Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A lot of you have Tmalied me about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,750

A lot of you have Tmalied me about

Dec 16, 2016, 2:07 PM

advice making your very own slide(just like the one in the new football complex) for your homes. After a lot of research and some bids from local contractors I decided to build my own and save a few bucks. For those that are interested, I have instructions and some do's and don'ts listed below.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED
1 large refrigerator box
1 roll of packing tape
1 tape measure
1 box cutter
1 12 foot ladder
the desire to have lots of fun in your home

Start by measuring your staircase in your home, mine was 16 feet long x3 feet wide.
you will need to cut the refrigerator box and tape the pieces together to meet the dimensions of your home's staircase, adding 1 foot to secure it in place. Fold each side along the longest length 6" to form a lip, Use remaining packing tape to fasten the box to each wall next to the stairs.

Your slide should look like the example below

Lastly, you will need to find an open window on the second floor and place the ladder below it. climbing up the slide is not recommended. See example.

Complete assemply time was 3 days, we chose safety and durability over rushing through this home improvement project.

Total Cost, 900$ including refrigerator, 120$ if you already have a refrigerator box.

******Do's and Don'ts******

DO remove your to tool belt before using slide
DO place lots of pillows and blankets at the bottom for a soft landing.
DO NOT bring a hose into your home and make this into a water slide, you will have to take my word on this.
DO expect to impress friends and relatives, you home will be a popular destination.
Do NOT use cheap materials like empty pizza boxes and scotch tape, you will be sorry.
DO expect to have lots of fun with you new slide!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for sharing. I swapped the cardboard with

Dec 16, 2016, 2:20 PM

mahogany. Turned out really well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Thanks for sharing. I swapped the cardboard with

Dec 16, 2016, 2:23 PM

very nice, I see you also solved the problem of getting back up stairs without a ladder.

Re: Thanks for sharing. I swapped the cardboard with

Dec 16, 2016, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Thanks for sharing. I swapped the cardboard with ]

gosh FM - you sure are doing quite well for yourself. latex sales more lucrative than i imagined

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Each 'customer' is required to purchase... Legal loophole.***

Dec 16, 2016, 2:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1 tmail does not constitute "a lot"

Dec 16, 2016, 2:21 PM

HTH

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1 tmail does not constitute "a lot"

Dec 16, 2016, 2:24 PM

I would not expect much fun happens in your house.

Space mountain is 60 minutes of fun at my house daddy

Dec 16, 2016, 2:38 PM

Wooooooooooooo

Re: Space mountain is 60 minutes of fun at my house daddy

Dec 16, 2016, 3:08 PM

why is this weirdo calling everyone "daddy".

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Dec 16, 2016, 3:19 PM

I figure he's been watching classic wrasslin

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2016, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Space mountain is 60 minutes of fun at my house daddy ]

thinking the same thing - but it would explain a lot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Any advice for those who don't have stairs in their

Dec 16, 2016, 2:26 PM

Double wide? Asking for my friends.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have a roof, don't ya?***

Dec 16, 2016, 2:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Most of the time. You're right, tarp makes a

Dec 16, 2016, 2:44 PM

Great slide.

Re: Most of the time. You're right, tarp makes a

Dec 16, 2016, 2:48 PM

if you'll look out front door, there should be an abandoned fridge you could use as a ramp. if you are into water play, i'm sure there is a toilet right next to fridge. fill with water and enjoy!

That's amazing. Have you been to my house?

Dec 16, 2016, 5:57 PM

What did you think about our red solo cup reindeer nose on my styrofoam deer target. Looks just like Rudolph doesn't it?

i wish i would have read the do's and don'ts first

Dec 16, 2016, 2:27 PM

not sure how to remove the level stuck in my biscuits

That's Nice, But

Dec 16, 2016, 2:39 PM

if you were really on your game you would have included the upper length of stairs and the landing in your slide. Sort of like a luge or bobsled track. Just think how much fun your children would have going around the turn in the landing.

What about the Staples

Dec 16, 2016, 3:12 PM

Not good to have them sticking up.

How about some of that Griswold commercial grade

Dec 16, 2016, 3:17 PM

Super lubricant for that slide? You are of course insured through your employer?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A lot of you have Tmalied me about

Dec 16, 2016, 6:55 PM

Don't want to burst your bubble but my 4 year old son designed and built one of these mid 1970s. He solved the need for the ladder by shinny-ing up the hand rails.

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,750
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic