Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A possible reason Cole was in at 17-0....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

A possible reason Cole was in at 17-0....

Sep 28, 2014, 12:08 PM

And I guess the coaches could say ... or not.

Perhaps the coaches say something in DW's game. Maybe he was missing something in how UNC was setting their D or perhaps they were making adjustments and they wanted him to sit a series and look at it from that perspective. The guy is a freshman for goodness sakes, and I imagine could use some coaching.

So Cole goes in for a series while the coaches school DW. Did anyone watch him during Cole's series? Were the coaches talking with him or was he just sitting and sulking? Was he getting medical attention for that show he took on the previous TD pass?

Rather than spending you energy landblasting the coaches, how about looking for a reason that fits the situation, rather than your agenda?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats true so many times on here ! I agree !***

Sep 28, 2014, 12:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you're saying DW might not have been lying when he...

Sep 28, 2014, 12:13 PM

said he had to work harder to straighten our some problems he had?

Imagine that, a true freshman who needs a little motivation to max his skills.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think at the end of the game, Cole was in pretty

Sep 28, 2014, 12:15 PM

much exactly for why Chad Morris said he was: fear of injury. But in the first half, I think it may really have been "Let's see if we can give UNC a completely different look at QB so that their corners can't get used to one thing, and their linemen can't get used to one cadence." And really, if Stoudt had thrown a slightly better ball, he would have gotten a touchdown. That's the difference, by the way, between Watson and Stoudt. Stoudt is a perfectly serviceable quarterback, but he just doesn't have that extra zing that Watson has.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if the game was in hand,shouldn't an underclassman be

Sep 28, 2014, 2:25 PM

getting the playing time?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A possible reason Cole was in at 17-0....

Sep 28, 2014, 12:17 PM

Watson's last play before getting pulled was that 50 yard TD to Hopper where he hit him in stride with two defenders in his face. Doubt they coached him up after THAT play.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson took a pretty big hit and was slow to get up after

Sep 28, 2014, 12:18 PM

that series. I thought they put Cole in afterward to ensure that Watson was alright. Morris may have alluded to that in the interview by saying he "didn't want to get anyone hurt."

Yeah, he got laid out after that 2nd long pass to GHop***

Sep 28, 2014, 2:16 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after all the years on here, haven't you learned

Sep 28, 2014, 12:25 PM

that the experts on here are leaps and bounds better coaches and analysts than anybody who has ever set foot on the Clemson sidelines?

Have you ever seen the championship rings these TigerNet coaches wear and the hardware on display in their homes? These people KNOW what they are talking about!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These coaches had Cole Stoudt #1 on the depth chart

Sep 28, 2014, 2:08 PM

Clearly, there are a lot of personal issues going into selecting our quarterback. Cole's skill is no where close to Deshaun. The coaches need to realize this and play the better guy before we lose a game because we feel bad for Cole. Stop messing around. There was no reason for Cole to come in when Deshaun was jumping all over UNC. This offense is based a lot on rhythm, so why take out our drummer to put in Nickelback? I don't get it. We had to settle for a field goal that drive, which made it a two possession game for most of the game. Those 4 extra points were crucial to putting UNC away. Just wait until we get a team that plays the full 60 minutes and gets all the good breaks. Wake up people!

Sep 28, 2014, 12:38 PM

I love the coaches and grateful they are solid men and great coaches. BUT I would bet you $1,000 that DW was not removed from the game because he wasn't reading the D. i am certain they were giving Cole a shot because we were up 17-0. In hindsight I consider it a mistake but I don't get paid to make the calls, our coaches do.

Sep 28, 2014, 1:11 PM

Rev, my take, is if DW limps off the field you would want his replacement to have gained some good game experience.

Sep 28, 2014, 1:16 PM

well said Rev... sure agree

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think even the Lord would RD this

Sep 28, 2014, 2:37 PM

Thread haha

Sir! Quit making sense around here and

Sep 28, 2014, 2:13 PM

believing our coaches know how to.....well, coach. +1 Fantastic post!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2014, 2:28 PM

The coaches never put in Cole during Boyd's 1st year as a starter in 2011 in that situation, so I don't think they'd do it now.

Revdodd, i totally disagree with you

Sep 28, 2014, 2:34 PM

First of all, if they took him out to"coach" him then that is a big mistake. The time for showing him something that he is missing is in the tape room not in the middle of a game ruining the momentum which is everything in football. Also, DV was having a record breaking debut, obviously he wasn't "missing" much. Second, injury-wise, unless he can't walk or talk, you don't take him out of that game. It is obvious that the coaches feel obligated to play stoudt for some reason and that is why he was put in the game. Please stop trying to defend an obvious boneheaded move by the coaches. It just doesn't fly.

If I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time...

Sep 28, 2014, 2:40 PM

...And since I don't claim to be more than a youth league soccer coach, I can only see the series from what I might do. If I have a kid who could benefit from standing with him and saying "OK, here's what I'm talking about," and showing him with another player, then I'm gonna do it.

A true freshman with about four quarters of game experience may need the hand's on look from the sidelines. But, that's just me.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Revdodd, i totally disagree with you

Sep 28, 2014, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Revdodd, i totally disagree with you ]

It's quite possible we have already lost two games because of coaching decisions on what QB to play. No way to know for sure as games could have unfolded differently with Watspn at helm. And , I also like and appreciate Cole

I thought it was common knowledge that...

Sep 28, 2014, 2:37 PM

we ###### to put in the backup on the 4th or 5th series every game. It's never a controversy because it is scripted. What team are you guys following?

Furthermore

Sep 28, 2014, 2:40 PM

If the coaches pull that kind of crap against ncst next week or against any other decent team, the Tigers will definitely lose.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic