Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A week late but Natty musings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

A week late but Natty musings

Jan 16, 2017, 2:47 PM

Aside from the overall awesomeness of the whole experience a few thoughts:

* The woohoo was strong. Sadly I fear there is no way to turn the tide as the woohoo has taken hold of Tiger nation. Its here to stay but I'll continue to rail against it.

* Tampa cleaned up nice for the event. The area of the stadium is usually much rougher but the cops had it scrubbed well.....too bad as much can't say the same for the port-a-johns. Some of you should be ashamed, you know who you are. Worst I've ever seen at an event.

* Never heard a negative word out of a Bama fan's mouth. Of course they were in shock after the game. Literally speechless. Went to Wing House after the game by the stadium to eat after the game and Bama fans were just staring into their beers not looking up or saying a word. Not sure why they just didn't go home.

* The respect Clemson fans showed to the elder Clemson fans was fantastic. After the game and celebration fans would part the way to allow older, elderly fans to pass while being congratulated by everyone. The gentleman sitting in front of me was 75+ and was crying after the game stating he didn't think he'd live to see another national championship. Everyone around was hugging he and and his wife.

* Kudos to whoever brought the Big Tiger to the HCC parking lot as it was the easy landmark to find other tailgates.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ThX DEN for neat & personal info

Jan 16, 2017, 2:50 PM

And come back to give out more since most of us didn't get to go.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ThX DEN for neat & personal info

Jan 16, 2017, 3:36 PM

I sat in the corner of the endzone directly behind/underneath were the ESPN set was located. After the game, it was fun watching the Clemson fans heckle and call out the specific ESPN talking heads for the stupid comments they made about Clemson. During commercial breaks, they just kept their eyes straight down as if they were reading their notes and wouldn't make any eye contact or acknowledge the fans calling them out. They actually looked like a bunch of scolded dogs. It was great!

Re: A week late but Natty musings

Jan 16, 2017, 3:30 PM

Agree about the woohoo.

Never saw a port-a-john. The infrastructure was terrible around the stadium. Had to walk long distance to cross at a red light and then all the way back down the side of the stadium to enter into gate which was understaffed and overwhelmed - took over an hour jammed with people to get in the gate.

Stadium was nice and jumbo-trons were fantastic to view game. These would be nice to have at DV.

Wish could have entered field to join in celebration, but those who tried were arrested.

Alabama fans were quiet and respectful.

Never saw so many opposing fans leave stadium and parking so quickly - other than coots.

Tampa was just not ready to accommodate so many rabids fans. Venues were crowded and hard to navigate. Parking directions were bad and detours not clear.

Really enjoyed game though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was my second live game National Championship for Clemson.

Re: A week late but Natty musings

Jan 16, 2017, 3:54 PM

Agree about the big Tiger in the HCC lot-I used it as a reference to find people all day. Also, the bathroom situation was terrible. Thank goodness for the woods that we put to good use later in the day!

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic