Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A little Insight into The Recruitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

A little Insight into The Recruitment

Dec 16, 2013, 10:21 PM

Two of his high school coaches had Ohio ties..Supposedly- Both were Transplanted From their native Ohio...Not Surprising that Ohio State was always in the catbird seat...Sometimes things do not appear as they seem..Give our coaches credit for making him take a hard look at US..We were fighting an Uphill battle from Day 1...That is All...

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At least he didn't go to the SEC

Dec 16, 2013, 10:30 PM

The SEC's public relations firm (a.k.a. ESPN) would go on and on about it for the next month.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN pumped urb and OSU as well until Auburn was up to 3.

Dec 16, 2013, 11:06 PM

Then OSU didn't play anybody.

Anybody who questions Dabo and his staff's ability to...

Dec 16, 2013, 11:01 PM

recruit just aren't paying attention. The fact that we're even in the running with some of these players is a feat in itself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And winning some of these battles. I try to understand

Dec 16, 2013, 11:28 PM

differing perspectives to see if I am off base, but this one I cannot comprehend. Beating Major Harriss of WVU to me was the start of the downfall of the Tiger's national prowess and the resurrection began in the final years under Bowden. Bowden brought us back to within reasonable chances against some of the titans of recruiting. Dabo is picking up where he left off and being quite effective. Now we are wondering why we missed the #1 guy last yr and Raekwan this year. I wonder what Tommy West and Ken Hatfield would be thinking reading all of this...

I know Urban was told no by Spiller over us(Chad Morris too) and wonder who else turned down the 2-time nat champion to be a Tiger. One of THE top recruiting states is GA and we are dominating there. I just don't understand what I am missing or what some others are seeing.

Well put...

Dec 16, 2013, 11:40 PM

I hate losing out on these top guys too, but you're right we win some of them.

Heck, i hate losing in anything...especially to the Gamecocks.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that one is getting old. Really, really old and should

Dec 16, 2013, 11:42 PM

not be tolerated.

Years ago when Tigernet was young and the Tigers weren't

Dec 16, 2013, 11:55 PM

very good, we beat usuck constantly in the midst of some psychotice up and down seasons--someone would invariably post the question: "Would you rather go 10-1 and LOSE to usuck or achieve that season's record 7-4 and beat usuck"

Well, that danged question found the reality rail into town.

We've had some bad losses to WVu, FlaSt, and then there's the "streak".....but the Tigers haven't lost to Wake or Duke or NCSt or Md like we were doing under the previous regime. 3 Consecutive 10 win seasons, Big Bowls, BCS Bowls, and we win some of those bowl games too---losing bowl games was another really bad habit Coach Bowden's teams had fallen into.

The result is: I hate the danged question. I want to win, beat big teams on a regular basis, continue winning ALL the games we're supposed to win, and beat the snot out of the chickens. Good bowl games will follow

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get by with nine or ten wins.

Dec 17, 2013, 2:41 AM

The truth is, I'd like to win them all at least once before I die. I wouldn't complain about two or three undefeated season in a row.

It would be two decades before the hens left the coop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The wound remains open.

Dec 17, 2013, 2:38 AM [ in reply to Well put... ]

Must you continue to shovel salt?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A little Insight into The Recruitment

Dec 17, 2013, 7:39 AM

some interview on rivals with his HS teammate (class of 2017, some DB that we've also offered) said the RM already knew for a while, and that the friend didn't want to say anything.

so, don't buy this last visit w/ Urban swayed him crap. RM identified OSU as a place he wanted to go, and committed there....happens all the time.

the folks we've lost out on nationally (Malone...UT home school, Kendall Fuller..bro's at VT....Nkemdiche...bro's at Ole Miss.... etc..) there's always a reason

don't think dabo or the staff is doing anything different or wrong. that Shadell Bell WR for '15 is a nationally regarded player with big time offers that Dabo and co got

recruiting nationally is fine. if anything i think has suffered a little, it's the instate stuff. but, the ties to USC are so strong for some of the HS coaches, if dabo can fill the void w/ players from NC-VA-FL-GA then we really don't lose out on anything

Re: A little Insight into The Recruitment

Dec 17, 2013, 8:13 AM

We need depth at WR and LT.Big concern moving forward.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic