Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A key figure in Mueller's report is linked to Russia.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

A key figure in Mueller's report is linked to Russia.

Jun 7, 2019, 12:50 PM

"In a key finding of the Mueller report, Ukrainian businessman Konstantin Kilimnik, who worked for Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, is tied to Russian intelligence..."

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/447394-key-figure-that-mueller-report-linked-to-russia-was-a-state-department

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A key figure in Mueller's report is linked to Russia.

Jun 7, 2019, 1:00 PM

Be sure to read the disclaimer under the title before you read this "news article"...

BY JOHN SOLOMON, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR —
THE VIEWS EXPRESSED BY CONTRIBUTORS ARE THEIR OWN AND NOT THE VIEW OF THE HILL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That doesn't mean it's not accurate.

Jun 7, 2019, 1:15 PM

I'm guessing you didn't read the report. John Solomon has been right about everything he's reported in the last two years. I've followed his reporting and seen him on TV several times. He never gives opinion. Even when the show's host speculates Solomon sticks with what he can prove and avoids voicing what he believes.

He is the best investigative reporter now, imo. There are others but no one digs for fact and truth like Solomon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol, libs gonna lib***

Jun 7, 2019, 1:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you saw a guy on Fox news that you liked.

Jun 7, 2019, 2:27 PM [ in reply to That doesn't mean it's not accurate. ]

wellll, thats a surprise. :) Solomon, wasn't he the editor in chief of the Washington Times, the conservative Moony conspiracy rag?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You shouldn't dismiss a report with the singular...

Jun 7, 2019, 3:04 PM

reason that it came from someone on the other side of the political isle. Facts have no political leaning. Would this report have been received differently if it had been seen on MSNBC or in the NYTs?

John Solomon is clearly a Trump homer

Jun 8, 2019, 12:43 PM [ in reply to That doesn't mean it's not accurate. ]

Other Solomon stories on thehill. Ton's of innuendo and unproven allegations.

Straight out of the Trump/Fox propaganda machine.

Articles by John Solomon

Adam Schiff, Glenn Simpson and their Forrest Gump-like encounter in Aspen
BY JOHN SOLOMON 02/07/19 05:46 PM EST

House Dems promise to end big-money influence, then run to special-interest receptions
BY JOHN SOLOMON 01/04/19 01:15 PM EST

Giuliani calls for Mueller to be investigated for destruction of FBI evidence
BY JOHN SOLOMON 12/27/18 09:07 AM EST

Comey’s ‘who cares?’ reply recalls ‘what difference?’ retort
BY JOHN SOLOMON 12/18/18 06:32 PM EST

Did Clinton Foundation mislead IRS? State filings raise the question
BY JOHN SOLOMON 12/11/18 06:24 PM EST

FBI email chain may provide most damning evidence of FISA abuses yet
BY JOHN SOLOMON 12/05/18 05:00 PM EST

Questions grow about FBI vetting of Christopher Steele’s Russia expertise
BY JOHN SOLOMON 11/19/18 07:29 PM EST

Blue wave crashed into Trump tsunami, giving America exactly what it wants
BY JOHN SOLOMON 11/07/18 09:05 AM EST

WHAT AMERICA'S THINKING
Michael Bloomberg, Exxon and the ethical pollution of buying justice
BY JOHN SOLOMON 10/25/18 06:16 PM EDT

A convenient omission? Trump campaign adviser denied collusion to FBI source early on
BY JOHN SOLOMON 10/23/18 06:01 PM EDT

Junket justice: How special interests pay to schmooze DOJ and FBI officials
BY JOHN SOLOMON 10/17/18 07:08 PM EDT

Former FBI lawyer: Plot to record, remove Trump not a joke
BY JOHN SOLOMON 10/09/18 05:59 AM EDT

Collusion bombshell: DNC lawyers met with FBI on Russia allegations before surveillance warrant
BY JOHN SOLOMON 10/03/18 10:02 PM EDT

Mr. President, tear down the wall hiding those FISA abuses
BY JOHN SOLOMON 09/27/18 06:05 PM EDT

FBI memos detail ‘partisan axes,’ secret conflicts behind the Russia election meddling assessment
BY JOHN SOLOMON 09/20/18 04:52 PM EDT

Trump slams Bush for ‘worst single mistake’ in U.S. history
BY JOHN SOLOMON AND BUCK SEXTON 09/19/18 02:54 PM EDT

READ: President Trump’s exclusive interview with Hill.TV

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That doesn't make him wrong.

Jun 8, 2019, 5:05 PM

We've come to the point where we decided on a man's integrity by the letter beside his name. That's wrong.

Re: That doesn't make him wrong.

Jun 8, 2019, 8:18 PM

We've come to the point where we decided on a man's integrity by the letter beside his name. That's wrong.

I agree with you, and that's not what I said.

My point is that you can judge a man's perspective by the body of his work.

He's clearly a Trump homer.

Which makes him no more credible than Don Lemon, clearly a Hillary homer.

The man barely gives his opinion.

Jun 9, 2019, 12:50 PM

He has reported little that he can't prove. The most outstanding difference between him and lemon is that lemon has been lying about a Russian/Trump conspiracy for two years now.

The entire left wing media has played you like a fiddle and you continue to resist the truth.

Re: SWEET!!!!

Jun 7, 2019, 2:38 PM

MAGA 2020

??

Did you read this article? So, because he didn't like the

Jun 7, 2019, 3:47 PM

way Kilimnik was described in a heavily redacted report and without having viewed underlying evidence, he impugns the full report and Mueller.

Then, at the end of the article, in an effort to establish a pattern of Mueller's "lack of credibility", he repeats a false claim that Trump personal attorney John Dowd made about how the Mueller Report portrayed a phone call he placed to Paul Manafort on Trump's behalf. That claim by Dowd was proven false with the release of the audio of the call yesterday. This article evidently hit just before the audio was released or he's being dishonest.

Not only do the "facts" not support the conclusion, the "fact" that he uses to support his "point" was refuted before he published this article.

This article is another weak attempt to impugn the special counsel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Micheal Flynn***

Jun 7, 2019, 3:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He reported that Mueller left out exculpatory evidence...

Jun 8, 2019, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Did you read this article? So, because he didn't like the ]

which contradicts his position that Trump used Manifort who used Kilimnik as a contact with Russia in efforts to collude and conspire to fix the election.

It was Mueller's and his crew's deception on America.

Re: He reported that Mueller left out exculpatory evidence...

Jun 8, 2019, 8:20 PM

Mueller didn't deceive anyone. He didn't interpret the facts, he merely revealed them.

Comey did the Reps a favor and re-investigated Hillary 11 days before the election. Yet Reps hate her.

Mueller did Trump a favor and stated publicly there was insufficient evidence to prosecute him or his campaign for conspiracy....yet the Reps hate him.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that Reps will hate whomever Trump tells them to hate.

Liar or incompetent, Felix.

Jun 9, 2019, 11:30 AM

Pick one because the information is right there in front of you. If an investigative reporter with limited access to information is able to find it why isn't someone who has no such restrictions not knowing it.

You had a common sense post, try applying that so you can see the obvious, friend. Mueller was deceptive for not providing a complete report. If you left information out of a report your boss would consider it a false report, quite akin to a lie.

If your children told you only half truths you'd know they didn't respect you enough to tell you the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I believe Mueller was nothing more than a swamp rat who was hired to be a front man for Andy Weissman who was working with the FBI throughout the FBI's initial investigation.

BTW, the information regarded Russian/Trump collusion/conspiracy. Mueller did conclude when he reported he found no evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. Elsewise, the congressional dems would be holding impeachment hearings already.

When it comes to light that Mueller knew in the first few months of the investigation that there was no collusion yet continued to investigate for another 18+ months what will you say? Like Strzok told Page, there's 'no there there.'

I know, Hannity...

Re: Liar or incompetent, Felix.

Jun 9, 2019, 12:37 PM

Pick one because the information is right there in front of you. If an investigative reporter with limited access to information is able to find it why isn't someone who has no such restrictions not knowing it.

You had a common sense post, try applying that so you can see the obvious, friend. Mueller was deceptive for not providing a complete report. If you left information out of a report your boss would consider it a false report, quite akin to a lie.

What did Mueller leave out of the report? To my knowledge all he left out was charging for obstruction.

If your children told you only half truths you'd know they didn't respect you enough to tell you the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I believe Mueller was nothing more than a swamp rat who was hired to be a front man for Andy Weissman who was working with the FBI throughout the FBI's initial investigation.
You mix the word 'truth' so easily with 'I believe'. There is no credible evidence for what you believe, only your desire to believe it. Why would a Republican Asst. AD, handpicked by Trump himself pic a 'front-man' for anyone. Particularly a past subordinate? One must remember that the Special Council's primary objective was to investigate if and to what extent Russia attempted to interfere in our electoral process. You know, the great Hoax. Show me evidence, not opinion or wishful thinking, real facts.

BTW, the information regarded Russian/Trump collusion/conspiracy. Mueller did conclude when he reported he found no evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. Elsewise, the congressional dems would be holding impeachment hearings already.
That is completely untrue. Mueller never said that, Trump, Hannity and Carlson said that. Mueller said he couldn't find "credible evidence for a conspiracy". Collusion is not found in the legal code. As a matter of fact, Mueller found 141 different contacts between Russian entities and the campaign/transition/family." Credible evidence for a conspiracy must include a quid pro quo between the 2 parties. Mueller could find none.

When it comes to light that Mueller knew in the first few months of the investigation that there was no collusion yet continued to investigate for another 18+ months what will you say? Like Strzok told Page, there's 'no there there.'

That, again, simply isn't true. It was impossible to investigate so many contacts, issues and leads in 'a few months'. What your suggesting is that Mueller, contrary to his own interests both personal and professional, out of the blue, perpetrated a massive fraud in return for ???

You can believe what you want my friend, but you'll just be believing what you want.

I know, Hannity...

Mueller excluded exculpatory evidence, Felix.

Jun 9, 2019, 12:47 PM

That's the entire point of the article. He was in a position to provide a report and recommendation to America via the justice system. He was a prosecutor just like those in the Watergate and Clinton impeachments. He had the same authority and he abused it.

Had he found a conspiracy he would have reported it. He did not and he intentionally omitted exculpatory evidence just as Andy Weissman did when he torture those ML accountants and lost a SCOTUS decision 0-9 which sent the case back to lower courts to be retried under law.

Weissman had people jailed for years who were later released because they were tried without justice. Weissman had worked with the FBI throughout the FBI investigation and spying on Trump's campaign. Mueller knew the day he hired Weissman, Strzok and Page exactly what evidence they had. He had the 302s and everything else at his fingertips and the exact people, Strzok and Page, who ran the FBI spying.

What part of obvious am I leaving out>

Re: Mueller excluded exculpatory evidence, Felix.

Jun 9, 2019, 1:00 PM

That's the entire point of the article. He was in a position to provide a report and recommendation to America via the justice system. He was a prosecutor just like those in the Watergate and Clinton impeachments. He had the same authority and he abused it.

Had he found a conspiracy he would have reported it. He did not and he intentionally omitted exculpatory evidence just as Andy Weissman did when he torture those ML accountants and lost a SCOTUS decision 0-9 which sent the case back to lower courts to be retried under law.

Weissman had people jailed for years who were later released because they were tried without justice. Weissman had worked with the FBI throughout the FBI investigation and spying on Trump's campaign. Mueller knew the day he hired Weissman, Strzok and Page exactly what evidence they had. He had the 302s and everything else at his fingertips and the exact people, Strzok and Page, who ran the FBI spying.

What part of obvious am I leaving out>

I don't have any idea what you're talking about. Who are the ML people? Which Supreme Court ruling are you talking about? How do you know what Mueller knew when he hired Weisman?

Again, you are free to believe what you want to believe, but I don't see any evidence that supports your conclusions. Further, there was no "spying" on Trump's campaign. Any reasonable person could easily see the reason for monitoring Page's contacts with Russian entities. Had he worked for Hillary's campaign, monitoring his activities would have been equally valid. It is important to remember, the FBI first began looking at Page in 2013. Facts are what matter, and it is a fact that Page himself wrote Aug.25, 2013 about himself, “Over the past half year, I have had the privilege to serve as an informal advisor to the staff of the Kremlin in preparation for their Presidency of the G-20 Summit next month, where energy issues will be a prominent point on the agenda.” Were the FBI not looking at this guy, there would be outrage.

Re: Mueller excluded exculpatory evidence, Felix.

Jun 9, 2019, 1:01 PM

https://www.justsecurity.org/46786/timeline-carter-pages-contacts-russia/

http://time.com/5132126/carter-page-russia-2013-letter/

Carter Page believed he was working for the CIA.

Jun 9, 2019, 1:35 PM

He was debriefed upon return from Russia and elsewhere many times over the years.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/03/31/carter_page_i_experienced_the_trump-russia_witch_hunt_first_hand_now_were_getting_the_real_truth.html

Author Anderson accounting.

Jun 9, 2019, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Mueller excluded exculpatory evidence, Felix. ]

I mistakenly referred to Merrill Lynch. My bad. Knowing that collusion to conspire wasn't on the table he dragged the investigation out by investigating anything and everything about those who were investigated by the FBI for 'colluding.' All he found were tax law breaking and process crimes of perjury. He created the circumstance for those process crimes but I'm not justifying lying under oath under any condition(s).

"... In the court's view, the instructions allowed the jury to convict Andersen without proving that the firm knew it had broken the law or that there had been a link to any official proceeding that prohibited the destruction of documents. The instructions were so vague that they "simply failed to convey the requisite consciousness of wrongdoing", Rehnquist wrote. "Indeed, it is striking how little culpability the instructions required." Rehnquist's opinion also expressed grave skepticism at the government's definition of "corrupt persuasion"—persuasion with an improper purpose even without knowing an act is unlawful. "Only persons conscious of wrongdoing can be said to 'knowingly corruptly persuade,' " he wrote."

There's enough of this puzzle to know the final picture looks like a witch hunt, a fraud and a lie on political opposition by many of those involved in the investigation and all of the intestigation's leaders.

Trump answered only the questions he was legally bound to answer. Mueller didn't have the stones to demand an in person testimony because that would have given Trump a voice in defending himself.

Re: Author Anderson accounting.

Jun 9, 2019, 1:57 PM

In the wind down of Enron, Arthur-Andersen shredded documents because it was about to be investigated by the SEC. The Supreme Court remanded the case back to lower court because the jury was improperly instructed.

That is hardly the makings of a witch hunt. Enron, if you'll recall, ripped off it's own employees and tons of investors. It's CEO and CFO went to prison.

"There's enough of this puzzle to know the final picture looks like a witch hunt, a fraud and a lie on political opposition by many of those involved in the investigation and all of the intestigation's leaders."

Translation, "I'm going to believe what I want to believe." Facts don't matter, real evidence doesn't matter, I'm going to choose to believe that educated, long time public servants are willing to throw their careers and reputations away rather than believe the facts they produce."

That is your right. But in so choosing, you abandon reason, precedent, facts, the law and the idea that if you can do it to others, then they can do it to you.

That is a dangerous way to view the world my friend.

I am biased, I freely admit it. My bias against Trump informs my arguments. But I still need to respect facts or the absence of same. You are different from most on the right in that you will entertain arguments that don't fit your view without getting personal. I respect that...and onward we trudge, together apart. :)

This is not about Enron.

Jun 9, 2019, 7:17 PM

It's about the accounting firm and a horrible travesty they suffered at the hand of a brutal prosecutor named Weissman who ruined the lives of many people in a corrupt prosecution. Justice was finally served when the SCOTUS sent the case back to lower courts to be done fairly by judges with suggestions to demand motive before they found someone guilty of obstruction of justice. Have you ever wondered why the case wasn't retried?

It has everything to do with the present attempts to remove Trump from office for obstruction of justice since there's no way to show obstruction of justice without proving beyond a reasonable doubt that the intent was to obstruct justice. In this case it was Weissman behind both the AA case and the Trump witchhunt.

Mueller is a pawn. I doubt they will ruin his retirement by going after him personally but if the dems drag him into the house to testify he will pisz in their cornflakes. He's not going to sacrifice his retirement check to satisfy their lust to get rid of Trump. He won't go past his report and he won't be giving them anything to charge the POTUS with that they don't already have. They have nothing.

Old news and is coming from Manafort's legal team:

Jun 7, 2019, 4:33 PM

https://www.apnews.com/f4e2a63dff68377424c3237622394834

Shouldn't you ask why Manafort is carrying water for Manafort's legal team?

*Solomon carrying water*

Jun 7, 2019, 4:34 PM

lol

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic