Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A possible destination for Chad Morris if he leaves IMO
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,871

A possible destination for Chad Morris if he leaves IMO

Jul 9, 2013, 10:47 PM

I haven't really heard this from anyone, but I think he would be in the running for the GT job and would take it if opens up and is offered. They just got a new AD. Who knows if he is a fan of the triple option (I doubt he is). Even though PJ makes a lot of money, if they get off to a poor start and finish weak as well, he'll get a lot of pressure from alumni to make a change. He'll probably be looking to make a splash and initiate a major facelift for the program with a drastic change in offensive philosophy. I could see that as being an ideal spot for The Chad in his first head gig.

The fear would be if he'd take some of our recruits with him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Morris' Offense wouldn't work at GT...

Jul 9, 2013, 10:52 PM

They don't have the right kind of athletes on staff for him to be successful right away. It wouldn't be smart for him to accept a job there.

If/when Morris leaves, it will be for a job in the state of TX.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: Morris' Offense wouldn't work at GT...

Jul 9, 2013, 11:13 PM

Probably should have read your response before posting mine

Re: Morris' Offense wouldn't work at GT...

Jul 9, 2013, 11:17 PM

And no matter what you think about morris "stealing" recruits, he's not going to get enough in 1 year to make a seed change.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Almost always, I find myself on the exact opposite side of

Jul 10, 2013, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Morris' Offense wouldn't work at GT... ]

the opinions you express. Not this one, however. I actually *gag* gave you a TU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Bad fit

Jul 9, 2013, 11:12 PM

It would take him years to get his type of player into ATL. By the time he got the guys he wanted, he would no longer be a hot. He will end up in the Texas area. Texas Tech would have been a nice fit, but I could see,if awake a sleeping giant like Texas, I am just not sure they would give him a chance without head coaching exp. He coached in Austin when we was at Lake Travis

Re: Bad fit

Jul 10, 2013, 6:32 AM

They did have Will Muschamp, a coach without any head coaching experience as their "coach in waiting" before he left for FL. Who knows if they would want Morris, but I'd bet he gets a good look from them

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

jeez, I have to start paying so I can downvote these things.

Jul 9, 2013, 11:14 PM

nm.

Re: jeez, I have to start paying so I can downvote these things.

Jul 9, 2013, 11:31 PM

Downvote someone's opinion just because you don't agree with it?

Seems like the way things should work.

God forbid someone discuss something out of someone else's comfort zone.

GT's problem is defense. They won't hire Morris to fix that.***

Jul 9, 2013, 11:31 PM

I think even Chad knows GT is not the place for him***

Jul 9, 2013, 11:40 PM

Re: I think even Chad knows GT is not the place for him***

Jul 10, 2013, 12:25 AM

If a&m called today he'd leave tomorrow. Nothing beats coaching at your alma mater.

Jul 10, 2013, 12:35 AM

If we are as good this yr as we expect....he will get offers. It should be expected.

Jul 10, 2013, 1:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I think even Chad knows GT is not the place for him*** ]

Yes, I think he'll wait and should wait for the A&M job. He doesn't want to take an Ark State job, just to back out of it in a year or two. That hurt Malzahn's rep a good bit.

Have you seen Georgia's Tech's campus? Devil's play

Jul 10, 2013, 8:03 AM

ground in shadows of ATL buildings..

He will eventually succeed Mac Brown

Jul 10, 2013, 8:17 AM

I really do feel his home is University of Texas, but I don't think he will go from CU to Longhorns. In the next year or three, I think he will go to Big 12 or may be even a SEC program lower tier school such as MSU or Kansas or even TCU. If Mac Brown steps down in some way, I bet Morris' name will come up!

As a Clemson fan, I'd like to have Morris as the Head Coach of our football team. Don't ask me why, but I think Dabo will succeed Saban at ALA!

Just my $0.02! Have a good one!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer CRAWDAD

Jul 10, 2013, 9:35 AM

were you aware that Chad Morris graduated from Texas A&M? Go to Texas?

Just sayin'

I want to see what he can do this season. Everybody seems to want to guess where he'll be in the future. I care about the present. Just win at Clemson.

Morris told Watson he would be here his entire 4 years if he

Jul 10, 2013, 8:18 AM

committed to Clemson. We'll see if he keeps his word.

Re: Morris told Watson he would be here his entire 4 years if he

Jul 10, 2013, 8:21 AM

He did not say that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Jul 10, 2013, 8:38 AM

but he said he is not going anywhere until his kids finish high school. and no way Morris goes to GT and no way Bama goes after Dabo.

Jul 10, 2013, 9:29 AM

He said that with the investment Clemson is making in him and his family it is going to take an ideal situation for him to move. i.e. Head Coach, Lots of money for him and staff, commitment to invest money in football program.

He has made no bones about wanting to be a head coach so if UT, OK, OKie ST, A&M, or maybe Texas tech come calling then he is gone.

other very select schools in the other leagues may be candidates too.

Its unlikely that he will go anywhere in the next few years but there are no guarantees. And this is exactly what he tells prospects. ( not the schools part, the no guarantees part)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Nope

Jul 10, 2013, 8:21 AM

Compare Clemson to Atlanta...Won't happen.

Re: A possible destination for Chad Morris if he leaves IMO

Jul 10, 2013, 8:50 AM

SEC school.
Vandy if James Franklin leaves, Mizzou if Gary pinkel leaves, miss st if Starkville gets tired of Dan Mullen

My opinion is...

Jul 10, 2013, 11:08 AM

that the HUNH will become the offensive scheme of the future which will make Chad a much sought after coach. The fans love the action as much as they love baseball's homerun. The game will change. I'm not saying that like it's something bad or something good either.

Chad is a beginner in college football, only being involved for a few years. Soon, two or three more years and he'll graduate to HCing and perhaps someday the pros will come calling.

I think everyone will want him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A possible destination for Chad Morris if he leaves IMO

Jul 10, 2013, 12:04 PM

IF GT came open and IF GT wanted Chad, it would be an opportunity he couldn't turn down (unless UTx or A&M were available). GT is a major job, in a major conference in one of the best recruiting states in the county. He may have a year or so of transition w/ triple option personnel to HUNH, but that's the case where ever he goes. He had to transition at Clemson too.

People need to take w/ a grain of salt what he may have said about his daughter or to Watson, because he does need to look out for what in his family's overall best interest. I'd think less of him if he didn't. And for those of you that dismiss certain schools like GT as losing schools, you don't understand that good coaches aren't pessimist. They see the opportunity to win. And if they didn't, you don't want them as your coach.

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,871
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic