Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A little tired of the "I supported Dabo" posts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

A little tired of the "I supported Dabo" posts

Jan 15, 2017, 9:25 AM

Where were you all in 2008-2011 when just a few of us were vocally preaching patience and getting beat down for it?

Where were you when the billboard fiasco came up?

Where were you when the most vocal detractors slandered and insulted Dabo and TDP several times per day?

Church mice maybe?

I see several taking credit for "supporting" Dabo, first as interim coach, then after he was named head coach. But of those crowing about it, I remember none of you actually fighting that daily grind on here that ultimately led me and others to spend less time on Tnet.

My satisfaction with Dabo came long before this National Championship and, as I said then, 20 yrs from now, Dabo will still be the head coach at Clemson with multiple championships. His DNA showed us from the moment he made Zimmerman run back out on the field and sprint back when he walked off after a punt that he was the perfect coach to lead us to the promised land. That GT game during his interim season, even in a loss, showed some of us what we were in for.

Enjoy this championship regardless. Its all made sweeter by beating Bama after losing to them last year.

#ThreeMatch anyone?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I support CLEMSON

Jan 15, 2017, 9:28 AM

EVERY day. Instead of asking me to prove that via my posts on an athletic message board, take a look at my diploma, my checkbook, my kids...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I support CLEMSON

Jan 15, 2017, 2:22 PM

Outstanding post, dsgriff, just outstanding!! You hit the nail directly on the head.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A little tired of the "I supported Dabo" posts

Jan 15, 2017, 9:28 AM

So you are tired of all the "I supported Dabo" posts but then you went and made a "I supported Dabo" post. Gotcha.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2017, 2:23 PM

Another outstanding post. You folks are on today!!! Go Tigers!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was always vocal and I always knew Dabo would get it done.

Jan 15, 2017, 9:30 AM

It was just a matter of recruiting and time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's my post from 2010 supporting Dabo. Was and still All In.

Jan 15, 2017, 9:30 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=8609362#8609362

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol @ clueless09's post there.***

Jan 15, 2017, 9:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

your memory is different than mine

Jan 15, 2017, 9:32 AM

What I remember is that most Clemson fans were happy Dabo was hired and supported him. Even in his second year, it was obvious things were in place to get much better.

But congratulations anyway, you clearly are better than those people and they need to be put in their place. You seem the perfect person to do it. Please back up your accusations with facts for old fartts like me with bad memories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of the negativity centered around the loss to USF.***

Jan 15, 2017, 9:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: your memory is different than mine

Jan 15, 2017, 9:38 AM [ in reply to your memory is different than mine ]

Randy Travis wrote a song called Digging up Bones , you should listen to the words .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh come on... 3/4 of TNET had never heard of Dabo

Jan 15, 2017, 10:08 AM [ in reply to your memory is different than mine ]

when he was hired

and the list of possibles put forth on here to replace Bowden

was long and notably full of questionable characters:

Friedgen and Leach come to mind immediately.

Not saying they can't enjoy this Natty too,

but there's a whole bunch of Clemson fans -

the more than 50% who didn't support the hire -

who should be thanking their lucky stars that none of them was our AD at the time.

I recall the same as you.

Jan 15, 2017, 10:16 AM [ in reply to your memory is different than mine ]

Most people liked the hire. The complainers were the minority.

Re: your memory is different than mine

Jan 15, 2017, 2:27 PM [ in reply to your memory is different than mine ]

Hall of Fame Post!!!

I will definitely need proof from anyone who...

Jan 15, 2017, 9:59 AM

Says they knew this was coming. If I can recall, I was hopefully optimistic when we hired him. I didn't think there were any sure things as coaches we passed up at the time. I felt he was worth a shot. However, I have been critical of him at times, especially during the South Carolina losing streak.

Dabo is a rare leader. He has made mistakes along the way, but it seems every time he has followed that up by correcting it. From th embarrassing Orange Bowl loss to this year's NC.

Last year we lost because we were out coached. Dabo and staff out coached the Sabin machine this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When did you know it was a great hire?

Jan 15, 2017, 10:19 AM

When we signed Boyd?

As I said I liked him from the get go....

Jan 15, 2017, 12:11 PM

I was impressed by the people he put around him immediately. When he fired Steele and brought in Venables I knew we were on our way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. Me too. *****

Jan 15, 2017, 12:45 PM

Yeah, uh, I couldn't include myself in such a category.

Jan 15, 2017, 12:20 PM [ in reply to I will definitely need proof from anyone who... ]

I loved young Dabo and defended him, but he coached for years before I dreamed he's be this good. The most stunning thing about Dabo is his direction and how he charts a path to a certain destination. Not to say I don't believe he's fated or lucky sometimes. I think his faith reflects that.

Dabo is a lot nearer to genius than he is to average.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My personal opinion....

Jan 15, 2017, 12:43 PM

He is a fantastic leader. God has given him a platform. As long as he continues to use it the way he has, he will keep it.

Jan 15, 2017, 10:12 AM

I'd love to see any posts or literature that shows how supportive you were in 2008 when they promoted our 40 year old WR coach to head coach .
I know I had huge doubts internally but I kept my nerve and waited .
Just seems slightly pompous to call people out in an " I told you so " post that chides them for now recognizing his achievements .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 15, 2017, 2:28 PM

Thumbs Up for you, Tigerdug23!!

Here was a post of mine from 2008 about Dabo...

Jan 15, 2017, 10:36 AM

This was while he was still the interim coach, before he became a "permanent" hire. Note there was a big push by many at the time that we hire a "big name" with a proven track record, and many right here in Tiger nation scoffed at the thought of hiring someone like Dabo instead of a "proven winner". It's almost hilarious now, but some were really high on Muschamp at the time!

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=620350

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

And I'll do you one better than that . . .

Jan 15, 2017, 10:54 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=11&threadID=445148&messageID=4976346#4976346

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

And

Jan 15, 2017, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Here was a post of mine from 2008 about Dabo... ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=636571

- H. L. Mencken

Jan 15, 2017, 11:05 AM

What do you want a cookie?

Didn't you know....

Jan 15, 2017, 11:05 AM

"...Success has a 1000 fathers while failure is an orphan." Live in the moment and don't judgingly and piously look back. Dabo has forgiven and moved forward you should follow his lead.

What?!? Who surely doesn't miss the

Jan 15, 2017, 11:09 AM

Gary Patterson posts and my personal favorite being a Steelers fan which was "Pssss, I hear Bill Cowher is giving us a look!" Go Tigers! Praise Dabo!

I wasn't a Tnetter in '08.

Jan 15, 2017, 12:13 PM

Records show that I joined here in 09. The only thing I've ever said to criticize Dabo was that due to youth he didn't know how to control team emotions. If I said this today I'd be wrong.

When Dabo first started head coaching he produced teams that were young, I explained. For the first few years we'd field a team that went from believing it couldn't lose to a team that believed it couldn't win. Radical changes in emotions occurred during a single game. I made this statement fewer times than the number of fingers on one hand. I only have five finger on either hand. If you think back you'll remember when one play seemed to let the wind out of our sails.

Even today current pulse rates are indicative of how we supported Dabo. Old time pumper like me gathered and maintained good rates. Dumpers' pulses took it on the chin. We didn't bail because of the chit we took from the likes of those who read and believed everything that ShakinTheSouthland printed then came here and regurgitated them as original thought.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, the vast majority here unconditionally support

Jan 15, 2017, 12:50 PM

every coach and every decision they make no matter what, so it's not really that much of an accomplishment to say you supported Dabo way back when.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic