Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you want the ACC to get better?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Do you want the ACC to get better?

Jul 26, 2013, 3:14 PM

DO you, as Clemson fans, want the ACC to become a much better confrence, and thus be respected as a much better confrence. OR. Do you want the ACC to continue to be considered a crappy confrence. I have heard both over the recent years. What do you want?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you want the ACC to get better?

Jul 26, 2013, 3:22 PM

My opinion the ACC needs 3-4 consistently strong teams. That would give Clemson 2-3 solid games per year and keep the SOS relevant. FSU, Miami and Clemson have the ability to sustain success. After that UNC, NCST, GT, VT and Louisville all can provide that 4th or 5th team to evelevate the league. One key is to keep teams like BC, UVA, and Duke down to make sure most of the conference gets 8-10 wins.

null

Jul 26, 2013, 5:14 PM

We want the conference to be as strong as possible. We are nowhere near the point of worrying about the ACC being too strong in football, or any sport for that matter. Is it bad for Miss. St. or Vanderbilt that the SEC is strong in football at the moment? How about Northwestern, do you think they are hurt because the B1G is too strong in any sport?

Why on earth would any Clemson fan want their conference not to be everything that it could be? Upside, bigger TV deals and bowl tie ins, meaning more money for the school for facilities, and for making all programs the best that they can be. The downside is that we might lose 2-3 more conference games every couple years. Couple that with a significantly higher SOS and I think we're all better off.

You are right, but there are some dumb arses around......***

Jul 30, 2013, 10:22 PM

I hope the ACC wins the National Championship every year.

Jul 26, 2013, 3:22 PM

Would mean more than likely we would win one.

The problem is you have 5 conferences now with the ACC

Jul 26, 2013, 3:28 PM

1) The football schools who are the minority
2) The basketball schools who are the majority (and who could care less about football)
3)The academic crowd who equals sport conferences to academic pride that does not make a bit of sense in terms of sports.
4) The Original Southern teams--split between the northern basketball teams and the more Southern football teams
4) The new Northern teams (with a different culture than the original ACC in all ways)

Now if you can find a way to overcome these differences--perhaps.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget the 1/2 conference with ND!***

Jul 30, 2013, 12:25 PM

Why would anyone NOT want it to get more competitive?

Jul 26, 2013, 3:30 PM

In the new playoff system, strength of schedule determines a lot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I want Clemson to get better---The ACC can come along

Jul 26, 2013, 3:35 PM

or they can eat our dust. We have very litle control over what the rest of the league is going to do.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

I miss the old days when we just did our own thing. Win.***

Jul 30, 2013, 10:45 PM

A strong ACC is good for Clemson

Jul 26, 2013, 4:08 PM

With strength of schedule huge for reputation, which helps with tv coverage and polling, which helps with spots for the future play-off, a strong ACC can only help Clemson.

If every team was able to win three or four of their non-conference games, two or three dominant teams, four to sex more teams that are strong with the occasional dominant year, and the rest of the league occasionally having a good year and making bowls, the ACC could draw the nations attention and get more coverage from sports networks. The attention can only help Clemson. The only reason a school should not be, at least partially, a "conference fan" is because their school is doing something it shouldn't be and the added exposure would reveal that.

Re: A strong ACC is good for Clemson

Jul 26, 2013, 4:38 PM

It seems to me, as an outsider to conference politics, that our task is to schedule as strong an out of conference schedule as possible. In effect the weak sisters of the league give us our "practice games." We need to play as many NDs Georgias, Auburns and SCars as possible.

We need this not only because we need high profile games but we need to get tested. I am convinced that our schedule not our players or coaches has created the current SCar run. We get to the end of the year and they are as good as any we have played. They have seen many considered as good as we are. Fire hardens medal.

look at usuc's schedule. it's not like they play 'bama,lsu,

Jul 26, 2013, 7:16 PM

thugu,a&m,florida,(well, that's all of the heavyweights), every year. they get uf,and ug, who are good, but no better, historically, than miami or fsu. they have 2 teams in their division that are "battles" we have 1. the rest is pot luck and scheduling. we have every bit as tough a schedule as they do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: look at usuc's schedule. it's not like they play 'bama,lsu,

Jul 26, 2013, 8:30 PM

I think you're on the right track, sgt., esp. when LVL, PITT, and ND pop up on a regular basis, but they have played more physical teams than we have for the past few years, and I think it shows by the end of November.

Jul 26, 2013, 8:31 PM

Sorry-forgot Syracuse.

Jul 26, 2013, 8:35 PM [ in reply to look at usuc's schedule. it's not like they play 'bama,lsu, ]

No A&M on the schedule this year - Arkansas.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

+1***

Jul 26, 2013, 4:43 PM [ in reply to A strong ACC is good for Clemson ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The stronger the better. I want every ACC team to win all

Jul 26, 2013, 4:48 PM

of their OOC games (with the possible exception of UNC) during the regular season and I want them to all dominate their bowls.

Then, when Clemson stands supreme on top of the ACC pile, it will be that much more impressive.

Also, better teams means more eyeballs, which means better TV contracts, better bowl relationships and more fun for all the fans.

null

Re: The stronger the better. I want every ACC team to win all

Jul 26, 2013, 6:46 PM

Great post!! absolutely agree!!I have been saying this for years but some on here think otherwise???

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely, and we could be headed in that direction

Jul 26, 2013, 4:57 PM

Clearly we have become the premier basketball conference but I believe we're making small strides in FB as well. The addition of Louisville certainly will help; so long as they sustain their recent success. ND, love em or hate em, will help get us some national exposure. They own NBC and having that network broadcast games will be a huge benefit.

Imagine for a moment, ND vs. __ on NBC, while FSU vs. ____ is on ABC, only to be followed up by Clemson vs. ____ on ESPN. Pretty good exposure.

The crimiNOLES have been recruiting well and are on the rise. VaTech will be back to normalcy once Logan ''INTmaster'' Thomas is gone. Louisville is a premier team as well. And obviously Clemson is on the rise too. Once FSU and CU beat their rival schools then folks will show the ACC some love. Now if GT could manage to beat ThUGA, then we'd certainly be due some respect.

What CFB needs is to have the $eC eat some humble pie. Somebody else from a different conference needs to win one. When the real USC was good, CFB benefited. Same thing with when Miami was premier. It could start this season.

Best case scenario: UNC over Coots, Tigers over Dogs, Miami over Fla, FSU over Fla, Tigers over Coots. These are all possibilities. I won't dare mention the notion of Hokies over Tide or GT over ThUGA for obvious reasons. A great showing in some bowl games and we're headed to where we need to be.

The ACC is getting MUCH get better

Jul 26, 2013, 5:05 PM

Adding Louisville, Syracuse and Pitt makes the ACC better and should rejuvenate Pitt and Syracuse. Having ND playing lots of ACC games will also help.

I am not sure what a "confrance" is. are they French prisoners?

Jul 26, 2013, 7:20 PM

I don't think it matters if the ACC isn't one of the stronger conferences as long as that doesn't hurt Clemson by giving the conference a much lower per school revenue than the SEC.

Better conference = more interest = more money = better Clem

Jul 30, 2013, 11:49 PM

I don't want the ACC to get to the point of being better than the SEC so we can hardly ever win, but I'm not too worried about that. I'd like to see FSU, UL, and of course us lift the conference to a level second only to the SEC.

That would require the 3 powers in the Atlantic to continue to improve. I think that is reasonable. What we also need is VT to continue to be solid (likely) and two of the three programs in Coastal with loads of potential to do something, that's Miami, UNC, and GT. I expect Miami to be very good this season. Let's see if that holds after this year.

http://sports-kings.com/2013-clemson-football-season-preview/

Thanks for the responses, heres what I think

Jul 30, 2013, 11:46 AM

I believe that we should all want to ACC to get better, much better. Here is why...Bowl games. Clemson was the #2 ACC bowl team last year...SC was the #4 or #5 SEC bowl team, yet they went to a better bowl game cause the ACC does not have many good bowl games. Outside the BCS, the Gator Bowl is the best ACC Bowl game. Oooops, wait a minute...no we lost that one to the SEC a few years ago. Now the Peach/Chic-fil-a Bowl game is the ACC's top Bowl game outside the BCS. It's not even a new years day Bowl. That is so sad. But The ACC is just not hot, and don't sell seats or TV. This is why the ACC will continue to lose more than just games. We need the ACC to stand up and be heard, and thats only going to happen when they start beating SEC and other power confrence teams. Until then, we better hope for no less than top #2 in the ACC, otherwise it's Tire Bowl time.
MOst of you did say that the ACC needed to get better. OK, well here is my confusion...Why do so many Clemson fans get a thrill out of seeing Georgia beat GT, or Tennesse beat NC State? Those losses hurt our league. We don't have to go out and buy Tarheel gear or anything, but lets at least pull for the ACC teams in their OOC games.

Hard to get "better" without an ESPN promoting every minute

Jul 30, 2013, 12:23 PM

... no doubt that the SEC has good teams, but not nearly as good as ESPN essentially "forces" you to think by their constant promotion.

Want the ACC to get as strong as possible.***

Jul 30, 2013, 6:51 PM

Walt says stay crappy

Jul 30, 2013, 7:32 PM

Best path to national championship. I agree it's 9 automatic wis a year. Last year 9 losing teams. Woot woot.

I'd prefer that there be at least 3-4 strong teams

Jul 31, 2013, 12:59 AM

I'm tired of seeing the "ACC wheel of destiny" on ESPN. It would also be nice if the other ACC teams could win their OOC games on a more regular basis.

With my heart I want them all to lose everything.

Jul 31, 2013, 9:34 AM

I know we'll need the SOS next year when the playoff starts if we are going to expect to get an invite.

This is not the first clash of lust and logic I've had. It all started with the babysitter (bewbs) when I was 9 or 10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that why you still needed a babysitter when you were 15?***

Jul 31, 2013, 9:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

You started late. I was 6-7 yrs. old and had the hots for

Jul 31, 2013, 10:15 AM [ in reply to With my heart I want them all to lose everything. ]

my babysitter. WOW!!! Still have visions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How old was he at the time?***

Jul 31, 2013, 10:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She was 15!!!!***

Jul 31, 2013, 1:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So he was a

Jul 31, 2013, 2:12 PM

crossdresser? Very interesting. May explain a lot...

Jul 31, 2013, 9:41 AM

The ACC needs FSU, Clemson, Miami and VTech to consistently field top 15 teams.
Then have 2-4 others that rotate in and out of the top 25... NC State, Louisville, UNC, UVA, GTech and so on.

The ACC has to get better and Clemson needs to stay at

Jul 31, 2013, 10:16 AM

the TOP!! Then we'll be the toast of ESPN

I like games vs FSU, VT, ND, and Miami more than I like

Jul 31, 2013, 12:18 PM

knowing we are going to beat WF or Duke.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic