Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A lot of you tnet posters have given me a lot to think about
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

A lot of you tnet posters have given me a lot to think about

Jan 2, 2018, 8:14 AM

There is definitely something not right in Clemson and Dabo better figure it out.

Seven straight 10 win seasons, 4 ACC championships (3 consecutive), made CFP the last 3 years (1 of the 4 best teams in the nation).

Dabo has easily eclipsed what Danny Ford did during the "glory days" of Clemson, and it doesn't appear that we will be going backward any time soon.

I HATE losing. Last night, Nick, the machine and his dumber-than-a-box-of-rocks brigade came ready to revenge a loss from last year. They had an extra week to prepare and heal. Not only did they have the revenge factor to feed off of, but they got to hear over and over and over how Clemson was the most complete team in America from the talking heads on sports TV, the internet, and social media.

On top of that, they have been practicing in the shadow of their last game being a loss to their rival, which kept them out of the SEC championship and their quest for a perfect season. Our last game was a complete beat down of the resurgent U. We were impressive and have pretty much been rolling along since our wake-up call loss at Syracuse.

Alabama was ready to play. But, despite the rantings of the message board, XBOX gurus, so were the Tigers. Alabama smashed us in the mouth, and our OL could not block them with any consistency. We did not help ourselves with the play calling (for 90% of the game), this is true. But there was nothing wrong with Dabo's preparation of this team. And Kelly Bryant was the Kelly Bryant we've seen all year. The same one that we have been winning with. Inconsistent, but not the reason we lost last night.

I thought our FG kicking would kill us. It didn't. Coverage on special teams was excellent. Defense was pretty stout, especially with the position that the anemic offense put them in. Turnover margin was only 2-1 in Bama's favor. I also loved our fight. Despite being overmatched all night, the guys didn't lay down. They never quit.

We lost because we were not able to scheme to take the pressure that Bama's front 7 brought to allow anything to work offensively. We helped neither Bryant nor the OL by our playcalling, which we amazingly seemed to figure out in the last drive, about 55 minutes too late. That is on the OC's. Field position was also huge all night.

So for the Chicken Littles - most likely recent additions to the fan base - nothing was wrong with the way the team was prepared. Nothing wrong with their intensity. And nothing wrong with Dabo's leadership (although he is ultimately responsible for the OCs).

We simply got outplayed by a machine. And that, while I HATE to lose, is acceptable in light of what Dabo has done and what he is obviously continuing to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic