Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd's NFL stock drops in loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd's NFL stock drops in loss

Dec 3, 2013, 9:37 AM

Tajh Boyd's NFL stock drops in loss

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he needs to come back***

Dec 3, 2013, 9:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Put him on the 10 year plan.***

Dec 3, 2013, 9:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's how many years Anthony Carter played at Michigan***

Dec 3, 2013, 11:31 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

those two games against FSU and SC cost him millions***

Dec 3, 2013, 9:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: those two games against FSU and SC cost him millions***

Dec 3, 2013, 9:50 AM

He can make it back at the combines with some great workouts.

no chance.....NFL defenses are faster and more complex

Dec 3, 2013, 9:51 AM

than what he saw against those two teams...can't undo the video from those two games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In Boyd's defense... his O-Line will also be much better

Dec 3, 2013, 9:54 AM

in the NFL. :)

of course....defensive line on the other side of the ball

Dec 3, 2013, 9:56 AM

will be faster too....just the way he handled those two games will be looked at over and over...lack of composure and poise and his decision making.

Re: of course....defensive line on the other side of the ball

Dec 4, 2013, 9:22 AM

The FSU game was bad for him, but I don't view his performance against the ##### as hurting him significantly. He wasn't going to be among the top 2-3 QBs regardless and it wasn't his decisions that cost us the game. It was the turnovers, only one of which can be laid at his feet. The last two ints were a different story because he was pretty much forcing anything in a really bad situation. He might have been able to improve his stock with a super-human performance, but that's not who he's been ever. He's been a steady QB who can read defenses, hit the right receivers, get some yards with his feet, but most of all provide mature leadership to his team.

Where Tajh will make or lose serious cash is how he performans in camp and on the field after he's drafted. I could easily be wrong, but I have never seen him as an NFL star. He's been outstanding and I Love what he does both on and off the field. He's a class act, but I don't see either the athleticism or the arm, specifically accuracy, to be a star at the next level. If he has the kind of NFL career that Charlie Whitehurst or Steve Fuller enjoyed, that would be great.

Re: In Boyd's defense... his O-Line will also be much better

Dec 3, 2013, 8:29 PM [ in reply to In Boyd's defense... his O-Line will also be much better ]

Not if he goes to Pittsburhg.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pittsburgh

Dec 3, 2013, 8:30 PM

#### I cannot even spell.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2013, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: those two games against FSU and SC cost him millions*** ]

No it didn't. He was never going to be a 1st or 2nd round pick to begin with. He's 5'11'. His footwork is inconsistent and he still at times tends to lock in on the primary receiver. Tajh will go 6th/7th round or as a Free Agent!

Dec 3, 2013, 10:56 AM

> No it didn't. He was never going to be a 1st or 2nd
> round pick to begin with. He's 5'11'. His footwork
> is inconsistent and he still at times tends to lock
> in on the primary receiver. Tajh will go 6th/7th
> round or as a Free Agent!

this. the knock on Tajh was that he was a system QB and he really never disproved that.

A "system" QB ??? Well selfishly, I hope you're right !

Dec 3, 2013, 12:34 PM

While I hope the best in the NFL for Tajh, selfishly as a fan, I hope that we can just plug new QBs into this system and equal or exceed the last guys production sort of like Texas Tech did when leach was there.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A "system" QB ??? Well selfishly, I hope you're right !

Dec 4, 2013, 9:28 AM

A lot of his statistics are due to Morris' offensive system. There's no doubt about that, but Tajh brings a number of things to the table, like intelligence, work ethic, and maturity. He's a good, not great athlete for a BCS quarterback. (He's a great athlete in general, but the bar on athleticism at the BCS level his been raised quite a bit the last few years.) He's got good arm strength, but not great accuracy. That might improve and he'll certainly put the work in.

That said, I think that Morris is a terrific developer of QB talent and he's got a lot to work with in Watson, Kelly, and Stoudt. I am very optimistic for Clemson football in '14 and beyond. Next year's schedule will be tougher with road games against the Dawgs and FSU, but the ##### have to come to Columbia and whoever the QB is, he will have 11 games under his belt by them.

No doubt...maybe he did all that he was capable of doing...

Dec 3, 2013, 10:48 AM [ in reply to those two games against FSU and SC cost him millions*** ]

...but that doesn't dispell the notion that in the NFL this won't cut it.

I have the greatest admiration for what Tajh did at Clemson, but it does come down to one thing, and one thing alone, when asked to step onto the big stage, you MUST deliver.

Dabo teaches his players to never give up, but in the end, RESULTS...baby...that is the real world, NOT like the federal beauracracy of indifference.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd's NFL stock drops in loss

Dec 3, 2013, 9:51 AM

yes I am afraid it did..that game was his chance to make a statement after the FSU debacle but it just went the other way

Russell Wilson couldn't beat Clemson ...

Dec 3, 2013, 10:11 AM

... he had some pretty terrible games against the Tigers.

Wilson was okay with NC State, but he got a lot better when he was put behind the huge, talented OL at Wisconsin.

Of course, he's been even better still with the Seahawks.

I'm still not completely sold on Tajh Boyd's NFL future, but then again, I never, ever would have predicted NFL stardom for Russell Wilson.

Re: Russell Wilson couldn't beat Clemson ...

Dec 3, 2013, 10:13 AM

they seem to look for things to give him grief over- ther height thing and now this.

I think he can be a good NFL qb. I'm disappointed in a couple of his games this year but I dont hang him out to dry for that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Russell Wilson has shown improvement

Dec 3, 2013, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Russell Wilson couldn't beat Clemson ... ]

From NC State to Wisconsin to the NFL. He seems to be getting better and better. Looking at Tajh's "progress" since the LSU game last year I would say it's almost zero. Now is that a knock on him or is it back to our coaching failing to develop our players. Sammy Watkins was great the day he arrived at Clemson and still is. Bryant?? Humphries?? not so much improvement which is back to the coaching discussion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tajh could have done better in that game.

Dec 3, 2013, 10:17 AM

He has a certain lack of maturity. I have no idea when or if he will grow out of that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

0-3 record

Dec 3, 2013, 10:19 AM

Doesn't make me feel better, but people should do better research.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 0-3 record

Dec 3, 2013, 1:58 PM

Pretty sure he played in 4. Started 3.

He seemed to do fine against LSU last bowl game!!!

Dec 3, 2013, 10:54 AM

Folks...shiat happens & that's the way it is. You deal with it move on & hope we can win the bowl to partially make up for & go out with a win to boost recruiting! Everybody has rough games, coaches don't play, & Tajh can't be held responsible for every players mistakes & plays.
Go tigers!

The bowl game is the anomoly, though

Dec 3, 2013, 12:49 PM

All other games where he gets pressured early he folds.

He did play an EXCELLENT game vs LSU in the bowl. But, the problem is, that's his only one vs a team that put him on the ground often.

It is looking more like a fluke***

Dec 4, 2013, 9:24 AM

Re: He seemed to do fine against LSU last bowl game!!!

Dec 3, 2013, 9:19 PM [ in reply to He seemed to do fine against LSU last bowl game!!! ]

Boyd played well against Lsu but people act as though our O was great that night and if the D had not played so well we would have lost that game. The only reason we got a chance to win it was because Miles is a total idiot.

Running right into Clowney

Dec 3, 2013, 10:55 AM

For Clowney's first...and I believe only sack, was a terribly graphic play for his "pocket presence". Our guy had Clowney boxed out and Boyd rolls right back into him. That's one key knock against Tajh as compared even to Shaw...he doesn't seem to have a nose for escaping the rush. Second knock though is his reading of defenses. He seems to not see open receivers or worse yet defenders lurking around receivers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Running right into Clowney

Dec 3, 2013, 2:29 PM

You are right on. He cannot detect where pressure is coming from and seems to always make the wrong read/go the wrong way when his protection fails. He is also terrible at zone read with the RB.

Is it too late to Put Stoudt in?***

Dec 3, 2013, 11:07 AM

Re: Is it too late to Put Stoudt in?***

Dec 3, 2013, 11:33 AM

I couldn't agree more!

Re: Is it too late to Put Stoudt in?***

Dec 3, 2013, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Is it too late to Put Stoudt in?*** ]

No, start him now and look to next year.

Dec 3, 2013, 1:03 PM

This is not news. Been this way for 3 years. If you can get him on the move quickly with pressure, he makes poor choices. Looks at our losses the last 3 years and the athletics defenses we played.

The whole NFL is like that.

Can I say this yet?

Dec 3, 2013, 2:01 PM

Tajh Boyd is not an NFL quarterback. He throws a great deep ball but he still has trouble with his progressions and, the real killer, his accuracy on short and intermediate routes.

You have to be able to make certain passes 100% of the time in the NFL and Tajh just hasn't shown he can do that.

Very good college quarterback who didn't play his best on the big stage, but not NFL material. I hope he at least latches on somewhere. Maybe the universe will have a sense of humor and he can be Stoudt's back-up.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can I say this yet?

Dec 3, 2013, 5:04 PM

I agree Tajh is not an NFL quarterback ;he would not be facing ACC teams in NFL

I salute Tajh for giving it his best in big games...

Dec 3, 2013, 5:56 PM

...but his best often wasn't good enough. The good news is that backup QB's in the NFL can hang on to a steady paycheck for years.

Tajh has leader written all over him

Dec 3, 2013, 7:27 PM

I'm not sure it is on the field, but the way he handles himself and the media tells me he could be a heck of a coach/GM/AD etc. He's a natural ambassador for a program.

Dec 3, 2013, 9:50 PM

This has coot written all over it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2013, 12:13 AM

Tajh has demonstrated terrible pocket awareness in spurts throughout his whole career. Last years South Carolina game was another indication. How many times did he literally run into clowney when he should've just stepped up. Same thing Saturday,instead of stepping up and giving Brandon A chance to recover on the block he ran around him and right into clowney and that was a play that was pretty well blocked. I love what Tajh has done at Clemson and I'm not trying to make it seem like I don't but things like that MUST be corrected. He's still making some of the same silly mistakes he was making his RS-soph year. Showed minimal improvement outside of the LSU game

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Russell Wilson couldn't beat Clemson ...

Dec 4, 2013, 12:17 AM

Russell Wilson also had a streak of 300+ passes without an interception and when he finally threw one he start throwing them. Once tajh started throwing pics he kept throwing them

*STOPPED throwing them...not start lol***

Dec 4, 2013, 12:18 AM

his inability to sit in the pocket, ignore the rush, and

Dec 4, 2013, 9:29 AM

make reads is what is gonna cost him millions. he is a 1 contract NFL guy. 3 years.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic