sports talk shows regardless of the network. There is about five minutes of actual information per hour. If not for the dweebs on t-net posting about Paul and other biased talking heads I would have no idea what ignorance they spew on a daily basis

As for real games the ACCN has done a nice job IMO.

Oct 8, 2019, 10:08 AM

Packer and Durham are great. I can't watch the show because I am a working man like most of ya'll. However I get their podcast now. I listen them on my drive home (I have more than an hour drive). They've replaced my listening to Walt. They talk a lot of football. They give Clemson a lot of attention, but also provide great insight into other ACC teams. Yesterday's show had a lot of great laughs. This has been a definite plus of the ACCN.

The Huddle with Mac, EJ and Richt is good. Mac does a great job. I like EJ as well. Richt is okay. He certainly has some credibility but I still think of him as an SEC guy.

I think the game broadcasts have been good. I will say they play by play and color analysts leave something to be desired. Hasselbeck is dry. He played at BC when it was part of the Big East so he's not really an ACC guy. They need a little more personality. Charlie Whitehurst would be a great color guy if he was interested. Tiki Barber may be an interesting personality. Charlie Ward? There's got to be a few other interesting former ACC players out there who could bring a little passion to the broadcast.

Looks of soccer and volleyball on now. I get why its on....but I'm not watching it.

As for Danny Kannel, I agree he'd spice up conversations. Maybe he's the "Finebaum" some of you are looking for. I follow him on twitter. I don't agree with all his opinions, but I do like the way he sticks it to the SEC.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic