Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A football program taking a page from the Jimma Carter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

A football program taking a page from the Jimma Carter

Oct 6, 2020, 8:46 AM

Administration.

I listened to the rant from the Coot on their call in show that is posted elsewhere here on TNet. It struck me that the one overriding word that describes their football program right now was first thrust into the American consciousness during the Carter years.

Malaise.
A feeling that the ship is just drifting along without anyone at the rudder, and no one (in power) cares enough about it to DO anything about it. Their path should be crystal clear. Moistcramp AND Tanner must be fired, and a real AD put in place, who will then try and conduct a lucid Head Coach search.

But, the powers that be in Cootlumbia will not even contemplate letting Tanner go, even though he has done an abysmal job, outside of wimmins basketball. His two Baseball Natties have bought him that much capital. So, they are, and will continue to be for several more years, doomed.

Only by their fans doing what John on the radio was contemplating, quit buying tickets, will a change be forced. We may not want to believe it now, but it was already beginning to happen at Clemson in 2008, and would have escalated VERY quickly after that fateful Weak Florist loss. Thankfully, OUR Board of Trustees realized that we had to make a change. You can debate whether Tommy was fired, or voluntarily left, a change was going to be made. We can look right down the road to Cootlumbia right now, and thankfully say, "There but for the Grace of God Go I."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A football program taking a page from the Jimma Carter

Oct 6, 2020, 9:14 AM

we dont hear much from Carter anymore. So thats a plus

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just thank God every day that 8 year old Amy must have

Oct 6, 2020, 9:17 AM

had the right answers when he discussed nuclear proliferation with her.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just thank God every day that 8 year old Amy must have

Oct 6, 2020, 10:26 AM

Yes, but he pronounced it Nookey-Err. Don't know if that was a subliminal thing or not.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hopefully nothing changes there - extend Muschamps contract

Oct 6, 2020, 9:54 AM

Boom

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 6, 2020, 10:38 AM

South Carolina's football program is rancid. Everyone who's familiar with their program who isn't clueless knows this.

Why waste brainpower contemplating the "why" and "how" of it? Honestly, who cares? We're Clemson fans after all.

Being "cocky" and arrogant makes them blind to the truth and thankfully that's the perfect recipe. I wouldn't spend any time trying to help them figure things out.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 10:47 AM

Naw, if it wasn't for Mister Carter, the coots wouldn't have a roof over their precious little heads.

If the was a "Carter" coach, it would be Taggert. Willy T. Brought in to clean up an ethics mess, then fired for being an ineffective "nice guy". Maybe, that is Al Golden too.

The coots never realized that even under spurrier, they did not have a PROGRAM. Spurrier could coach SPURRIER's team to 10 wins, but it was never a "Gamecock" success, only Spurrier doping his thing. Even now, Spurrier is a Gator and his wins at USC were for him, not the coots.

And finally, I never consider Tommy Bowden in the same boat to any coot football item. He was a good coach, even if he wasn't our right coach. He always did the right thing except winning consistently at a high enough level. Tommy was about building the program. Sure he could not reach the rafters, but he layed the foundation. The coots would be extremely happy with a 8-9 win coach... but they would be willing to tear up any foundation and roll around in their own wastes for 9 wins and a Belk beatdown than build it the hard way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic