Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A lot of people say this program is on the edge of greatness
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,647

A lot of people say this program is on the edge of greatness

Jan 23, 2013, 10:50 PM

I know this will get me flamed, but come on people were are already at a great great time in our program.
10-4 ACC Champs followed by 11-2 Division co-champs. Just beat LSU. 21 wins in two years, 3 division titles in 4 years. I aim for a national title just like everyone else, but honestly, I'd take 10 and 11 win seasons all day long.

I know lost four straight to SC. But SC has beaten UGA 3 of 4, Nebraska last year, Michigan this year. This is the peak of their entire history.

Do you know that LSU had Bama on the ropes for a second straight regular season win. Bama won 21-17, but earlier LSU missed a short field goal to go up 20-14. If they make that earlier in the game, Bama beats them by one just like us.

We all want another national title, or to play for one. That could happen. Until then, I will take 10 and 11 win seasons gladly. I don't think we are on the edge of anything. I think we are a great program right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A lot of people say this program is on the edge of greatness

Jan 24, 2013, 5:32 AM

When most people on here talk about greatness
they are talking about going undefeated and winning the NC.
If that is being on the edge of greatness we are nowhere near that,
But like you winning a conference title,going 10-2 maybe getting back to one of the BCS Bowls( Sugar/Orange/Rose/Fiesta)then that is a pretty good program.
It would take an almost perfect season for a Clemson to play for a NC.A 11-1 Clemson team will most likey get snubbed by a 11-1 Bama,or Oregon,or K.State just because of the conference we play in.
Give me 10-2,11-1 get back to beating the coots and then a good bowl win against a quality program,well most Neters would take that.You would also most likey begin and end each year top 10.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A lot of people say this program is on the edge of greatness

Jan 24, 2013, 7:11 AM

A 11-1 Clemson will play for the national championship in the 2014 season.

One year would be the edge of greatness.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,647
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic