Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A great no sports, no virus, no politics post
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

A great no sports, no virus, no politics post

Mar 16, 2020, 1:32 PM

What bands did you see live at Clemson while you were a student (or have you seen on campus)? Which one was best?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A great no sports, no virus, no politics post

Mar 16, 2020, 1:34 PM

Fleetwood Mac, Smithereens, Def Lepard, Stones/Living Colour, Beach Boys/Chicago, all played while I was there. Hard to say which was best. Either Stones Steel Wheels tour (which was the first concert in DV, I think) or, just for the pure fun of it, Beach Boys/Chicago. Both were outdoors, which to me, is the perfect environment!

Mar 16, 2020, 1:46 PM

Chicago, Three Dog Night, Deep Purple, Rare Earth, Rod Stewart, Free, Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Buddy Miles, Four Tops, Alice Cooper, Cheech and Chong, Uriah Heep, Jethro Tull, Ike and Tina Turner, Flash Cadillac, Junior Walker, Chuck Berry, Rufus and Chaka Khan, BJ Thomas, James Gang, Wishbone Ash and probably a few I can't remember. Chicago and Cheech and Chong the best.

Message was edited by: richmaja®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Mar 16, 2020, 3:01 PM

Don't forget that The Continental Kids were with Flash Cadillac. I'd also have to add Tom Chapin, JK Thomas, and Mission Mountain Wood Band.

You all forgot Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts. They played

Mar 16, 2020, 3:07 PM

at a "Young Republican Rally" at the "Y" Beach. It was suspiciously like a beer bust. :)

That was the night I learned how to diagonal park my '65 Mustang.
(Woke up the next morning (around 1 pm?) and looked out, I was parked diagonally across two parking places in one of the student lots.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2020, 1:49 PM

Stones/Living C was amazing. I had graduated, so the only problem was getting out of town and back home to Atlanta. Traffic made football games look like a walk in the park. What a show though !! Some of the songs are on a Stones live album. Worth a listen, for those who missed it

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2020, 3:19 PM

Oddest show was Strawberry A!arm Clock, Buffalo Springfield and Beach Boys at old Fike field house, 1968. Steppenwolf at then new Littlejohn. Young Rascals. Sam and Dave. Seemed like the Tams were in residence, they played there so often. Rod Stewart year or two after graduation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2020, 8:30 PM

Strawberry Alarm Clock at Fike. Wow. Music tastes were certainly in transition that year...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All for one and one for all.

Was thinking about this the other day. I didn't do many

Mar 16, 2020, 3:48 PM

concerts though.

Rolling Stones/Living Color -- DV
Chicago(?) -- beside DV?
Drivin n Cryin -- beside DV
John Cougar -- LJ
Some R/B band (bc gf said I had to) -- LJ
Micheal W. Smith -- LJ
Elton John and Billy Joel --DV
The Producers -- Amphitheatre

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was thinking about this the other day. I didn't do many

Mar 16, 2020, 7:11 PM

Not as a student but seen ZZ Top late 70s and Billy Joel and Elton John around 1993.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fleetwood Mac, B-52s, Stones, Living Color, Sting, Billy

Mar 16, 2020, 8:29 PM

Joel, Elton John. That's what I can remember at the moment. Fleetwood Mac was the best.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Five Way Friday.***

Mar 16, 2020, 9:09 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 16, 2020, 10:35 PM

Saw Roger Miller in late '60's - quite sure he was drunk as a skunk when he walked into Fike. Went well with his weird songs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic