Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody else think Jimbo will be the next Bielema?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Anybody else think Jimbo will be the next Bielema?

Dec 1, 2017, 4:12 PM

Leaves a successful program to go coach at another school and we slowly watch the school and their football program continue in their decline. At best A&M is a lateral job, only he’s hitting reset. Why they hire him after the atrocious season he just had boggles my mind. They traded one coach who struggled with controlling his players behavior for another one.

Oh well, Clemson will just be over here getting better every day. Mangey rant over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody else think Jimbo will be the next Bielema?

Dec 1, 2017, 4:15 PM

I think he's a great coach and will do well there. Unpopular opinion, just think he's a winner, not many coaches have a national championship in the modern era.

I agree. I think he does well there and ............

Dec 1, 2017, 4:20 PM

hope he does except when playing us.

Good people in Aggie Land so I wish them well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is true.

Dec 1, 2017, 4:27 PM

Very good folks at aTm. I was texting a buddy of mine that gradiated from A&M asking if the Jumbo hire was official. He said that he’d believe it when there’s a press conference confirming it. I said, hey, maybe it’ll be Les Miles. Then I LOLed.

Perhaps, I just don’t see it.

Dec 1, 2017, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Anybody else think Jimbo will be the next Bielema? ]

The two situations seem identical to me. There is very fertile recruiting in Florida and Texas. There are several teams fighting for those recruits within that state. He has a divisional conference opponent that is established as elite that he will have to compete against every year and possibly a couple other teams who can sneak up and beat you and win your division every few years. I don’t see his job getting any easier at A&M. But you may be right and if he pulls it off it will prove that he was a good coach.

Re: Perhaps, I just don’t see it.

Dec 1, 2017, 4:24 PM

I can see it both ways, the national championship team he had was once in a lifetime, I'm not sure the number, but I do know A TON of them are starting in the NFL right now. He will definitely have a lot to prove there, and it will define him as a coach.

He's Gene Chizik 2.0.***

Dec 1, 2017, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Anybody else think Jimbo will be the next Bielema? ]

No, not even close

Dec 1, 2017, 4:47 PM

Chizik averaged just over 6 wins per year other than his championship year. Fisher has averaged over 10 if you don't include this year, and about 9.7 per year if you include a full season this year and assume he finished the year with 7 wins.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree to disagree. If he wins big at TAMU I'll post a

Dec 1, 2017, 4:53 PM

mea culpa.

Also worth noting, Chizik had 1 year with Cam Newton,

Dec 1, 2017, 4:56 PM [ in reply to No, not even close ]

Jimbo had 3 with Winston.

Only 2, actually***

Dec 1, 2017, 4:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Redshirt year, you're right.***

Dec 1, 2017, 4:59 PM

Yes.

Dec 1, 2017, 4:24 PM

Goes from having to play Clemson every year to Bama, Auburn and other teams that are usually better than the rest of the ACC Atlantic. He does get a free gimme with matching up cross rivals with SC so it's not all bad.

I imagine he'll fit right in with these guys though.

It's gonna be tough sledding for him with a spread lineup

Dec 1, 2017, 4:35 PM

running his pro style offense in the beginning.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A&M is a step down for him

Dec 1, 2017, 4:36 PM

And I think it's a home run hire for them. This season was an outlier in his career overall, which has been stellar. So, I don't really get questioning A&M hiring Fisher, but the fact that Fisher was willing to leave FSU for A&M was bizarre.

He has shown the same leadership issues that Sumlin displayed.

Dec 1, 2017, 4:46 PM

He allowed a troubled player to dictate how team matters would be handled. In time he appeared to lose control of his team.

He is currently 5-6 on the season with FSU with back to back to back top 10 recruiting classes. It feels like everyone is excusing an entire horrible season based on 1 injury. I know it was a big injury, but losing 6 games, having to pick up a game from Louisiana Monroe just to attempt to be bowl eligible, and leading FSU to their worst season in decades doesn’t scream “this man is a huge upgrade and let’s make him the second highest paid coach” to me. FSU will be very good again. I’m not so sure A&M will be.

This is really his only bad season, though

Dec 1, 2017, 4:48 PM

I definitely agree that his job will be tougher at A&M, though, because it's just not as good of a program.

I think its just a fresh start for him***

Dec 1, 2017, 4:47 PM [ in reply to A&M is a step down for him ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that's the main draw, but...

Dec 1, 2017, 4:59 PM

A&M apparently has better facilities (Jimbo had recently criticized FSU administration for not spending more which was pretty controversial) and a good bit more money overall. Texas as a state isn't bad to recruit in either.

But like you said, I think the appeal was just getting out of Tallahassee.

Nah. I don't like him, but he is a good coach.

Dec 1, 2017, 5:26 PM

He is an upgrade from Sumlin, who I think is a good coach as well. He will do well. Probably won't win a natty there, but he will do well.

MauldinT, where are you???

Wouldn't mind if he made them really good, though

Dec 1, 2017, 5:56 PM

As long as he's not making a team good in our division.

Think he will do well.***

Dec 1, 2017, 5:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think he's a Beeyotch.***

Dec 1, 2017, 6:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's possible. I will say this, where Dabo exudes

Dec 1, 2017, 6:27 PM

class and character (among other positive traits), Jimbo oozes sleaze and shadiness. The book is far from closed on his coaching legacy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic