Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A helpful hint to anyone not caring about the rankings yet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

A helpful hint to anyone not caring about the rankings yet

Oct 18, 2015, 10:48 PM

You need to care.

You have bought into the money driven hype that the winner of the LSU versus FL game deserved to jump Clemson. But neither has really done that much except beat exceedingly over ranked SEC teams. The same logic will also be used at the end of the year with subtle nudges to one of several parallel routes to the playoffs pre-rigged for the SEC. So pretending not to give a rat's behind is foolish pure and simple.

Not to mention, eSECpn does not like to be scolded. Unbelievable how well Clemson recruits with an entire network continuously beating the drum against us.

By the way, I am very tired of being told I am making this stuff up. You would be better served to listen and watch a bit more closely and be somewhat less gullible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A helpful hint to anyone not caring about the rankings yet

Oct 18, 2015, 10:56 PM

Interesting, yet condescending at the same time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

Oct 18, 2015, 11:00 PM

Condescending, yet interesting at the same time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Condescension intended only if you are telling me I'm making

Oct 18, 2015, 11:07 PM

this up.

Condescending only to dissenters and others who are naive.

Oct 19, 2015, 5:31 AM [ in reply to Re: A helpful hint to anyone not caring about the rankings yet ]

I declared the POC to be a group of knowledgeable, capable folks with enough integrity to research and produce a fair and untainted poll for the playoffs last season. I was called naive which was the nicest thing said by those who didn't agree at the time. They were right. I was wrong. The first POC poll looked almost identical to the AP and Coaches polls.

By the end of bowl season the evidence that ESPiN controlled the rhetoric was "In Your Face," to coin a phrase.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2015, 10:58 PM

While true it's something outside of our control. Going online and complaining isn't as powerful as tuning out the sec. People either love or despise the sec, so you watch, and they get paid.

It's what they want, through the power of disneyesecspn.

Hard to catch the game in Los Angeles without watching***

Oct 18, 2015, 11:08 PM

Oct 18, 2015, 10:58 PM

So what do we do about it?

Just don't pretend not to notice. 50 people at my favorite

Oct 18, 2015, 11:00 PM

sports bar in Los Angeles agree with every word I have said.

Oct 18, 2015, 11:11 PM

We don't need to care because as long as Clemson keeps winning, they go to the playoff. Lose and we don't deserve to go to the playoff.

"We don't need to care because as long as Clemson keeps

Oct 18, 2015, 11:41 PM

We don't need to care because as long as Clemson keeps winning, they go to the playoff. Lose and we don't deserve to go to the playoff. YES!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a hint to you and everyone who feels like the op

Oct 18, 2015, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Re: A helpful hint to anyone not caring about the rankings yet ]

As of the last update, which was Oct the 12th, there were 6 teams ahead of Clemson in making the playoff odds. 2 have lost a game since then. The one undefeated sec team ahead of us has to play the other 2 sec teams ahead of us. One undefeated team ahead of us plays another team ahead of us. That leaves Clemson and Baylor. Win and we're in. Don't think too hard, it'll only confuse you.

Another excellent reply: "...Win and we are in!"

Oct 18, 2015, 11:58 PM

Relax LA "Tiger"!

YOU ARE MAKING MY POINT --- If everyone has one

Oct 19, 2015, 12:59 AM

loss, then why should Clemson be immediately discarded for having not won out? You do see the subtle bias that you are continuing to be controlled by, don't you?

You are being "controlled" by thinking you can control by

Oct 19, 2015, 9:11 AM

"caring" which is really anxiety - let go and LET GOD - PEACE CUZ!

So how do you explain...

Oct 19, 2015, 5:53 AM [ in reply to a hint to you and everyone who feels like the op ]

LSU and Utah jumping an undefeated Clemson in the polls.

I think if we win out we're in but we don't really control out fate. Utah is the key. If the B1G, Big 12 and PAC have undefeated conference champs and you actually believe that a one loss Bama will be left out then you, sir, have not focused one the short history of ESPiN's POC.

The only destiny we control is being left out, there are circumstances which will render Clemson left out in favor of a one loss team even if we win all our games.

ESPiN has set this up from the end of last year's bowl games 'establishing,' the ACC as the weakest power five conference and therefor the most undeserving of a PO seed.

Clemson's defense was questioned relentlessly. DW's was constantly viewed as fragile or frail. Clemson was never mentioned without those two question and our two OC situation after Morris, 'the best OC in the business,' exit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So how do you explain...

Oct 19, 2015, 6:36 AM

Well, if an undefeated Clemson is left out for Baylor, a team that has an out of conference SOS ranked as one of the lowest AND does not have a 13th Conference Championship game giving it a smaller and less stellar "body of work, " then Clemson has no choice but to just accept what " bone" they throw our way. We are penalized every single day because of our association with the percieved weakest conference in all of college football. Why is it percieved as the weakest? Because, in my opinion, The never ending, prevailing narrative from eSECpn is that the ACC is weak. It's hard to argue that when all the nation has heard from "the worldwide eader in sports" preseason polls and self serving narrative is the SEC is the greatest and most powerful and that this was the year for the ACC to be "left out" of the playoff. All that BEFORE A SINGLE GAME WAS PLAYED!!! Again, we are a small, proud school and there is little we can singularly do to fight the cacophony that is the predetermined blabber from eSECpn.

The ACC's "perceived" weakness could have something

Oct 19, 2015, 7:34 AM

to do with their 15 non-conference losses, most among any of the the Power 5.

How could ESPiN have known that 9 months ago...

Oct 19, 2015, 8:24 AM

when they started saying the ACC will be the team left out of the playoffs this season. BTW, that's the first time I've seen that stat and I miss nothing on ESPiN so I know they remain unaware of it.

How do you think others know about it with ESPiN being in the dark on stats which support it's own tired rhetoric?

the same way they knew Allbarn would win the SEC this year.

Oct 19, 2015, 9:03 AM

Just cram half the SEC into the pre-season Top 25 and it really doesn't matter who wins, they'll just swap them in and out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I don't watch talking heads on ESPN.***

Oct 19, 2015, 10:08 AM [ in reply to How could ESPiN have known that 9 months ago... ]

when have 4 conferences had an undefeated team

Oct 19, 2015, 7:29 AM [ in reply to So how do you explain... ]

at the end of the season? That has never happened in my life time. The only time that I remember was when Auburn got left out when USC and Oklahoma were 1 and 2 all year and all year they were undefeated and Auburn started the season unranked and had to work their way up,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A helpful hint to anyone not caring about the rankings yet***

Oct 19, 2015, 12:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

^^^under rated post***

Oct 19, 2015, 5:53 AM

Have to agree this is simple but brilliant reply***

Oct 19, 2015, 9:01 AM

Oct 19, 2015, 12:17 AM

I just saw this on one of their shows. They had Brad Edwards talking about the top five teams in their FPI. It had Clemson at the #3 spot. They then talked in depth about teams 1 and 2 and 4 and 5 before going to the next segment and completely ignored Clemson being at #3. It's like they have some sort of unjustified vendetta against Clemson.

So many examples every day, I quit taking notes***

Oct 19, 2015, 1:00 AM

Oct 19, 2015, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: A helpful hint to anyone not caring about the rankings yet ]

Yeah I see it in the news too. Clemson gets little press. Yesterday Finebaum actually was the only of three guys to have Clemson in the playoffs, but when he said Clemson as #4 he was obviously under pain and duress to have to say it.

The only poll that matters is the

Oct 19, 2015, 12:23 AM

College Football Playoff Committee Poll on December 6th, 2015. If Clemson is ranked in the top 4 they will be in the playoffs and that is all that matters, not if they are #5 or #6 on Oct. 18th. The talking heads on ESPN will not have a single vote in that poll and DRad or Bobby Johnson don't spend their day sitting around watching a show hosted by a bunch of clowns, so it will have zero effect on their vote. Clemson wins out they're in the playoffs and moving up one or dropping one in the poll in oct. isn't going to change that fact.

I'm sure the committee members do not look at any polls

Oct 19, 2015, 12:54 AM

but create self generated independent lists without any regard for what anyone else has to say on the subject.

Re: I'm sure the committee members do not look at any polls

Oct 19, 2015, 1:07 AM

Clemson wins out and they will be in the top 4 of every poll out the FPI, (they are #3 and its a ESPN index), AP, Coach Poll, and the Football Playoff Committee Poll. So at the end of the day Clemson will determine if they're in the playoffs not ESPN. So you just keep worrying about what they say on all the college football shows and the ups and downs of the polls, but Clemson will not be left out if they win out and no one thinks that but you, not even ESPN.

Unless they get their sports news from other than...

Oct 19, 2015, 5:59 AM [ in reply to The only poll that matters is the ]

every sports writer in the country they are exposed to exactly what ESPiN wants to exposed to them. Actually, the POC sat in on ESPiN's mock POC meetings and learned how to behave when it comes to creating a poll. I learned that from ESPiN.

Two of the POC member have sat in on ESPiN's mock POC meeting this season. I learned that on, you guessed it, ESPiN.

Lack of respect is the best motivator***

Oct 19, 2015, 4:54 AM

Too much at stake just to exploit a second order derivative

Oct 19, 2015, 7:11 AM

I'm talking about being or not being in the playoffs.

Re: Too much at stake just to exploit a second order derivative

Oct 19, 2015, 7:20 AM

It's a first order issue. We have to win to bring the situational rage from football fans everywhere. Please don't dismiss anyone seeing something good coming from our plight.

The ACC will be matched post season against opponents from several other conferences. It's most likely only one, or no, ACC team will make one of the 8 Playoff Off Bowls so I expect our conference to fair well in the post season.

Maybe ESPiN will pick on someone else next year.

Re: Lack of respect is the best motivator***

Oct 19, 2015, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Lack of respect is the best motivator*** ]

IMHO as far as respect....& I'm not looking ahead, but everyone is waiting to see if we can beat FSU. One week at a time....beat Miami! Keep winning & Beat FSU and the national tone will change.

Oct 19, 2015, 6:51 AM

Frankly, those that want to make others think the way THEY think is fooling themselves. Caring about the polls one way or the other simply doesnt matter. Complaining about the $ec media bias doesnt matter. I have no control over the polls. Simply win. The more you let the polls bother you, the less sleep youre going to get. I dont need helpful hints. Thats just plain unfounded arrogance from the OP. Im willing to bet this guy does NOT live a drama free life.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then why was Dabo mad and what did he mean by agenda?

Oct 19, 2015, 7:17 AM

when asked about Clemsoning? And why did I hear that word during our game on espn Saturday 15-20 times while they pretending to somewhat redefine it while primarily making sure to keep it alive and well?

Re: Then why was Dabo mad and what did he mean by agenda?

Oct 19, 2015, 7:45 AM

LOL Everybody who is a Clemson fan gets mad at that word, but what does that have to do with MY concern about the polls, which I have NO control over. Some people, like yourself, let it engulf you and tick you off, others like myself shrug it off and watch the Tigers win. Some people just worry over stuff they cant do anything about. Have at it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously, what did he mean by agenda? I believe that has

Oct 19, 2015, 8:04 AM

everything to do with the influencing of who goes and who stays home from the playoffs. What else would it mean?

Dude, govt elections/primaries are rigged.

Oct 19, 2015, 8:17 AM

We have wars waging or brewing on multiple fronts. We have a national debt that is darn near un-repayable.

Somehow this particular conspiracy isn't real big on my radar. It's football---try to enjoy it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't even care about world hunger - Just Clemson football***

Oct 19, 2015, 9:04 AM

Besides, I know how to solve world hunger***

Oct 19, 2015, 9:05 AM

Send them U-hauls so they can move out of the freakin desert***

Oct 19, 2015, 9:06 AM

You can't grow food in the desert!!!!!!!***

Oct 19, 2015, 9:07 AM

$1 to Sam Kinison....RIP.***

Oct 19, 2015, 10:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still not caring. 6 games to play

Oct 19, 2015, 8:22 AM

When an undefeated acc champ is left out for a 1 loss team. .I will care.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

But in the meantime Florida is overranked 5 spots just to be

Oct 19, 2015, 9:03 AM

postured to make this happen.

It is not about caring or not caring - it is not to worry

Oct 19, 2015, 9:08 AM

"Be ye anxious for nothing." Why get yourself all worked up about something you cannot control! Worrying is a waste of energy. Let go and LET God, peace Cousin!

Not so much worry as casual conversation amongst friends

Oct 19, 2015, 9:26 AM

Sort of like the ice breaker discussions that occur just before Sunday School class starts.

Here are a few that i care about...

Oct 19, 2015, 9:10 AM

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fplus
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fei
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa

Yep, #1 in every advanced metric on FO. This is more important because these actually have some accuracy in predicting how good a team really is and how they may fare in their remaining games.

Also, i would like to think there are some progressive thinkers on the playoff committee and not just a bunch of lazy old dinosaurs that are slaved to media opinions and outdated thinking.

This type of "caring" is non-anxiety producing assurance!

Oct 19, 2015, 9:15 AM

thanks!

Actually, you prove my point about Ole Miss and FL when

Oct 19, 2015, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Here are a few that i care about... ]

integrating the three spreadsheets into a composite. They are very over rated.

Re: Here are a few that i care about...

Oct 19, 2015, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Here are a few that i care about... ]

Wow. We are awesome and ESPN sucks. T/U for sweet stats link.

Okay, must go to work now and straighten those people out***

Oct 19, 2015, 9:17 AM

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic