Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A good way to look at the playoff scenarios
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 950

A good way to look at the playoff scenarios

Sep 20, 2017, 3:28 PM

Given all the games yet to be played, grouping the possibilities into categories like this makes a lot of sense:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/03/upshot/2015-college-football-playoff-scenarios.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A good way to look at the playoff scenarios

Nov 3, 2015, 7:26 AM

Interesting that they say that nd has to play a tough BC defense. We have played 2 of the top 5 defenses in the country (BC and NCSU) and that gets no mention.

Makes a Ton of Sense But

Nov 3, 2015, 8:00 AM

Where is the 2-Loss Automatic Bid Secret SEC Champion and/or Runner Up?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lost my confidence...

Nov 3, 2015, 9:03 AM

"...and has not always body-slammed inferior competition, the committee will be loath not to hand the top seed to an undefeated defending national champion."

Uhhhh... isn't that exactly the scenario that FSU ended up a 3 seed last year? Had a tough time reading after this.

I would side with the committee rather then the writer

Nov 3, 2015, 9:19 AM

FSU never got it together last year and never looked like the best team in the country. They were a team that scraped by - nearly losing at least half their games - against a weak schedule. OSU hasn't played great much of the season, but they've actually looked better than FSU did last year. Still, if they aren't impressive they don't deserve the #1 seed just because they won the title last year.

Re: I would side with the committee rather then the writer

Nov 3, 2015, 9:58 AM

I agree. I don't think FSU deserved it last year. The writer was pretty much saying an undefeated defending NC would get the top spot, even after the committee proved that wouldn't be the case last year.

Iowa is not in the same group as OSU and MSU.

Nov 3, 2015, 10:12 AM

Sure winning out probably gets them into the playoff, but they would be a lock for the 4 seed. They are basically playing a Boise St schedule with a 1-game showdown against a real team at the end.

so BC is a "doozie" for notre dame,...

Nov 3, 2015, 9:28 AM

don't think I have seen them desribed that way when our schedule is being discussed

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 950
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic