Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A question for the Pumpers,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

A question for the Pumpers,

Sep 1, 2014, 3:03 PM

Are you the same Pumpers that used to pump about Tommy Bowden?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A question for the Pumpers,

Sep 1, 2014, 3:05 PM

If so you get what you deserve every time TB gets a chance to belittle Clemson. He never misses one.

Sep 1, 2014, 3:05 PM

We got out coached bottom line . The learning on the fly time is about up.

Neither Clemson not Carolina got out coached

Sep 1, 2014, 4:17 PM

Sometimes you play teams with a lot more talent and ability than you have.

It's absurd to expect a coach to always win when they're at a such a disadvantage.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Neither Clemson not Carolina got out coached

Sep 1, 2014, 4:32 PM

"Sometimes you play teams with a lot more talent and ability than you have. "

I guess you missed the first half.

Gurley ran the ball 4 times in the first half

Sep 1, 2014, 4:33 PM

For 44 yards. It would have been over earlier if he had more touches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt it, chickenboy....

Sep 1, 2014, 4:43 PM

Its obvious UGa was "saving" Gurley for the 2nd half and opportunities to attack a worn down the Clemson defense.....that strategy worked. But without UGa's defense, special teams and some questionable play-calling on behalf of the Tigers, there's a possibility that particular "Gurley strategy" might have backfired. Clemson was doing a fairly good job of jamming the line until the disastrous 4th Q

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You were?

Sep 1, 2014, 4:46 PM

You only stopped him for less than 8 yards once out of his four carries.

Not sure how you can argue you were jamming the line in the first half against Gurley?

Re: You were?

Sep 1, 2014, 4:58 PM

idiot. I didn't write that Clemson was jamming the line solely against Todd Gurley. But the DL was having some success stopping their offense in the first half giving up only 14 points....and who knows? Maybe Gurley needed some time to recover from that long TD run.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2014, 5:24 PM

> idiot. I didn't write that Clemson was jamming the
> line solely against Todd Gurley. But the DL was
> having some success stopping their offense in the
> first half giving up only 14 points....and who knows?
> Maybe Gurley needed some time to recover from that
> long TD run.

OK, you have and are entitled to your opinion. Not sure why you have to call someone an idiot though. Lack of imagination, vocabulary, something worthwhile to say...

Sep 1, 2014, 10:43 PM [ in reply to You were? ]

We'll see what the old drunk dials up for Gurley when yall play UGA. Have to be better than what he had dialed up for A&M.

Re: I doubt it, chickenboy....

Sep 1, 2014, 5:02 PM [ in reply to I doubt it, chickenboy.... ]

" Clemson was doing a fairly good job of jamming the line until the disastrous 4th Q"

Dear Lord. UGA had Two offensive TDs until the disastrous 4Q. It was a 3-point game. Clemson's offense was asleep, yet Georgia could not capitalize. Then the D could no longer hold up and UGA scored on pretty much 3 straight plays. If you don't get what happened, you don't want to.

I can't figure out

Sep 1, 2014, 5:12 PM

if you're agreeing with me or not....perhaps this post was meant for classless09??

Re: I doubt it, chickenboy....

Sep 1, 2014, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I doubt it, chickenboy.... ]

Unfortunately that is what happens to the defense of teams that run spread/fast paced offense. The spread is a two edged sword. It can light the score board up. It can also cause the D of the team using the spread to get lit up late in the game.

Re: Gurley ran the ball 4 times in the first half

Sep 1, 2014, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Gurley ran the ball 4 times in the first half ]

You think Gurley was the only RB that hurt us? We stopped the onslaught as long as we could. They scored 21 points in the last 8th of the game. They possessed the ball almost 20 minutes in the 2nd half. Those three TDs came in time they wouldn't have even had if we'd done ANYTHING on offense in the 2nd half.

If your to dumb to see that the Tiger defense was wore out..

Sep 1, 2014, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Gurley ran the ball 4 times in the first half ]

....with the offense unable to pick up a first down you need to give watching football up. I watched both games and USuCk was outclassed from snap 1, Clemson was in that game til half way through the 4th when it was obvious the D was wore down. I will tell you one thing in my 34 years of living I have never not one time clicked on one Gamecock site and find it funny that even after the miraculous 5 year run y'all have had Clemson is still one of the first things on your mind. Look at the first half stats Clemson dominated Georgia that can't be said with USuCk, a freshman craved y'all up from the get go. If I was a Gamecock fan I would be more worried about whether this run you have been on is coming to a screaming halt and not the last 8 minutes of the Clemson game. Talent don't mean anything without the coaches making the right call Gamecock fans more than anyone should know that, heck y'all have beaten a more talented team in Clemson the past 5 years. Clemson missed more tackles in one game then I have seen since the Steele era and to me that equals fatigue. Take a look its in the film stupid players were there they got arms on them but couldn't wrap up or take them down but I ### sure don't have to defend my team to a fan base whose crowning achievement is a 1969 ACC Championship....

Looks like I called the players stupid should have used a...

Sep 1, 2014, 5:04 PM

....comma

Re: Neither Clemson not Carolina got out coached

Sep 1, 2014, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Neither Clemson not Carolina got out coached ]

The old drunk ball sack said you coots got out coached. Guess he should know.

I like. Dabo so I guess I'm a pumper. And no, I was ready

Sep 1, 2014, 3:07 PM

For Bowden to move on several years before he did.

Re: I like. Dabo so I guess I'm a pumper. And no, I was ready

Sep 1, 2014, 3:11 PM

I like Dabo/Chad/Brent as well. Like them a lot. But I'm willing to question them from time to time so am I a dumper?

No. It's ok to question coaching. Dumpers do it non stop***

Sep 1, 2014, 3:13 PM

Nope: Everyone questions play calls at times...

Sep 1, 2014, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I like. Dabo so I guess I'm a pumper. And no, I was ready ]

Normal fan: Why did Dabo call that play?

Dumper: Why is Dabo on the sidelines to call that play?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope: Everyone questions play calls at times...

Sep 1, 2014, 4:30 PM

Normal fan: Why did Dabo call that play?

Pumper: Why do you want to FIRE Dabo??? Blame the player, he's the one who threw the INT!

Sep 1, 2014, 3:11 PM

I think it's time we fire Bowden!!!

A question for the Dumpers,

Sep 1, 2014, 3:16 PM

Are you the same Dumpers that wanted to fire Dabo after 2010?

I'm a pumper. Proud to be a Clemson pumper. Make no

Sep 1, 2014, 3:45 PM

apologies and could care less what you dumpers think. Go Clemson and go players and coaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, pumpers are here win or lose while dumpers only

Sep 1, 2014, 3:48 PM

after a loss.

ugh!!

Sep 1, 2014, 5:42 PM [ in reply to I'm a pumper. Proud to be a Clemson pumper. Make no ]

either you care as you stated....or you could NOT care less. When will people figure that one out??

A question for you...

Sep 1, 2014, 3:54 PM

We lost to UGA. So do we now need to fire Dabo? Morris? Venables? Who?

Who is the coach waiting in the wings you're dying to hire??

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I'm a pumper for the Clemson Tigers. Yes, even for Hootie,

Sep 1, 2014, 3:56 PM

Red, Tommy W, Tommy B, and even Ken(that hurt) because I love anything Clemson. Yes, it was better with Frank, Charlie, Danny(much better),and Dabo, but first and foremost be a Tiger. If that makes me a thumper, SO BE IT!

Re: I'm a pumper for the Clemson Tigers. Yes, even for Hootie,

Sep 1, 2014, 4:02 PM

Agree 1000% go Tigers!

I'm not sure which one I am

Sep 1, 2014, 4:03 PM

Pumper, dumper, thumper.....hmmmmm

I'll have to think on that.

Define a pumper? I'm not sure those that still have hope

Sep 1, 2014, 4:34 PM

after losing one game, season opener on the road should be considered pumpers but whatever helps you vent I guess...

Re: Define a pumper? I'm not sure those that still have hope

Sep 1, 2014, 4:45 PM

My experience is a pumper always excuses the coach and blames the player.

Lose a game and it's back to pumpers and dumpers. Sheesh.***

Sep 1, 2014, 5:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Sep 1, 2014, 5:18 PM

I was sick to the core of Tommy Boy in 2005 . I think Terry Don was too. I actually posted on here after the Wake game to get rid of Bowden and hire Dabo then. I also stated that the longer we kept TB , Spurrier would start building a program down there and about 800 mfers on here laughed at me . Some said " relax ,cause TB aint going nowhere " . .....Thank you Dabo for bringing football back to CLEMSON!!!

Sep 1, 2014, 5:22 PM

despite this being a stupid post, the one thing Coach Bowden did that he couldn't shake was regularly losing to teams he should have beaten....Wake Forest and Duke being prime examples. But annually it seemed, the Tigers would drop one they should have won. After one momentous Tiger loss to the Deacs, it finally caught up with him.

I don't remember a Swinney coached Tiger team losing one of those....these last few years, the Tigers have only lost to ranked teams---but they've beaten some too.

I confess.

Sep 1, 2014, 6:44 PM

I would have fired TB years before he screwed Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like to think of you dumpers...

Sep 1, 2014, 8:20 PM

Every time I take one. So many similarities. Wish T-net had a flush handle

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2014, 9:43 PM

No.

Now go away. Your post makes you sound like a fool.

Sep 2, 2014, 12:12 AM

I wanted to fire Bowden before he coached his first game. Too bad he didn't like to celebrate like Price at Alabama "It's rolling baby".

Of course I never liked the Tommy West hire either - maybe as a DC, but never as a HC. I never understood that hire. He destroyed UTC's program, and then CLEMSON bought out his contract and hired him. Idgits!!

I like Dabo just fine now, but I would have preferred to hire Urban Meyer. I really wanted us to go after him, but no - that's not the CLEMSON way of hiring coaches.

Just hope that Leggett hangs around a few more years. There's no telling who we will hire to replace him. And NO - it will NOT be an experienced coach so forget about it.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic