Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Travis Etienne: Louisiana speedster ready to get to work in Clemson's offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Travis Etienne: Louisiana speedster ready to get to work in Clemson's offense

Jun 21, 2017, 2:06 PM

Travis Etienne: Louisiana speedster ready to get to work in Clemson's offense

Travis Etienne was the lone running back in the 2017 recruiting cycle, and he finally hits campus later this week when he moves in and starts classes. He’s coming in ready to get to work. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Travis Etienne: Louisiana speedster ready to get to work in Clemson's offense

Jun 21, 2017, 2:18 PM

:)

This is why I haven't obsessed like everyone over Zamir

Jun 21, 2017, 2:50 PM

White. We got T on campus in a few days and I really think this guy is going to light it up. He can catch the ball. Sheds tacklers but he also seems to be able to block as well.

I know they're highlights but he's played against some good defenses. Good speed and just appears to have that instinct in finding the blocking schemes.

Would be nice to have Zamir as a backup but imo T stays healthy, hits the weight room, learns the O, he's our starter the next few years. So what's he going to be: T h E Train.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is why I haven't obsessed like everyone over Zamir

Jun 21, 2017, 2:55 PM

did I add he's got cool shirts too !!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is why I haven't obsessed like everyone over Zamir

Jun 21, 2017, 3:00 PM [ in reply to This is why I haven't obsessed like everyone over Zamir ]

The E train runs from lower Manhattan out to Jamaica in Queens. But it will certainly do in Clemson for the next three years. All kidding aside, I have to believe the Tiger running game will be better this year with Kelly, Adam, CJ, Tevian, and Ettienne. Certainly, the Oline has to rethink a few things and pick it up with their blocking. This will probably look a bit more like a Danny Ford team, with strong running, great defense and solid special teams. And outstanding coaching. :)

Re: New Story: Travis Etienne: Louisiana speedster ready to get to work in Clemson's offense

Jun 21, 2017, 2:58 PM

Long stride, looks effortless running the ball...a lot like Ronald Williams.

And he's a Metallica fan to boot.

Jun 21, 2017, 3:02 PM

That's got to be good, no?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And he's a Metallica fan to boot.

Jun 21, 2017, 3:14 PM

Probably just wearing that shirt because it's cool. Band t-shirts are in style again, and 95% of th time the person wearing the shirt never listens to the band on the shirt.

Great vision***

Jun 21, 2017, 3:19 PM

Re: Great vision***

Jun 21, 2017, 3:46 PM

Thanks. That's the word I was looking for. +1 ^^^^

Re: Great vision***

Jun 21, 2017, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Great vision*** ]

Vision is the best attribute I see him having also, and vision picking the right running lanes behind his blockers is always a must have to be a great RB. Anybody can run in an open field, but picking the right lanes from the LOS is most important.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2017, 3:19 PM

He separates from so many defenders with those long effortless strides. Is he really that fast? If so, Fuller and Feaster and Choice should expect a lot of competition as he learns the playbook.

It would be nice to see how well he blocks in some highlights. I remember Bellamy ran like lightning, but could not or would not learn to block for his teammates.

Great video of him running, but has he EVER had to BLOCK?

Jun 21, 2017, 3:38 PM

Not to downplay his potential for helping us this coming season, but unless he can pass protect, he will be a situational threat at best, just like Feaster was last season.

Re: Great video of him running, but has he EVER had to BLOCK?

Jun 21, 2017, 3:49 PM

Sad, but right now...Seems to be the only thing that matters.
Not that it's not important...it's just not everything.

If PT was always based on talent, Fuller would be 4th.

Re: Great video of him running, but has he EVER had to BLOCK?

Jun 21, 2017, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Great video of him running, but has he EVER had to BLOCK? ]

No, not downplaying at all because you're absolutely correct. There was a tape when he was recruited - want to say tigerwoods or bry etc posted it with him blocking and it was very impressive. I tried to find it but hopefully someone else knows where it was/is.

Man, is everyone just pumped about this season getting under way. I can't wait. Actually more excited this year than last year for some reason.

Nice runs but no blocking chores shown & what was caliber of foe?

Jun 21, 2017, 3:59 PM

Saying..Clemson has had scores of high school runners with that resume and what I can say is:

He's like 95% of RB's..no CJ Spiller!

Wish him the best and plenty of rice & shrimps!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice runs but no blocking chores shown & what was caliber of foe?

Jun 21, 2017, 8:04 PM

Wow, way to kill my buzz LBB! ??

But ur right, no CJ . He's once in a generation.

It was me. Here's the tape.

Jun 22, 2017, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Great video of him running, but has he EVER had to BLOCK? ]

Tremendous blocker. Kid is a complete back.

https://youtu.be/1vT_6MkLFVM

A little Marshall Faulk in there?***

Jun 21, 2017, 5:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2017, 6:05 PM

Every time I see this kids name I think of The Wizard of Oz. Aunt EM Aunt EM

Very impressed by young man's numbers & statements

Jun 21, 2017, 6:20 PM

Uncertain what level of competition he faced in rural LA, but his numbers pop off the page. He could be a real off-the-beaten recruiting path diamond in the rough. Welcome to Tiger Town TE! Glad you are now a Clemson Tiger!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2017, 7:07 PM

I got a feeling he is going to be a beast! Him and Fiester are going to be nasty in the back field prob next year unless he straight beast, I don't think he gets in over fuller or Fiester on 1st and 2nd string. Just depends wish him and Fiester would have enrolled early, that spring really helps. I feel like he will be like Fiester was last year for us.

Jun 21, 2017, 7:19 PM

I also don't know about competion or how much blocking he has learned/done but our coaching staff has a eye for guys like him the so called diamond in the rough though he had a commitable offer from LSU and other big programs so wasn't unknown. Fuller prob our starter was ranked 18th in SC alone he was like 700 overall. I also have personally seen the talent he played bc went to GHS and they played some of same teams we did though not same classes of course but only 2 years behind and the talent wasn't all that great in the state that year if you go back and see who was ahead of him!

Jun 21, 2017, 7:49 PM

When this kid announced his commitment in the shadows of LSU he said he was excited about playing in the real Death Valley. Gotta love that!!!

Jun 21, 2017, 8:07 PM

Yes you do and everyone says he's coming in ready to work. Dabo style is what I heard!!!!

With all this crootin going on

Jun 21, 2017, 9:49 PM

no wonder Dabo's always wearing a smile .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic