Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Dec 23, 2019, 7:50 AM

Friday night, hell if I know the weekend of concerts must have led to doing not doggone thing.

Saturday shopped, wrapped, and shipped a bunch of gifts.

Sunday, extended family Christmas lunch. Then feeling like crap all night and some funk has settled in my lungs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome

Dec 23, 2019, 8:10 AM

Youngest son in town and did a family Christmas meal Saturday with sister and her kids/grandkids & my kids/grandkid.

Top Golf last night with both sons and the old man just killed them chipping. :)

Rain sux though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THREE WORDS

Dec 23, 2019, 8:13 AM

TITTIES
COCAINE
DELUSION

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So I'ma assume this is not elaborated because it

Dec 23, 2019, 11:37 AM

has it's own thread somewhere?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIL Greenr went to a gentleman’s club***

Dec 23, 2019, 12:03 PM

TYL Greenr hates strip clubs. Been maybe thrice, didn't

Dec 23, 2019, 12:16 PM

really care for it.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I'm with you on that.

Dec 23, 2019, 2:17 PM

Like you, I'm more of a torture dungeon guy myself.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#DungeonFamily, amirite?***

Dec 23, 2019, 2:32 PM

One of those three things I actually had this weekend.

Dec 23, 2019, 12:17 PM [ in reply to So I'ma assume this is not elaborated because it ]

I have delusions of peace and quiet around the house with 7 puppies, 3 dogs, 3 kids, a wife, brother's family in town, etc....

MERRY FOOKING CHRISTMAS

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Dec 23, 2019, 8:18 AM

Friday - 40th birthday party, liquor, steaks, edibles and more beer. Late night at the pub.

Saturday - play with kids, leaf blowing and tree climbing with the kids. Long run and pizza dinner. Bed early.

Sunday - ask for forgiveness in the house of the Lord, long run, naps, playground, target for last Christmas gifts, neighbors house for drinks.

11/10

Message was edited by: tigermanac®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My weekend was meh. But thanks for asking.

Dec 23, 2019, 8:21 AM

Friday - watched Star Wars 7 for family movie night.
Saturday - was going to watch Star Wars 8 for family movie night but youngest had a migraine that lasted all day with vomiting so that was a rough day.
Sunday - finally watched Star Wars 8 in preparation for Star Wars 9 at the movie theater. Also cooked and consumed a delicious standing rib roast.

1/10 will do again cause were all still alive but kid getting migraines on a regular basis sucks.

Dec 23, 2019, 8:32 AM

Whacked couple of big does on Satiddy for us to make some sausage next week. Had to wait to get the walkin cooler going again. So now we can plan our sausage party! We like to make the women stuff it in the casing, makes them wet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2019, 8:33 AM

Friday: drove to Auburn AL for a wedding. Stayed at the Grand National Resort in Opelika Al. Bar crawl thru Auburn after wedding. Loads of fun. Moe’s and Skybar were the highlights.

Saturday: drove back to Gangland.

Sunday: watched NFL for some reason. Went to grocery store. ms midlands homemade chili for supper. Yummers!??

10/10.

Was the wedding at the Auburn University & Dixon Conference

Dec 23, 2019, 8:53 AM

Center?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was the wedding at the Auburn University & Dixon Conference

Dec 23, 2019, 10:23 AM

Auburn United Methodist Church.

A good buddy of mine was also in Auburn it was going to

Dec 23, 2019, 11:00 AM

amuse me if you were at the same event.

Ate too much; Rained too much!

Dec 23, 2019, 8:35 AM

Friday drove around figuring out details about the build, dinner club at the Kennedy in Murderburg
Saturday finished Xmas shopping, dinner at Larkins with friends, back to house where party was going on...lit
Sunday leaning how to YouTubeTV, choc oreo ball eating, rib roast for dinner. Feel like Tim Taylor in Santa3 garb....

Whale...

Dec 23, 2019, 8:43 AM

Saturday morning went to Pube Licks to get a birthday cake for dad, and some munchies. We had transportation lined up to have him out to my house for some of my home-cooked ribs, but a Tiglet got sick and he can't get sick, so we went to Plan B and had it at the conference room in the nursing home. He turned 80. Got a Roku to watch Clemson games (taught them how to put games on for him), some artwork from the grands, and a Clemson sweatshirt from cousins. Mom gave him a book.

Came home, kept sick Tiglet while wife last minute Christmas shopped. She gets back from her hour of shopping at 9pm, so got them all asleep solo. Drank.

Sunday skipped church to actually have some of the Lord's rest, then at 1pm went to inlaws for Christmas. All the adults ate too much and with a single brown likker drink we all commenced to sleep, except wife. Last night wife wrapped.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fine. Just fine.

Dec 23, 2019, 8:49 AM

Fri - Had all kids this weekend, just hung about Friday night. Brother-in-law came in from L.A. (the real one, not the bammer one) and we stayed up till the wee hours hanging out and had some beers.

Sat - slept in b/c of Fri, went to Christmas party on Saturday night for a couple hours. Saw a couple from Clemson days that I had not seen for a while. Met B-I-L downtown after the party for a bit, but were all pretty tired still so did not stay up too late.

Sun - Did a few things around the house, went to Japanese steakhouse for supper to celebrate wife's nephew who turned 21 a few days ago. Other than being a gamecock, he's a pretty cool dude. Looked like a redhead convention was in town. Stayed up till 1 am hanging out and chatting with wife. Bed, up for one day of work, and then off until next Monday. Other than having bought hardly any gifts to this point, ready for Christmas to be here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

East coast party don't ever end......

Dec 23, 2019, 8:56 AM

Friday Tough day of watching westerns, wrapping presents, and eating chicken alfredo.

Saturday Mor westerns, football, lunch with coot in laws, mor football, mor presents wrapped, and spaghetti with grannie me.

Sunday Put up mor Christmas decorations, watch NFL, and lasagna for me and grannie.

Monday Finish Christmas decorations, watch westerns, nap, go outside in rain, and eat something.

Tuesday Have grandkids over, feed'em, gift'em, hug'em, and kick'em out.

From Sattidy

That's Kurt Cobain on the left. Still standing.

Are you in the picture?***

Dec 23, 2019, 10:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me and grannie in middle of couch....

Dec 23, 2019, 11:52 AM

Three of eight grandchildren behind us. Daughter to right of them.

I'm starting to wonder if working today is ruining the

Dec 23, 2019, 8:59 AM

glorious memory of the weekend.

Thursday, annual shopping trip with my goodest pal orangecadillac. Volumes of sports and general hilarity, some shopping, finally had a Popeye's chicken sammich for lunch...I'm a fan. Finished most of the shopping and in the grand scheme of things, Charlotte traffic was generally easy to negotiate. Capped off the night at Carolina Ale House in Fort Mill for food and beer.

Friday, had a couple of last shopping stops to make in Charlotte again, traffic on I-77 was a NIGHTMARE. Went all the way home the back way at 45 MPH but at least was moving the entire time. Last shopping stop of the year at O'Darby's for liquor presents, then home for pizza and early Christmas shindig with Joonyer and his fiance.

Saturday, helped Mrs. Tig move out some stuff from her's mom's house. There are a lot of things that she and I do well in tandem...moving furniture ain't one of them. Survived that, home to get bass and beers for Christmas Jam Part Deux. Maybe not the best we've played, but it was LOUD. And drunkenly sloppy.

Sunday, lots of coffee and recuperation time. Figured the Panties Nightmare would be the best time to go to the grocery store. I was amazed that it was as easy as it turned out to be. It was crowded, and people were far more rude and impatient than normal, but sill managed to get in and out without too much trouble. Back home to wrap last of the gifts and drink Rebel yell and hot Blenheim ginger ale. Mrs. fixed Jamaican for supper, watched Princess Bride, then crashed.

'Twas a solid 11/10 weekend, and I can't wait for the next one at 5:00 today.

Worked 6 hours Sat and 4 hours Sunday but now

Dec 23, 2019, 10:03 AM

I’m done until Jan 6.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

was?? There’s another week of weekend left.***

Dec 23, 2019, 10:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

started crappily, ended rather well

Dec 23, 2019, 10:25 AM

So APM had to go down to Sakerlina for another funeral Thursday and came right back to Virginny on Friday. Was in a car so long my butt ached. But Friday night was good. Drank Moscow Mules with the missus, ate some good homemade grub, watched The Crown with the missus, had sexy time.

Satdee - got up late, did some work, watched some EPL, got a workout in, did some decorating (late getting to it this year), went to the office, got some last minute gifts for the missus, got APM's gift to himself, which was a bottle of Laphraig 10 and with it a plot of peat soil in Islay, Scotland, watched some more TV, sipped a dram by the fire, bed.

Sunday - church, YMCA, home for some cookies and eggnog and dinner, fell asleep watching crap TV.

Not bad. Wouldn't want to do the funeral again, but otherwise, a decent pre-holiday weekend.

DND.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Up and down...

Dec 23, 2019, 10:39 AM

Friday - did the zoo lights at Riverbanks with the kids. The 15 month old was in heaven. stared and pointed at all the lights. Then Grandma took the kids home while my wife and I went and saw Drivin' n Cryin at the Senate. They kicked complete and total ###. Great show. Went home and had sexy time.

Saturday - woke up early and had more sexy time. Made a big breakfast for the kids then Christmas shopped for the kids until it was time to go to my dad's for Christmas celebration. Got in a tiff with the wife about being a freaking hour late because of last minute stuff that didn't have to be done. But had a great time once we got there. A whole tenderloin on the BGE and had some of the best wine I've ever tasted. Can't remember the name, but ####. Went home and drank bourbon until I fell asleep on the couch.

Sunday - got up too late for church. Pretty sure I slept about 10 hours. Took the kids to Cracker Barrel and then did some more shopping. Hosted Wife's step dad with some chicken on the griddle and a salad then sat up waiting for daughter to get home from a party. Fell asleep on couch again. In late this morning.

Would do again.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TWSS, amirite?***

Dec 23, 2019, 10:44 AM

I get it.

Dec 23, 2019, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Up and down... ]

When you start the weekend off with a DnC show, there’s nowhere to go but down.

Little bummed, their next show here is NYE and it’s at a bar an hour away from me. Much as I’d love to go, I swore off NYE’s activities at least a decade ago

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.

Dec 23, 2019, 11:15 AM

RH Mom's birthday is Dec.31 so we generally go eat somewhere in Charlotte and get back home early and hunker down. Mrs. Tig probably hasn't stayed awake until midnight in a decade now. I usually drink, watch TV with the pup because she does NOT like the sound of fireworks. If I remember, I'll flip the channel and watch the ball drop but more than likely I look at the clock and realize that it 12:30 or so and go to bed. I'm WAY past getting in the middle of Amateur Night hijinks.

The wife and I are already planning to go out this year

Dec 23, 2019, 11:18 AM

We've already lined up a babysitter. Not sure how I fell for it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s really easy to turn that into a humblebrag.

Dec 23, 2019, 11:20 AM

Just add “I guess I should have expected obligations like this when I married a 25 year old model” to the end of that post.

He is probably even going to get to have sex

Dec 23, 2019, 11:44 AM

which is awesome and feels great.

She forty six - she just look twenty five***

Dec 23, 2019, 12:34 PM [ in reply to It’s really easy to turn that into a humblebrag. ]

Kevn looks like death warmed over

Dec 23, 2019, 11:17 AM [ in reply to I get it. ]

But #### they sounded good.

Saturday was perfect: 1. Drive to ferry in Weehawken NJ.

Dec 23, 2019, 10:40 AM

2. Take ferry to mid-town. Walk 35 blocks to Wash. Sq. Park. Buy a lil sumpin for $10 per tiny bag(about 2 jays).
3. Walk around corner and take one hit. 4. Walk two blocks and watch Texans, then watch Pats Bills while drinking about 8 Sixpoint Sweet Actions @ 3 Sheets Saloon. 5. Eat 2 slices at great Village hole in the wall spot.

Sunday do the midtown Christmas tourist thing and walk about 40 blocks. Take ferry back to Jersey.

9/10 because stupid Pats won.

https://www.city-journal.org/washington-square-park-drug-market

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another knot in the string of bad luck I've been having

Dec 23, 2019, 11:23 AM

lately.

Friday: Got off work early. Worked on the septic tank again. One field line is completely clogged with roots. The other was partially clogged with poop. Got the poop one unclogged. Got some root killer to put down the toilet for the other one.

Saturday: Hit a deer on the way home from hunting with the truck I just ####### bought. Had it towed.

Sunday: Covered up the septic tank after the cement yall said wouldn't work, worked. Was expecting standing water in the yard again like normal after all of our showers. So far everything is working the way it's suppose to. Fingers crossed.

Today: Talked to insurance and the tow guy (this is the same guy I spoke about in a previous post. His brother is the junkie selling off all of his stuff for a fix.

Thanks to him I found an auto body place that will cover the deductible and fix it in less than 2 week. Everywhere else wouldn't cover the deductible and couldn't get to it this month. We shall see how that goes.

At least something went right for me this weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

spent the night at the in-laws

Dec 23, 2019, 11:47 AM

That live in town.

Went to Christmas show that lasted 2 hours with 12 people inclusive of a 2 and 4 yr old.

Hall’s for dinner after with said 12 people and kids. Mildly stressful to say the least.

Luckily FIL picked up the tab. I did give him my $90 gift card that I won and haven’t used in 2 yrs.

Real talk:
Kids menu at Halls is the awesome, skip the steak and get a kid burger, hot dog or even the chicken fingers

Tell Bush I feel for him. Tab had to be at least $1500.***

Dec 23, 2019, 11:59 AM

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Dec 23, 2019, 2:03 PM

Friday - Drove to IOP and picked up Domnio's. Peppered thy Angus for a weekend with 4 teenagers...

Sattidy - Hit the Vicious Biscuit for Breakfast, had a Sweet 16 B-Day party with 5 lbs of crab, 3 lbs of shrimps and a lb of crawdads. Very excellent and well cooked IMHO.

Sunday - Crashed cuz multiple inches of rain had some Ron's wings for dinner.

Drove home today. Weather suxxed. Bad wreck at Malfunction Junction this am. Looked like a coot may have been involved.

8/10 cuz IOP

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Pretty dang good!!

Dec 23, 2019, 2:11 PM

Friday: left work early and picked up Myfavjr. Took him hunting for first time where he had the gun. Saw deer and thought we were having an earthquake. Asked if he was cold? He said, "I'm nervous daddy". Didn't get a good shot before we had to leave.

Saturday: worked a little before heading home. Pork roast in the crock pot before hanging with Jr. Shopped some and ate Mexican.

Sunday: Church and dinner with mom and jr. Took son back to his mom's for a few days. :( Went to Monroe to shop some more before checking on work. Wrapped a few gifts before bed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic