Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Championship postgame press conference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Dec 6, 2009, 1:27 AM

Audio and quotes from the postgame press conference after Clemson's loss to Georgia Tech in the ACC Championship. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Championship postgame press conference

Dec 6, 2009, 3:02 AM

I think I speak for every tiger that watched that game when I say thank you C.J. and thank you Tigers for one heck of a performance. I think the refs definitely missed some crucial calls, but in the end, you have to be in position with luck on your side, and I don't care what anyone else says, I'm IMPRESSED with Coach Swinney. GO TIGERS!!

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen and a huge thank to CJ, but in regards to Coach...

Dec 6, 2009, 3:42 AM

Swinney, this is NOT where we want to be, we want to be the team with the W after a game like that, and once again we lose not only another game to GT, but another one like that. Our defense tonight looked like it never got off the bus, our offense scored 34 points, that should be PLENTY to win a #### game

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize that this was Dabo's.....

Dec 6, 2009, 10:03 AM

first year as a head coach, right? You do realize we exceeded practically all expectations other than the few fans that expected 14-0 with rookie coaches, a rookie QB, and an OL that at the beginning of the season was not exactly highly regarded. You do realize this, correct?

As for Dabo's comment about "This is where Clemson is supposed to be. This is our standard. This is our expectation." You do realize that he was referring to playing in the Championship game, which hadn't been done before....and our expectation is to be there, play, and win it.

I was at Clemson for the Danny Ford years....great coach, great time to be at Clemson. My freshman year was our National Title year. Danny Ford was almost fired his second year as coach (6-5) because our fans, God bless them, are under the impression that we are Bama, or OU, or whoever. Coach Ford did an incredible job at Clemson, but he didn't have to face the teams we have to face these days to win the ACC. He also didn't have to play a final Championship game to take the title. But with the likes of even weaker Dukes, Virginias, and other really weak conference teams back then, I don't know if Ford would have done today what he did back then. He certainly couldn't do it at Arkansas.

So for all you Dabo bashers....grow up....you would have called for Ford's head like many were after his 6-5 season. I'm all in with Dabo and our program. We have some talented players returning next year and one that has the potential to become as special as CJ, and I'm talking about Boyd. GO TIGERS!

Re: You do realize that this was Dabo's.....

Dec 6, 2009, 5:18 PM

Well said! as hard as it was to swallow that loss lastnight and watching the gt celebration, I am very proud of this team and coaching staff. Seeing all the orange in Florida this weekend was a very empressive sight. just wish everyone would keep in mind that dabo has done something in his first full season that clemson has neveer been able to do! I'm amazed by the fire dabo brings to tthis team and hope to see him in tiger orange for as long as he will let us.

Re: You do realize that this was Dabo's.....

Dec 7, 2009, 12:12 PM

I couldn't agree more!!!! While it stinks more than anything to lose a game that is within reach, we have to remember that we won more this season than just "on the field". This team NEVER gave up, and their resilience was truly great to watch as a loyal fan - unlike the past few years with Coach Bowden. Changing the attitude and mindset of a player is never an easy task, and Coach Swinney did that in a year with an entire team and staff. We have alot to be proud of as fans and have to continue building upon that momentum. I know I am excited to see the future holds for our program.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic