Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A month ago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

A month ago

Mar 4, 2020, 11:08 AM

Even the most optimistic of us would not have said that the Tigers ‘could’ make the big dance. Even with several top notch wins the idea in still making the tournament is far fetched! But, it’s possible. I’m anxious to see how this Tiger team responds to the intense pressure of tonites game. A top five finish in the league is still a possibility. Who would have predicted that. Certainly not me!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A month ago

Mar 4, 2020, 11:14 AM

true. I am always happy for any finish in top half of league. Given the poor start and early injuries they have come a long way. I want us to finish ahead of State and ND at the very least. I'd love to see us win the last 2 reg season games

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can thank me...I stopped watching entire games and

Mar 4, 2020, 11:25 AM

just keep up with live stats/twitter (I do DVR the games). If close at the end I tune in to the last minute or so. It has worked out pretty well for the most part. Who knew I had such power.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can thank me...I stopped watching entire games and

Mar 4, 2020, 11:28 AM

I watch entire games but leave the room when a certain some foes to the foul line to do what ever he does there late in games. Hint -it isnt making ft's.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2020, 11:26 AM

I think that they will play well tonight; more concerned about Friday's game with only two days rest.

Mar 4, 2020, 12:01 PM

I think that they will play well tonight; more concerned about Friday's game with only two days rest.

I would be but Ga. Tech plays tonight also and has the same turnaround so think we will be ready.

Mar 4, 2020, 1:15 PM

Oh; I did not realize that - evens things out!

Mar 4, 2020, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: A month ago ]

The Tigers seem to play best without a long layover between games.

A great movie title for this team would be

Mar 4, 2020, 11:41 AM

"The Pit and the Pendulum". Just when you write them off, they win a big game.

Then, just when you start to believe, we lose to a team we should easily handle, yet again.

Welcome to basketball's version of "The Tommy Bowden Chronicles".

ps,

If we follow the normal s-cript, we lose to the Hoagies tonight. Say it ain't so......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A great movie title for this team would be

Mar 4, 2020, 1:10 PM

like the hoagies moniker.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I remember looking at our January schedule and wondering

Mar 4, 2020, 11:43 AM

how the heck we'd even win more than 1 game that month after going 1-6 from the Colorado game through the Miami game in Nov/Dec. Tonight is a huge game being mid-week on the road. But man, win the next 2 to get to 17-13 and we are poised to make the tournament. Win a couple of ACCT games and I have to think we're there.

Regardless of whether we make it or not, this has been a remarkable turnaround and tremendous coaching job by Brad. And if we go from being 6-7 at the end of December with some of the bad losses we had to making the tournament with wins at UNC, vs Duke, vs Louisville and vs FSU in a rebuilding year with really low expectations...it's an all-time great coaching job. Not just all-time great at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I remember looking at our January schedule and wondering

Mar 4, 2020, 11:50 AM

Good post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we win out & win 1 ACCT game we will be on bubble

Mar 4, 2020, 12:00 PM [ in reply to I remember looking at our January schedule and wondering ]

I believe if we win 2 ACCT games I think we will be solidly in cause it would add a win against a tournament team like UVA, Duke, FSU, or Louisville.

We would have 19 wins with key regular season wins vs #10 Louisville, #7FSU, and #12Duke along with our Colgate win. It would also include an additional key win against one of the above or UVA depending on who we played in ACCT 2nd game. This would put us finishing the season on a 8-2 run with wins against FSU, Louisville, and whomever we played in 2nd ACCT game.

I agree completely that the

Mar 4, 2020, 12:04 PM

Colgate win is a huge bullet point on the resume. They were the consensus #1 team in the nation when we beat them and most sports writers were calling them the best mid major team in the history of the ultraverse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic