Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What bowl are you hoping for at this point ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

What bowl are you hoping for at this point ?

Nov 17, 2014, 7:15 AM

For me it's the Belk in Charlotte.
Would be great to drive down and see DW4 play live

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Belk bowl just doesn't sound attractive

Nov 17, 2014, 7:24 AM

Of course ill still go but at this point, ill take a trip back to ATL for the chic fil a bowl

My ND grad brother in law saying Irish really hoping for

Nov 17, 2014, 7:32 AM

Chick Fil A this year

A win over the coots. Who cares about a bowl?***

Nov 17, 2014, 7:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

????what he said????***

Nov 17, 2014, 8:00 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A win over the coots. Who cares about a bowl?***

Nov 17, 2014, 8:02 AM [ in reply to A win over the coots. Who cares about a bowl?*** ]

Guys, we've got to find away to have an offense, not win but to actually have an offense. It might be too ambitious for us to expect DW to be back for the coots. I am praying we find someone that can get the O moving. What we've had isn't working. As far as bowls, beggars can't be choosers, we are at the mercy of the bowl committees but I wouldn't expect too much especially since Duke and GT are more attractive at this time than we are. I'm glad we can look to next season and hope for the best. This year just has been so weird, hard to explain. Go Tigers.

Re: A win over the coots. Who cares about a bowl?***

Nov 17, 2014, 8:02 AM [ in reply to A win over the coots. Who cares about a bowl?*** ]

Just FYI, if we win out we have an outside shot at orange. If uga creams GT, and we get Watson back and cream coots. Duke will have 3 losses, and I just see us being more attractive to a bowl committee and plus the fact we played Schuessler vs GT.

Otherwise taxslayer gator bowl in Jacksonville.

I dont see them picking us over GT

Nov 17, 2014, 8:06 AM

One thing we do have going for us is that the Orange Bowl committee knows Clemson can bring in a lot of money, and thats mainly all they care about. I thought that you had to be ranked at least 14th to be in the OB, or did that rule die with the BCS?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The OB picks are more objective now...

Nov 17, 2014, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: A win over the coots. Who cares about a bowl?*** ]

goes to the highest ranked ACC team (assuming FSU makes the playoff). At this point, Ga Tech and Duke are both ahead of us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: The OB picks are more objective now...

Nov 17, 2014, 9:39 AM

Only FSU will have a better record in acc play than us. Now put yourself in the OB selection committee's shoes.

It helps that scar won at uf and beat uga. If we put up numbers vs scar with Watson I'll peg us for OB. GT will lose to uga, and if they back in to acccg they'd finish with 4 losses, paving the way for Clemson returning to OB.

Crazy to think after the meltdown at GT. About to go up 10-0 then we get routed.

When healthy we can compete with anyone.

Re: The OB picks are more objective now...

Nov 17, 2014, 10:09 AM

I don't think that the Orange Bowl selects the teams anymore, the playoff committee does. Is that correct? If that's the case, they won't care about who brings the most fans. They will probably select the team that wins the coastal division.

Re: What bowl are you hoping for at this point ?

Nov 17, 2014, 7:59 AM

Chick vs AU

chick fil et bowl no longer

Nov 17, 2014, 8:13 AM

An ACC bowl. Part of the new years 6. Not sure what the top bowl is after orange now. If we can win out then my bet is still the orange. That's if FSU finished undefeated. Tech will lose to Georgia. Duke still has a couple of conference games left. Whoever makes it to Charlotte will lose to FSU. Orange bowl will take us over a 4 loss Tech team regardless of head to head. They can't even fill their own stadium. And let's face Duke is still Duke!

Nov 17, 2014, 9:37 AM

Probably the Belk Bowl game. Charlotte is a easy drive, there will be ton of Clemson fans and a matchup with Tennessee would be a lot of fun!

The Palmetto Bowl***

Nov 17, 2014, 9:42 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2014, 9:58 AM

There are a ton of bowl game possibilities out there still. Everything from the Orange Bowl, Russell Athletic Bowl (Tangerine), Capital One Bowl, Gator Bowl, Belk Bowl. Those are all possible.

Also, don't forget Notre Dame is now included in our bowl lineup.

Orange Bowl - Duke loses to UNC and/or wins out and loses to FSU in ACCCG, GT loses to UGA, and we beat S. Carolina and we've got a shot. I'm guessing ND loses at least 1 more, putting them at 8-4. If we're 9-3, it's between us, Duke, and GT and the other 2 are coming off losses. Probably a tossup between us and GT.

Russell Athletic - If we don't get Orange, we're probably here and it's against #3 from the Big 12. So the lowest of the TCU/Baylor/Kansas State crowd is the likely opponent. Probably Kansas St. which would be a cool matchup.

Capital One - If Ohio St. misses the playoff I think it's most likely they end up in the Orange Bowl. If that's the case the Capital One can take an ACC team to play an SEC team, and I think they'd love to have us there. Probably playing Ole Miss or Auburn?

Belk Bowl - if we fall all the way here we'd wind up in Charlotte vs an SEC team. Missouri, LSU, Texas A&M are most likely opponents.

Shakes out that we'll probably end up with a pretty good bowl matchup...Orange vs OSU again, Russell vs Kansas St, Capital One vs Ole Miss/Auburn, Belk vs SEC team.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic