Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few things from a student...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

A few things from a student...

Oct 7, 2012, 9:26 PM

1) Any of you older folks have blood pressure medicine? This defense and the performance of the coots last night had my blood boiling.

2) Greeks: there is a game after halftime ya know? Also, for those of you that showed up and stayed, at least wear a school color. Yellow, Green, or Pink do not qualify. Solid Orange is our motto. If you can't do that at least go white or purple...

3) Happy for Hot-Rod and Shuey. Proof hard work, dedication and patience will pay off. Hope to see the same thing from 'Teek, Steward, Brooks and some of the other younger guys happen soon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A few things from a student...

Oct 7, 2012, 9:35 PM

What were the students chanting or signing at the end of the game?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I believe we just won"***

Oct 7, 2012, 9:37 PM

Don't mean to be picky, but it was actually:

Oct 7, 2012, 10:45 PM

"I believe that we just won."

I believe
I believe that
I believe that we
I believe that we just won (repeat like 10 times fast)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't mean to be picky, but it was actually:

Oct 7, 2012, 10:46 PM

Repeat while jumping up and down. Probably one of my favorite chants.

A few things from a former student

Oct 7, 2012, 9:39 PM

1) correct. sucks we can't even enjoy being this good

2) greeks don't matter at this school and you'll never get them to drop their roofies and care

3) absolute proof that recruiting services' star ratings don't mean anything on a case by case basis.

Re: A few things from a former student

Oct 7, 2012, 10:25 PM

If you could be kind enough to show me the last case of "roofying" in the greek community at Clemson, I'd love to know when that happened...

I didn't get a chance to attend this week's game, but if you'll notice, the lower greek sections are always more full than the upper sections. Especially after halftime.

Mcdowell was a 4 star recruit***

Oct 7, 2012, 10:35 PM [ in reply to A few things from a former student ]

i took my neighbor to the game who had on a white

Clemson shirt. Just before we left the tailgate i told him he had to swap to an Orange one because the game was SOLID ORANGE.. He had an orange Clemson shirt it in the car.

During the game he looks down to the student section and asks me, "if it is solid orange , why are all those people wearing whit?" i told him it was the fraties who would rather look good in their white shirts and bow ties than be solid orange. It is a personal choice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Can we just get rid of the Pink collard Shirt, sunglasses,

Oct 7, 2012, 9:46 PM

Palmetto Flag belt-wearing, haircut-needing idiots? They seem to multiply and breed. They kill the football games for me

LOL....Easy G, +1 for that "pink COLLARD shirt"...not

Oct 8, 2012, 7:14 PM

sure I've ever seen it described that way!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Greek Block

You guys need to tighten up. First, you don't show up until
5 mins to go in the 1st quarter and then don't come back at all after halftime.
It's embarrassing.
Looks bad on the whole school. Your seats are right in the heart of the student section, it should not have any empty seat.

I'm all for the tailgating before and after the game, but you, of all students, should know know that you have a responsibility as a fan and student of Clemson University.

It has been going on for years now. It must stop. If you don't want the seats, I know plenty of students who would gladly take them.

move them to the upper deck... that will put a little

Oct 7, 2012, 9:41 PM

perspective in it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Agreed sir. But I think they're probably too cool to care***

Oct 7, 2012, 9:47 PM [ in reply to The Greek Block ]

I am/was Greek but

Oct 7, 2012, 9:54 PM [ in reply to The Greek Block ]

we got there before kick off and stayed the entire game. That matters a lot more to me than what they wear.

They should scan their tickets when they leave and REVOKE the privileges of and organization without at least a 90% return rate.

Their seats would cost a lot if purchased by an alumni. If they're not going to use them they should lose them.

Re: I am/was Greek but

Oct 7, 2012, 9:57 PM

That is actually a great idea

Re: The Greek Block

Oct 7, 2012, 10:07 PM [ in reply to The Greek Block ]

Most of the students who grew up here locally are there and they stay.... It is usually the kids from out of state or out of the country that don't stay or hardly come.

That is why Clemson has got to get back to focus more on the in state kids who love Clemson and stop making them take a back seat to out of state and out of country students.

Oct 7, 2012, 10:10 PM

Out of state people pay a substantial percentage of the bills. You won't see us moving away from them any time soon while we can charge them so much more.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2012, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: The Greek Block ]

Except that the out of state vs in state ratio has remained more or less unchanged for decades.

Oh shut up, I was an out of state student and you won't find

Oct 7, 2012, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: The Greek Block ]

another Clemson grad and fan as devoted as me. My wife as well, I'm sick of hearing it blamed on out of staters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Oct 7, 2012, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: The Greek Block ]

Stop with the whole "out of state" bull crap. I'm not even from the south but I have become a Clemson fan over all the years of visiting SC family members and now that I got into Clemson I have been/will be at every home game. I was screaming the whole game, I lost my voice. Don't blame me and the rest of the out of state students because I know plenty of local kids who leave at halftime and don't even come back.

I was greek, but I fully support doing away with the blocks

Oct 8, 2012, 7:35 PM [ in reply to The Greek Block ]

I think that is the problem. Most of us were pretty die hard and got there early and stayed until the end. That being said we had a contingency that simply wasn't going to get there until halfway through the first quarter and were going to leave at halftime and come back midway through the third, or not come back at all if we were playing a cupcake...it irked me to no end.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no problem with the Greek community except their

Oct 7, 2012, 9:40 PM

feeling that an orange bow-tie with white paws on it is all the orange necessary for "solid-orange".

I'd rather see our fans wear purple button-downs than easter colors.

However, the girls wearing tan with orange and purple accents blew any frustration I had for the Fraternity guys out of the water.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have no problem with the Greek community except their

Oct 7, 2012, 9:42 PM

Are you not frustrated by them leaving at the half, only to not return? Empty seats in the middle of the students looks like ####

Yeah their ratio of non-returners sucks

Oct 7, 2012, 9:46 PM

but we have GDI's that leave the same way. Rarely is there a non-greek member that shows up in a Pastel colored Button down to the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah their ratio of non-returners sucks

Oct 7, 2012, 9:51 PM

This is fact...A block of Greeks in solid orange this season, on top of the performance the coots put on last night, might have me believing the Mayans were right.

Oct 8, 2012, 7:08 PM

If you're too busy looking at the student section and getting pissed off because it's not to your liking, you're not paying enough attention to the game and maybe YOU should have your seats revoked. Watch the #### game instead of bitching about some students not coming back after the half.

Oct 8, 2012, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah their ratio of non-returners sucks ]

what does it matter what the coots do?

Wow, i love seeing beautiful women making terrible choices***

Oct 7, 2012, 9:48 PM [ in reply to I have no problem with the Greek community except their ]

Oct 7, 2012, 9:47 PM

you people complain too much

go tigers!!

Oct 8, 2012, 7:58 PM

LOL at the Greek hate....

I was greek in the 90's and there were alot of peeps that would leave early and head downtown to party at halftime. I never did that bc it was a waste of money and we had beer at the house... LOL. Too cheap I guess. Most of the time, Guys had dates and the chicks didnt like the heat early in the season (especially the northern girls who were freshmen), so there was alot of dates that wanted to go where there was some A/C.

I would say that big games and night games were the exception. We rarely had night games, which sucked.

Just another perspective....

ZA

haters

Oct 8, 2012, 8:09 PM

Granted most of today's freshman are douchenozzles, but DV would be a fraction as loud w/o students. After Hunts gw kick and during the Miami OT game, those 8k people were as loud as 50k ordinary people.

I'm sorry all yall are so bitter about not getting a bid...

Oct 8, 2012, 10:39 PM

But in all seriousness, I'd rather our school be represented by good ol southern fraternity men than orange wig wearing, face painted Dbags still wearing their free iptay tshirts from freshman orientation. Dont we all want a national perception similar to that of an SEC school? If so, those goofballs need to stop embarrassing our student body, and all y'all (including the administration) need to be more supportive of greek life.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic