Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A run in with a popular coot today.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

A run in with a popular coot today.

Sep 1, 2015, 1:39 PM
image.jpg(512.6 K)

I went to a united way kickoff campaign event at the TD center today and Marcus Lattimore was the guest speaker. I'll give him credit he was actually a pretty good speaker. Anyway, on the way out in the big hallway he was standing taking pics with some people and about 20 others were standing there watching. So when me and my buddy were passing by I yelled out "go tigers", and he stopped smiling for the cameras and looked around and asked, "who said that?" I said "I did", while I was pointing at my Clemson t-shirt. He looked at me and said "I'll pray for you", so I said I'd pray for him too. Everybody standing there started laughing. Had to represent, even in front of Sakerlinas mvp of the century. Sorry for the pig with the backs of some strangers heads.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obnoxious

Sep 1, 2015, 1:51 PM

Thanks for being the "every fan base has a few of them" guy.

Re: Obnoxious

Sep 1, 2015, 2:01 PM

Next time I see him I'll get an autograph for you since you would have yelled "go #####" instead.

Have you realized..

Sep 1, 2015, 2:09 PM

That everyone was laughing at you, not with you?

Re: Have you realized..

Sep 1, 2015, 2:14 PM

Have you realized I don't care what everyone thinks? Which is why I don't wear suits to "fit in" with all the business folks.

Re: If you don't care what people think, why share the story***

Sep 1, 2015, 2:49 PM

Re: If you don't care what people think, why share the story***

Sep 1, 2015, 3:22 PM

If I cared what yall thought I wouldn't have shared the story. Never in a million years would I have thought I would be "classless" for saying go tigers. Just continue being concerned what others think of you and I'll keep pulling for the Tigers. All you "classy" folks don't yell go tigers at the games, people might think you are pulling for them. Which you'll probably be yelling go c0cks instead.

Re: You know what your intentions where and came here expect

Sep 1, 2015, 3:24 PM

ing to be justified b/c while you knew you're intentions you didn't feel justified by Marcus' reply. Like school on the weekends.....no class

Re: were*

Sep 1, 2015, 3:24 PM

Apples to oranges chief

Sep 1, 2015, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: If you don't care what people think, why share the story*** ]

Yelling go tigers at a game is not the same as yelling go tigers in a completely neutral setting directed at a distinguished individual speaker where school allegiance isnt even relevant

Get a clue!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apples to oranges chief

Sep 1, 2015, 5:33 PM

Get a clue? Yall are hilarious. I say "go tigers" to somebody who's signing autographs and taking pics with people in a hallway and a loud environment cause people are talking loudly and its classless? I've heard it all. Go back to FGF and pull for your team.

If you really dont get it by now

Sep 1, 2015, 6:38 PM

Then you never will.

You went out of your way to heckle him. Really mature of you. Really isnt that big of a deal, but the fact that you dont understand why people are giving you crap about it says it all

Every village has some idiots. You are one of ours. What

Re: If you really dont get it by now

Sep 1, 2015, 7:12 PM

If your hurt I didn't get you an autograph don't feel bad, my own boss asked me to get one and I told him no. You are right, since obviously you were there and it messed up the picture you were taking with him. It's funny how everybody there found it to be hilarious (including Marcus cause he laughed when I said what I said) but some on here got their panties in a wad. It's cool when rival fans come on campus for a game and people yell "go tigers" at them, but not to a coot player. Just agree to disagree. I have no shame in who I pull for, You obviously have boundaries.

Youre***

Sep 1, 2015, 10:13 PM

You obviously arent an alum

Class of '13 here

Re: Youre***

Sep 1, 2015, 10:39 PM

Aren't. Not arent. And you obviously didn't learn to put periods at the end of sentences Mr. Alum. You know like the whole pot and kettle deal? Might wanna proof read your own stuff before you point out other people's stuff there kid. You supposed to be up this late? I don't want you to get in trouble.

There is ZERO wrong with saying Go Tigers!

Sep 1, 2015, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: If you don't care what people think, why share the story*** ]

in any situation

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have you realized..

Sep 1, 2015, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Have you realized.. ]

Apparently you do care seeing how you thought you needed to come here and share your little story.

null

^^^^^^LOL

Sep 1, 2015, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Obnoxious ]

The other guy was right. Thanks for being "that guy"

Classless

Next!

All I see are suits.

Sep 1, 2015, 1:53 PM

And you're in a t-shirt? And being an ####? Thanks for being "that guy".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: All I see are suits.

Sep 1, 2015, 2:09 PM

All I saw were suits too, I don't have an office job like the rest of yall do. Looks like I'm gonna have to get several autographs from Marcus.

Re: A run in with a popular coot today.

Sep 1, 2015, 1:55 PM

null

NFL superstar Marcus Lattimore was speaking at an event??

Sep 1, 2015, 2:12 PM

Shouldn't he be rushing for 300 yards in some preseason game? What happened?

yeah well.,,,,

Sep 1, 2015, 2:31 PM
jerk store.jpg(68.6 K)

Every fanbase has juan. And here he is.***

Sep 1, 2015, 2:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I am proud of Tnet for this thread.

Sep 1, 2015, 2:44 PM

Seriously.

Makes me proud to be The House Coot.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Who named you House Coot?

Sep 1, 2015, 2:46 PM

ClasslessOf09 ain't gonna like this.

Why, I did, of course.*****

Sep 1, 2015, 2:48 PM

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

^^^^Self-Proclaimed House Coot^^^^***

Sep 1, 2015, 2:48 PM

... I think a lot of tnetters have called that coot a coot.***

Sep 1, 2015, 3:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

A lot of Tnetters have called a lot of coots coots.***

Sep 1, 2015, 3:27 PM

^^^Look at me, I'm the "house coot"!!!

Sep 1, 2015, 2:47 PM [ in reply to I am proud of Tnet for this thread. ]

The good juan, that is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: ^^^Look at me, I'm the "house coot"!!!

Sep 1, 2015, 6:58 PM

Not playing that "juan" sh*t out just a bit?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: I am proud of Tnet for this thread.

Sep 1, 2015, 4:55 PM [ in reply to I am proud of Tnet for this thread. ]

> Seriously.
>
> Makes me proud to be The House Coot.

Where do you find a hat for that huge cranium?

Somebody says "famous coot" and CC is all, "Oh, they're talking about ME!"

Just strummin' that metar.

ouch - I don't believe I would have told that

Sep 1, 2015, 3:30 PM

Not your grandest moment there.

Sep 1, 2015, 3:53 PM

you are an idiot!!!!!!

Oct 25, 2017, 8:37 PM

Sooooooooooooo, saying go Tigers was classless, yet Conner Shaw signing a Clemson helmet "We own the state" wasnt???? Some of you "fans" make me barf.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2015, 5:14 PM

Who said Conner Shaw wasn't classless? Link?

DON'T LISSEN TO THESE COOTS LEMME TELL YOU WHAT

Sep 1, 2015, 4:59 PM

I WOOD HAVE DONE WHEN MARCUS SAID ILL PRAY FOR YOU I WOOD HAVE SAID "AT LEAST I CAN PLAY HOPSCOTCH WITHOWT COLLAPSING". THEN EVERYONE WOOD HAVE BEEN LIKE "MAN MARCUS GOT BURNT!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Clemson man needs no introduction...

Sep 1, 2015, 7:45 PM

I'm sure you've heard that saying. The notion behind that well-known tradition is that a Clemson man carries himself proudly, is respected by his actions and the general respect he offers and receives.

It does not mean he is know by trying to call attention to himself by inviting derision as he interrupts someone else's event with antagonistic actions in an opportunity that clearly did not call for them.

You, sir, demean the tradition of the Clemson Man. Clemson Brat is perhaps a better description of such actions.

A far better course of action would be to approach, shake Mr. Lattimore's hand and tell him that as a Clemson man you thought he was well spoken and wish him well in life. That would reflect the dignity and heartfelt devotion that the sons of Clemson strive to share around the world.

Chirping like some kind of Wuffie fan is not what we expect ... or accept ... from true sons of Clemson in such circumstances.

Go and sin no more.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 Rev

Sep 1, 2015, 7:56 PM

You expressed so eloquently what I could not articulate. Nobody has said it but we never beat Lattimore's Coots. The classy thing would have been to shake his hand and congratulate him for never losing to us, then telling him it may never happen again.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic