Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Leicester City!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 2,387

Leicester City!!

May 2, 2016, 5:01 PM

Champions

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish I had bet them pre-season!***

May 2, 2016, 5:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unbelievable

May 2, 2016, 5:11 PM

What a great story, from barely avoiding regulation to league champs. As a United fan if my team couldn't hoist the trophy I'm glad to see someone not in the Big 5 win.

Re: Leicester City!!

May 2, 2016, 5:39 PM

Is that in Massachusetts?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 2, 2016, 5:59 PM

Hopefully this will signal the end for Arsenal's Arsene Wenger. 12 years is too long to not win a championship.

Re: Wenger?

May 2, 2016, 6:12 PM

I think it might, but who would you like to see take over? Hopefully Van Gaal will be gone in a few weeks with Mourinho taking over at Old Trafford. With Klopp at LFC and Pep taking over at City the EPL is getting some great managers and maybe in the coming years an English Club can win the Champion League. Yes, I know City can still win it this year, but I'm pulling for Athletico.

May 2, 2016, 7:03 PM

I'd like to see Diego Simeone or Koeman take over the Gunners

May 2, 2016, 7:11 PM

Simeone would be great. I love his style of play and I think he'd be a great manager to play for. Though I've heard since he doesn't speak english he refuses to leave La Liga. It will be interesting to see what happens with Claudio Ranieri. Does he stay loyal to Leicester City or does he want another run with one of the old guards of english football.

May 2, 2016, 7:35 PM

I agree with you on Ranieri. Leicester caught lighting in a bottle this year. I'd be getting out of there as fast as I could and going after one of the perennial powers.

No man,

May 2, 2016, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Leicester City!! ]

It's just West of Asheville.

PA, TD23 . . . you need to get off

May 3, 2016, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Leicester City!! ]

the boat more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

A friend asked me to give him an idea of how big this is, he

May 2, 2016, 7:30 PM

asked "is it like the Browns winning the super bowl?"

It's much bigger, the Browns are 200-1 to win the super bowl next year while Leicester was 5000-1 to win the Prem this year! Absolutely insane this season will be one remembered for a long time.

Re: A friend asked me to give him an idea of how big this is, he

May 3, 2016, 11:22 AM

Better odds than USuC winning the SEC

its cause there's no salary cap in European soccer

May 3, 2016, 11:27 AM [ in reply to A friend asked me to give him an idea of how big this is, he ]

And the premier league has been dominated by the big 4. Since the premier leagues current structure started in 1992...

Manchester United 13 titles
Chelsea 4 titles
Arsenal 3
Man City 2
Blackburn 1
Leicester 1

So only Blackburn had been able to grab one away from the big clubs (Blackburn isn't in the premier league anymore. They are in the 2nd division)

Leicester is only in year 2 of their current spell in the premier league. Finished 14th(of 20) last year and only finished that high thanks to a late season flurry. They had been bottom 3 in the relegation zone for most of the year. Before last year they hasn't been in the premier league since 2002

and Leicester even fell back to the 3rd division

May 3, 2016, 11:28 AM

For a year in 2009

I kind of wish all leagues had a policy of relegating their

May 3, 2016, 12:06 PM

bottom 3 teams into a different league each year...

I'm glad they won it, even though I think they had to wait for another team to lose to win it (I may be wrong, I don't follow it that closely).

Would have been nice to bet a couple hundred bucks on those 5000-1 odds though. :)

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

well Leicester could have confirmed it

May 3, 2016, 12:33 PM

Themselves if they had beat Man U Sunday but they tied 1-1. With Tottenham's tie it means they are 7 points ahead with only 2 games left and with wins being 3 points there's no way now that Tottenham can catch them.

Congrats to them! I am a long suffering Aston Villa fan

May 3, 2016, 12:11 PM

Cannot get down any futher than the claret and blue are these days.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you guys have been in the premier league forever

May 3, 2016, 12:36 PM

Some relegation might do you well. You'll be ok.

I'm a West Brom fan and we got used to being a yo-yo club for years. Luckily we are kinda an established Premier league team now

Re: you guys have been in the premier league forever

May 3, 2016, 12:37 PM

I don't know. I worry about Aston Villa. They seem more like Blackburn than Newcastle. I don't see them instantly bouncing back but I hope they do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

yeah I guess they could do a Leeds***

May 3, 2016, 12:39 PM

Something is wrong in the culture...

May 3, 2016, 2:18 PM [ in reply to you guys have been in the premier league forever ]

Do not know what it is but there is too much support, too much passion, too much history for Villa to be floundering recently. I hope this lights a fire. Villa Park is a great grounds that needs to be rocking. Birmingham City's success recently makes it even tougher to swallow for Villa folks.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the Lamecocks beat us 5 in a row, that's when I knew

May 3, 2016, 1:16 PM

ANYTHING was possible, even a 5000 to 1 shot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The best part of the story is the Thai prostitute ####

May 3, 2016, 2:42 PM

scandal that got the manager fired at the end of the last season.

May 3, 2016, 2:51 PM

Nothing against Leicester City, they went out and won the title, but take a look at their point totals compared to previous EPL winners.

2016 - Leicester City - 83 (assuming they win their last two) 77 other wise
2015 - Chelsea - 87 (83 puts you in 2nd place - 77 3rd place)
2014 - Man City - 86 (83 puts you in 3rd place - 77 5th place)
2013 - Man United - 89 (83 puts you in 2nd place - 77 3rd place)
2012 - Man City - 89 (83 puts you in 3rd place - 77 also 3rd)

Just seems like the EPL was down dramatically this year. Its a great story and all Leicester City fans should go on a bender.

Another interesting thing will be what happens next year? Do they sell their stars to make a HUGE profit? Do they bring in some extra players since they will have Champions League to worry about? Does Ranieri call it a career and walk off into the sunset? It will be VERY interesting to see what happens with Leicester over the summer.

The big 4 all struggling this year was certainly a bit of an

May 3, 2016, 3:07 PM

anomaly, but i think you will see more parity in the EPL and lower point totals winning the league going forward. There's a huge influx of cash coming to the league right now in the form of tv revenue, and that money is distributed pretty evenly among the clubs. That's going to lessen the gap between the clubs a bit and result in fewer "free" points for the contenders.

that could be so

May 4, 2016, 12:09 PM

also it seems not as hard for teams to break into the league now. Bournemouth is going to survive pretty comfortably in a year they were supposed to be easily relegated

Replies: 26
| visibility 2,387
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic