Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few thoughts on the first month of college football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,006

A few thoughts on the first month of college football

Oct 1, 2017, 9:43 AM

First of all, and I feel I speak for many Clemson fans, to be 5-0 at this point seemed unthinkable before the season. I was hoping for 4-1 at best and then roll through the White meat of the schedule to a 10-2 or 11-1 finish. But to travel to Louisville and eviscerate the Cardinals, and follow that up with a calm, workman-like win in Blacksburg? Wow! Make no mistake - VT was a huge win. Lane stadium is arguably the toughest place to play in the ACC not named Death Valley. Clemson is a dynasty and in my mind deserves to be #1. Unfortunately, Alabama is dispatching SEC opponents like they are mid-majors. Wait...SEC teams don't always BEAT mid-majors. Just saying.

Clemson at NC State now becomes a de-facto Atlantic championship game. After watching FSU play Wake, I do not feel threatened by FSU at all. They have issues besides an anorexic QB. As usual, Wake got hosed on a marginal targeting call and FSU escapes...

I'm still trying to decide if Georgia is a legitimate threat to Alabama in the SEC. The execution of Butch Jones's career in Knoxville was impressive, but UT simply quit in the first half. When Georgia plays at Auburn, we'll find out what they really are made of.

Oh LSU, maybe you can beg Les Miles back to Baton Rouge. I'm sure he enjoyed your play on Saturday. LSU now joins Tennessee in the "football karma graveyard".

As for our feathered friends, the Deebo-fueled winning streak is history and Bentley had -47 yards rushing against a porous TAMU defense. I look forward to watching Clemson stomp his big mouth and their dreams of returning to Shreveport into the grass in Williams-Brice.

Injuries can strike, but if Bryant stays healthy and Clemson has a running back rise to the top (this means you ETN), I feel Clemson will find itself in the playoffs once again facing Alabama, Penn State or possibly Oklahoma. Nothing would please me more than sending 30-year-old Baker Mayfield off to his CFL career with another thumping at the hands of Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoa...

Oct 1, 2017, 9:51 AM

that was good reading stuff rat there Dixon11!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A few thoughts on the first month of college football

Oct 1, 2017, 9:54 AM

Clemson has a RB who rose to the top but his name is Feaster.

Oct 1, 2017, 10:04 AM

While I agree with you, I need to see more out of Feaster before I feel completely comfortable with him as our starter.

Oct 1, 2017, 10:02 AM

Well written and spot-on. I commend you. Not nearly enough of this kinda stuff in between the incessant Twitter posts and troll spam we have to wade through these days.

You gotta figure Ed the Ogre and Butch Jones got their walking papers last night at LSU and UT. Just a matter of when. Sumlin isn't far behind at A&M. And Good God Willy Champ's crew there at South Carolina seems to look worse every week.

UGA is not For Real. They don't pass well enough. Right now they're getting away with overwhelming people at the LOS but passing twelve times a game and leaning on their RB's is a glaring red flag how one-dimensional they are on O. Just a matter of time before that gets exposed. The puppies are a 10-win team (again) and maybe a marginal Top-10 team, they are not a CFP contender.

You also gotta figure this is pretty much The End of Louisville as a competitive force for awhile in NCAA sports. Pitino is already gone, and you'd best believe Bobby Petrino - who always has his eyes on his next job - is planning his escape, especially with so many big-money SEC programs about to open.

Chip Kelly will be able to name his price when he returns to CFB. Probably Chad Morris too if he keeps winning at SMU. I'll lay long odds Morris is the next coach at A&M. Could we really see Kelly at LSU? That's a huge-money gig in one of the deepest talent pools in America; somebody will want it.

Kinda stinks that right now Auburn and UGA look like they're on the up. Those two programs are the biggest competition we have for that huge talent pool in ATL (I don't count Georgia Tech, since Paul Johnson doesn't really recruit anywhere), but thankfully, UNC has dropped off a cliff along with Tennessee and even South Carolina, so we can probably go strip-mine North Carolina for talent with no one to challenge us. Well, unless UGA buys themselves another 5-star from the Tarheel State.

^^^^^This is a Truth Blow Torch^^^^^

Oct 1, 2017, 11:39 AM

I like your style!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: A few thoughts on the first month of college football ]

Nice ananlysis.+1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

With ETN's love and early success, I would think La. has

Oct 1, 2017, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: A few thoughts on the first month of college football ]

opened up even more with the LSU meltdown. He could ultimately do for us there what CJ Spiller did for us in FL. Another barrier broken.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 11:43 AM

Well done. I'd be okay if #28 was the back to rise to the top also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 11:44 AM

Great writing guys! Need more of this!

Oct 1, 2017, 3:35 PM

I agree

Oct 1, 2017, 3:45 PM

Great work on this post.+1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

white meat of schedule ?

Oct 1, 2017, 5:34 PM

rassist.. ;) nice work

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,006
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic